• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a pick list on the Opportunity screen that has "General Error", "Custom Error". I have a related list in the same page called Custom Error.

Is it possible to customize in any way where you could convert the Custom Error picklist value to a hyperlink and it takes you to the Custom Error related list?

I'm quite new to Apex Triggers and I'm trying to get a solution for the below problem:

I have a parent object A and a child object B. There is a 1:many relationship between A and B. ie, A could have any number of Bs. I have a trigger to perform certain calculations whenever a new B is inserted or updated. What I'm trying to get is a SOQL within the trigger that will get me all B records that belong to parent A

SELECT age, Id, date_of_birth FROM B WHERE app_id = <id of parent object A. This exists as a master look up on object B in a field called app_id>

My question is how do we reference the id of A in the trigger to get all associated child records.

Any help is appreciated

I have a SOQL query in Apex that returns a set of records for an object

Here is my SOQL -

appl__c[] lines = [Select Occupation__c, a.Advisement_Name__c From appl__c a where a.id in (: sAppInfoIds) and a.Opportunity__r.Id =: sParentOppId];

The sAppInfoIds contains Ids in this format  a06R0000005pTpWIAU, a06R0000005pTpaIAE. Apparently SOQL doesnt like this and says the query retruned 0 rows. However if I explicitly replace sAppInfoIds with the above Ids in the query, it works fine.

Is there something I'm missing?

Any help is appreciated.

We are trying to implement a VF page that has a pageBlockTable with selectlist on each row. T

Once the use has made their selection, they click on OK and it takes them to a new VF page that outlines the selections they have made.

I'm trying to find out if there is any sample code  or documentation that demonstrates how we can store selection values specific to each row in a pageblock table.

Any help is appreciated.

Is there a way to control the size of a picklist? I have a value in one of my picklists that is quite long and when it gets displayed in the UI looks wierd because of the length.

Any help is appreciated.

Can anyone provide a link to sample code for email templates using a Visualforce page (for example, to display a list of opportunities created by a user?

For example,

Dear <User>

Here is the list of opportunites you created since <date>

Opportunity ID

Does anyone know of an example which provides sample code for cloning an opportunity with Apex?

I have an Apex class that does a  simple query

private List<Opportunity> opportunities; public List<Opportunity> getOpportunities() { opportunities= [Select o.Id, (Select Applicant_Type__c, First_Name__c, Last_Name__c From Members_Info__r) from Opportunity o where o.id='<opp_id>']; return opportunities; }

I'm using the results from this query in a VF page

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Info"> <apex:dataTable value="{!opportunities}" var="mbrinfo"> <apex:column headerValue="Opp Id"> <apex:outputText value="{!mbrinfo.Id}" /> </apex:column> <apex:column headerValue="First Name"> <apex:outputText value="{!mbrinfo.Members_Info__r.First_Name__c}" /> </apex:column> </apex:dataTable> </apex:pageBlockSection>

The display works fine for column Opp Id but always gives an error for mbrinfo.Members_Info__r.First_Name__c

First_Name__c is a custom field within the Members_Info__c object

The error I get is  - Error: Unknown property 'VisualforceArrayList.First_Name__c'

Does anyone know if I'm missing anything?

Any help is appreciated

How do we get lookup fields to be displayed on a visualforce page? For example if I need the

oppurtunity's owner and account name is there a way we can get this displayed as an output field?

I'm quite new to SFDC and trying to find if there is a way to query all products associated with an opportunity.

The scenario is I have an opportunity and two associated products. I'm trying to get these products in custom VF page.

Any help is appreciated!

We are trying to set a lookup value from our C# code. Here is the sample

account[0].Agent__r.FirstName = "Willy";

account[0].Agent__r.LastName = "Wonka";

The Agent__r is a lookup field in the Account screen which relates to a Contact object. We get an 'Object instance not set to an instance ' error everytime we run the application.

Is there a sample on how we can set lookup field values with DotNet?

Any help is appreciated.

Does anyone know how we can update a checkbox in Salesforce as 'checked'? We are using  C#.Net toupdate Salesforce data but unable to find the correct syntax for setting the checkbox value to checked

Any help is appreciated.

