• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have email-to-case enabled and it works fine.

We use cases for our helpdesk, no problem there.

I just noticed this today.  Someone sends an email to our helpdesk, it gets turned into a case.  Now, if they have attachments on that email, this is where the problem comes in.  When the case is created the email that was sent shows up as an open activity.  If I click through that activity to the email I can then view the attachment.  BUT.  Once I reply to that email, say to ask for more info on the problem, that activity gets moved to the Activity History section.  The problem is that the activity is now of my email reply being sent to them, so there are no attachments on it.  The email they sent to help desk with the attachments in the first place no longer has it's own activity, so there is no way to see the attachments.

Basically the situation today was like this:

1)Email to help desk (which I noticed had attachments so I briefly looked at them)

2)Reply asking for more info on a particular aspect of the problem

3)User who opened the case replies back saying the info I need is buried in one of the attachments

4)Imagine my surprise when I can no longer view any of the attachments now....

Anyone know why after I reply to the email I can't see the attachments anymore?  Does it make sense that it's this way?  Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

• August 25, 2010
From what I understand of Cross Object Formula Fields you can't use them to reference Long Text Area fields.  Does anyone know if that is right/wrong?  Or for that matter if it's right, is it something that may change in the future???
  • August 27, 2008
I have an email template that will be used when emails are sent from a custom object I created (let's call it MyCustomO).
MyCustomO has a lookup field to another custom object I created (MyOtherCustomO).

My question is this.  How can I, or can I, use fields from MyOtherCustomO in the email template and get them to work.  Currently when I try to do this it is just left blank in the email where the related data is supposed to be.

So I want something like this:

Dear {!MyCustomO__c.Name__c},

I see here that you have decided to look into {!MyOtherCustomO__r.Product__c}.

I just don't want to have to put all the fields I want out of MyOtherCustomO into MyCustomO, it just seems like I'd be filling everything out twice.

Thanks to anyone who can assist me on this and offer up any advice.

• March 26, 2008

We have email-to-case enabled and it works fine.

We use cases for our helpdesk, no problem there.

I just noticed this today.  Someone sends an email to our helpdesk, it gets turned into a case.  Now, if they have attachments on that email, this is where the problem comes in.  When the case is created the email that was sent shows up as an open activity.  If I click through that activity to the email I can then view the attachment.  BUT.  Once I reply to that email, say to ask for more info on the problem, that activity gets moved to the Activity History section.  The problem is that the activity is now of my email reply being sent to them, so there are no attachments on it.  The email they sent to help desk with the attachments in the first place no longer has it's own activity, so there is no way to see the attachments.

Basically the situation today was like this:

1)Email to help desk (which I noticed had attachments so I briefly looked at them)

2)Reply asking for more info on a particular aspect of the problem

3)User who opened the case replies back saying the info I need is buried in one of the attachments

4)Imagine my surprise when I can no longer view any of the attachments now....

Anyone know why after I reply to the email I can't see the attachments anymore?  Does it make sense that it's this way?  Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

• August 25, 2010

We cannot seem to get eclipse to connect to SFDC for saves. Anybody have any insight?

Error -

Unable to refresh resource.  SERVER_UNAVAILABLE: Unable to complete the creation of the query cursor at this time, please retry your query later

Hi,

I have requirement like, I need to render a visual force as Word Document format with Password protected.

Right now in visual force, we are having attribute in page like 'renderas='PDF''. In the same we have to display VF page in Word document format with password protected.

Is it possible to do this? Please let me know is there any alternative solution for this requirement?

• October 21, 2009

Hi!

I've overridden the "Edit" functionality of a Custom Object with a VF Page which uses Standard Controller with extensions.

Now, when this object's records are submitted for approval and locked, I'm still getting my overriden VF Page when clicked on Edit button. Instead, is it possible to retain "Lock Record" functionality by making changes in the extension Classes?

Thanks!

Karthik.

