• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are a new SFDC application partner who has developed a versioned database technology which makes Excel collaborative. With it, we have developed what we're calling an "Intelligent Reporting" capability as an extension to the SFDC Excel desktop integration for reports which are printed or exported out of SFDC.

With the current desktop integration, when you refresh your report, you cannot tell what's changed-- all the data is over written. This means you have to "save-as" multple versions and manually figure out what's changed. With our new app, you can use the same spreadsheet you have saved locally and with the click of a button "refresh" your data and only those cells that have been changed will be updated (including new rows or deleted rows). What's happening behind the scenes is that our unique tabular database is getting an update from SFDC and then pushing only the changed cells to the desktop without over writing your existing data except those cell values that have been updated.

You will see immediately what cells have been changed since we generate a change comment in Excel showing the new and old value. You can also see all the previous changes to the report over time at a cell, row, or entire spreadsheet level and re-create the data from any previous version and compare it to the current. For example, you can select a cell and ask for a history of all changes to that cell which will then be generated in a new tab inside your workbook.

We have a number of companies we are working with to help refine this new app and are looking for some more alpha/beta sites.

If this is of interest, please contact me at jb.kuppe@boardwalktech.com

Message Edited by jbkuppe on 04-10-2008 11:26 AM

Message Edited by jbkuppe on 04-10-2008 11:26 AM
We are a new SFDC application partner who has developed a versioned database technology which makes Excel collaborative. With it, we have developed what we're calling an "Active Reporting" capability as an extension to the SFDC Excel desktop integration for reports which are printed or exported out of SFDC.

With the current desktop integration, when you refresh your report, you cannot tell what's changed-- all the data is over written. This means you have to "save-as" multple versions and manually figure out what's changed. With our new app, you can use the same spreadsheet you have saved locally and with the click of a button "refresh" your data and only those cells that have been changed will be updated (including new rows or deleted rows). What's happening behind the scenes is that our unique tabular database is getting an update from SFDC and then pushing only the changed cells to the desktop without over writing your existing data except those cell values that have been updated.

You will see immediately what cells have been changed since we generate a change comment in Excel showing the new and old value. You can also see all the previous changes to the report over time at a cell, row, or entire spreadsheet level and re-create the data from any previous version and compare it to the current. For example, you can select a cell and ask for a history of all changes to that cell which will then be generated in a new tab inside your workbook.

We have a number of companies we are working with to help refine this new app and are looking for some more alpha/beta sites.
If this is of interest, please contact me at jb.kuppe@boardwalktech.com
I do not want the Salesforce Office Edition Excel toobar to always be displayed in Excel. I have turned it off using the standard Excel command to turn off the display of toolbars, but, when I exit Excel and open it again, I have to turn if off again.

Is there a way to turn it off and have it stay off until I turn it on again?
Hi All,
I am currently downloading a report raw data using the Salesforce Excel Addin V1.8.0.3. I would like to run this monthly but keep the previously downloaded historical data from previous months and not overwrite any existsing data. I would also like to add a date/timestamp to this information so I can keep track of when the raw data records were inserted into the spreadsheet.
Has anyone done this before ? If so how ?

thanks for any help,
Smrfette

We are working on a project and I was trying to find a reference regarding accessing reports via the API. You would think since the Office edition provides just this functionality the support should be there but I have not been able to find any documentation.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

Ok sorry.. found this post..
http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=NET_development&message.id=2198&query.id=40799#M2198

There was talk of support this in the future. Does anyone know if this made it to the Winter 07 release?

Message Edited by tango on 11-06-2006 07:25 PM

Message Edited by tango on 11-06-2006 07:26 PM

• November 07, 2006