Is there a way to set a default value for a picklist in an Apex class? I'm using a custom controller for a VF page which appears to override the default value set.

We have a requirement to call an external web service when a record (custom object) is saved. (Standard Save button). We know triggers currenlty do not support external web service calls. Are there any ideas on how this could be implemented?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

We are creating a demo application that intergrates a Flex control into Salesforce. This process involves providing Salesforce user name and password within our Flex application code base Moving ahead is there a way we dont have to explicitly provide username and password within our Flex application code base?

Appreciate any feedback

I had posted a question before but hit on a snag. Below is the SOQL query I'm using (generated by the Schema Explorer)

Select l.Status__c, l.Quantity__c, l.Name, l.Literature_Item__r.Name,  l.CreatedDate, 1.CreatedBy.Name, l.CreatedById From Literature__c l

Literature__c is a custom object I have created. It has a lookup field Literature_Item which references another custom object Product_Master. When I run the above query I get the results I expect except that the Literature_Item__r.Name and CreatedBy.Name return an object (Product_Master__r, User). When I click on a particlar cell it takes me to the correct name of the literature item. Just to remind, I'm doing all this within the Schema Explorer. 

My question is - Is this the expected behavior of query results with relationships in the Schema Explorer?

Is there a way to specifically get the Literature_Item__r.Name or the User Name as a string instead of an object?

Results

I have a custom object called Literature__c that has a custom field called Literature Item. This field is set up as a look up field to a different custom object called Product_Master__c. I'm using a SOQL query to return Name from the Literature__c and Name from the look up object. Below is my sample SOQL

select name, literature_item__r.name from literature__c.

This returns the Name correctly from Literature__c but returns an object Product_Master__c  in the result set. I'm using the Schema Explorer to construct the query.

I'm new to SOQL and not sure if the above query is correct.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Is there a way to disable a picklist? ie not to allow users to change values on an insert?

I have a SOQL query in Apex that returns a set of records for an object

Here is my SOQL -

appl__c[] lines = [Select Occupation__c, a.Advisement_Name__c From appl__c a where a.id in (: sAppInfoIds) and a.Opportunity__r.Id =: sParentOppId];

The sAppInfoIds contains Ids in this format  a06R0000005pTpWIAU, a06R0000005pTpaIAE. Apparently SOQL doesnt like this and says the query retruned 0 rows. However if I explicitly replace sAppInfoIds with the above Ids in the query, it works fine.

Is there something I'm missing?

Any help is appreciated.

Does anyone know how we can update a checkbox in Salesforce as 'checked'? We are using  C#.Net toupdate Salesforce data but unable to find the correct syntax for setting the checkbox value to checked

Any help is appreciated.

Is there a way to set a default value for a picklist in an Apex class? I'm using a custom controller for a VF page which appears to override the default value set.

I have a custom object called Literature__c that has a custom field called Literature Item. This field is set up as a look up field to a different custom object called Product_Master__c. I'm using a SOQL query to return Name from the Literature__c and Name from the look up object. Below is my sample SOQL

select name, literature_item__r.name from literature__c.

This returns the Name correctly from Literature__c but returns an object Product_Master__c  in the result set. I'm using the Schema Explorer to construct the query.

I'm new to SOQL and not sure if the above query is correct.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I have a simple Datagrid in Flex:
Code:
<mx:DataGrid id="dg_sites" width="475" height="300" editable="false">
    <mx:columns>
     <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Id" dataField="Id" visible="false"/>
     <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Borough" dataField="Site__r.Borough__c"/>
     <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Name" width="200" dataField="Name"/>
     <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Available Slots" width="90" dataField="Available_Slots__c"/>
     <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Business Group" dataField="Business_Group_Site__c" visible="false"/>
    </mx:columns>
    </mx:DataGrid>

And a SoQL query that I use to populate it:
Select Start__c, Shift__c, Name, Id, End__c, Business_Group_Site__c, Available_Slots__c, Site__r.Borough__c From Site_Log__c WHERE Start__c > TODAY AND Shift__c = 'Day'

All of the columns populate correctly except the Site__r.Borough.  I've tried changing the dataField to just "Borough__c", but it still ends up blank.  The SoQL definitely returns values for that field.  Has anyone tried this, any ideas?