Hi All,

I am using :
tabstyle="Member_Value_Plan__c" title="Member Value Plan"
sidebar="false" showHeader="false" standardStylesheets="true"
contenttype="application/msword" cache="true">

I have used the following formats:
contenttype="application/msword"
contenttype="application/rtf",
contenttype="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document"

Actually, everything is fine if the file can be opened or saved in the doc format not into the web format.

In 2003, the page contents displays as in the HTML format like everything comes into the table format.

If I open the file and try to save it this file by default saved in web format,
But if I choose ms word format (Word 97 – 2003 Document) from the Save as Type list than
the new file gets open in correct ms-word format without showing contents into the table.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks,
Nitin Gupta
Message Edited by NT on 05-13-2009 07:44 AM
  • May 13, 2009

When I run a visual Force controller with debug statements, I get the following entries from Limit Methods:

Limit Aggregate Queries 300 : Limits.getLimitAggregateQueries()
Limit DML Row 10000 : Limits.getLimitDMLRows()
Limit DML Statement 100 : Limits.getLimitDMLStatements()
Limit Queries 100: Limits.getLimitQueries()
Limit Queries Rows 10000: Limits.getLimitQueryRows()   ===> Table below says 1000
Limit Script Statements 200000 : Limits.getLimitScriptStatements() ===> Table below says 10,000

I am wondering about the following

1. Is there an error in the documentation below as per what I am seeing above in debug statements? 
  2. Seems like when triggers are involked from a visualforce controller (due to DML statements), the visualforce limits still apply. What do the "trigger" column below limits apply?  Only when called from Salesforce UI? Or also when called from webservice client apps using binding.create() statements?
  3. I assume the batch concept is valid only for triggers - what does it mean when the † character is used on several rows in Webservice column e.g the Array Size (1000†)? It appears to me that the array size always remains 1000 when called from a visualforce/webservice - even if the array is used inside a trigger. 
  4. When does the "batch" concept below apply? For example, the documentation below says that if Array size is 1000 if number of records is less than 40. 2000 if between 40-80.  It would appear that when called from UI, there is usually only one record (unless lookup/child records are being updated). If 1 record is being updated through UI and 80 child records are being updated, is the limit 2000 or 1000? In the parent trigger or the child trigger? Perhaps the batch concept applies to binding.create calls....
  5. Seems like when "SOQL For Loops" are used, one can retrieve more than 1000 records. Is there a limit?
  6. "For Loop Array Batch Size" row says the batch size is 200 for web services, but "n/a" for Triggers. When SOQL for Loops are used in Triggers, what happens?
  7. I assume that "Trigger" really means all the triggers that are invoked - e.g if an insert trigger causes other trigger to execute, the total limits are across all triggers executed. I think I am right on that. Can someone confirm

Message Edited by GoForceGo on 05-17-2008 05:56 PM
I have an email template that will be used when emails are sent from a custom object I created (let's call it MyCustomO).
MyCustomO has a lookup field to another custom object I created (MyOtherCustomO).

My question is this.  How can I, or can I, use fields from MyOtherCustomO in the email template and get them to work.  Currently when I try to do this it is just left blank in the email where the related data is supposed to be.

So I want something like this:

Dear {!MyCustomO__c.Name__c},

I see here that you have decided to look into {!MyOtherCustomO__r.Product__c}.

I just don't want to have to put all the fields I want out of MyOtherCustomO into MyCustomO, it just seems like I'd be filling everything out twice.

Thanks to anyone who can assist me on this and offer up any advice.

• March 26, 2008
I'm working through the "Creating On-Demand Applications:..." document. On page 174, there's an example of an Email Template. I want to do an email on Job Application, when an offer is extended. I'm trying to say to whom the offer has been made:

{!Job_Application__c.Candidate__r.FirstName__c}

does not work, but I see the value when I use SalesForce Explorer. I do get an email when I change the status of the Job Application, but there's no entry for the above. Even when I change it to {!Job_Application__c.Candidate__c.FirstName__c} expecting to get an error, it's blank. I

'm sure it's an obvious mistake, just too close to Thanksgiving.

tia,