• 25 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm testing live chat on my sandbox environment. I've got the chat button up and running, and I can click on the button to open up the chat window. However, when I accept the case, either the account create page pops up or the contact create page pops up. I've implemented the live chat button in our customer portal, and when the live agent is invoked from there then I expect system to be smart enough to create a case from the portal contact, and directly brings the agent to the case creation screen, instead of trying to create the account or contact. Could you let me know how I can achieve this?
  • April 30, 2014

Hi,

I wanted to write test for my controller class for a visualforce page.  I have 2 command buttons that calls methods from my controller class.  How do go about writing the test to cover the commandbutton actions?

TIA!

• November 20, 2013

I'm overriding the create new article from case feature with custom fields per the following article: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=knowledge_caseclose_apex.htm&language=en_US

However, the article did not mention how to differentitae the article type in the class.  I tried to reference the article field in the class but it returned a null:

string ArticleType = (string)article.get('ArticleType')

Can you shed some light on how I can do this?

TIA

• November 06, 2013

I've got a beforeUpdate trigger on user that is supposed to do some work when the user is deactivated.  However the code seemed to not pass the below condition:

if (i.isactive == false)
{
   //do some work here
}

Shouldn't I be detecting for the Isactive field for this?  

TIA!

• November 05, 2013

Dear SF Dev Gurus

I wanted to automate echosign to send out e-signatures when the user saves a record. They provide a URL that I can customize. I know how to do this on a javascript button, but has anyone tried automate the button by doing some form of URL redirect, possibly from the trigger?

I've done something similar on a custom vf page by setting the the desired custom URL provided by the APEX class, but in this case I have a standard layout and don't really want to re-write the whole layout. Is there a way to override the standard layout wihtout re-writing the whole thing while being able to do the re-direct? Other Suggestions?

TIA!

• October 09, 2013

I was looking at the help page on calling a visualforce page from a list button: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_controller_sosc_custom_button.htm?SearchType=Stem

on section 2 there was a line of code that allows the selected values from the related list to be displayed on the pageblocktable on the visualforce page:
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!selected}" var="opp">

Is there any way to pass all records to the visuaforce page, without the user having to select anything. Something like the following:

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!ALL}" var="opp">

However I tried the above but it did not work.

• April 03, 2013

How do I resolve this issue? The services are running but I can't restart the machine all the time because this is a server. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

TIA 

Failed to login. 

; nested exception is: 
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out 

This error occurred when calling http://localhost:47008/axis/konga_aut... 

Please post the stack trace (click the button below) to the Jitterbit Support Forum. 

Client version: 5.0.3.8 
Server version: [Not connected] 
Client platform: Windows Server 2008 R2 - Java 1.7.0_07 

org.jitterbit.integration.client.server.IntegrationServerException: ; nested exception is: 

at org.jitterbit.integration.client.server.webservice.WebServiceConfiguration.throwException(WebServiceConfiguration.java:244) 
at org.jitterbit.integration.server.implementation.webservice.interchange.authenticate.impl.AuthenticateWsImpl.login(AuthenticateWsImpl.java:94) 
at org.jitterbit.integration.client.server.LoginServiceImpl.loginImpl(LoginServiceImpl.java:120) 
at org.jitterbit.integration.client.server.LoginServiceImpl.login(LoginServiceImpl.java:100) 
at org.jitterbit.integration.client.server.ui.login.LoginJob.runImpl(LoginJob.java:55) 
at org.jitterbit.application.ui.job.UiJob$2.run(UiJob.java:514) 
at org.jitterbit.application.worker.DefaultApplicationWorker$RunnableWrapper.run(DefaultApplicationWorker.java:202) 
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) 
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out 
at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:104) 
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:154) 
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32) 
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118) 
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83) 
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invokeTransport(AxisClient.java:150) 
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:289) 
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2838) 
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2824) 
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2501) 
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2424) 
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1835) 
at org.jitterbit.integration.server.implementation.webservice.interchange.authenticate.client.Konga_authenticateSoapBindingStub.loginWithVersionAndKeyValues(Konga_authenticateSoapBindingStub.java:282) 
at org.jitterbit.integration.server.implementation.webservice.interchange.authenticate.impl.AuthenticateWsImpl.login(AuthenticateWsImpl.java:74) 
... 11 more 
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method) 
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source) 
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source) 
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source) 
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readHeadersFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:583)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:143) 
... 23 more

• January 17, 2013

Does anyone know how to stop the InboundEmailHandler from sending a reply after it has finished its work?  I thought you can do something to the InboundEmailResult but I can't seem to get it to work.

TIA!

• December 07, 2012

Hi,

I've set up an email service, which is working as expected, except for the fact that my users are getting the reply message from the email service with the following message "Queued new Batch Job with ID xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" 

Could you kindly show me how to disable this reply message?

TIA!

• November 28, 2012

Hi,

I've developed APEX code to call an email service, which in turn calls a batch APEX job.  This works if I manually forward the email created by the APEX code to the service address. However I cannot see the batch job on the apex scheduler when the APEX code sends the email directly to the service address.  

I've tried messing around with the service address by adding my domain and removing it, and neither case worked.  I've also tried turning on and off the advanced security settings.

Any ideas? 

• November 08, 2012

Is it possible to set up a validation rule to prompt the user to udpate the contact's email address before he can save a case?

TIA.

• September 28, 2012

I've had issues with my users having mutiple service cloud consoles opened.  Whenever she makes an update on case status on console window A, the changes are not reflected on console window B, unless she clicks on refresh.  

She was on the list view on Console Window B, clicked on the case, and the case frame did not automatically refresh if the case is already opened on another tab.  

Is there a way to cause the page frame to refresh every time the user clicks on the case from the list view, regardless if it's opened on a tab or not?

I could probably write a javascript button for the case frame to reload but I want to save the user from having to do the extra click if possible.

• September 05, 2012

I've built a visualforce template in which I would like to send to customer portal users. However when I send the email out the merge fields from the custom object is all missing.  

Is it actually possible to send visualforce emails to customer portal users?

Thanks.

• August 28, 2012

Is there any way to do this? The only reason I want to do this because I cannot set CC's on an workflow email alert.

TIA!

• August 03, 2012

I'm overriding the create new article from case feature with custom fields per the following article: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=knowledge_caseclose_apex.htm&language=en_US

However, the article did not mention how to differentitae the article type in the class.  I tried to reference the article field in the class but it returned a null:

string ArticleType = (string)article.get('ArticleType')

Can you shed some light on how I can do this?

TIA

• November 06, 2013

We have implemented the live Agent functionality in Production. We have also our portal users for whome this chat functionality provided. Through portal home page , clients can initiate chat (chat button provided on portal). Also we have implemented the Prechat form in order to receive the data like Name, email, Account..

This is working fine but clients needs to fill out these details in Prechat form, which is not feasible since they are Portla users. So I am prepopulating these details like name, email in Pre chat form. Used prety simple code at VF (mentioned below) , this is working fine in Salesforce preview. However, when used on Portal , prechat form is not reflecting the correct Name , email in Pre chat form. In the name field this is reflecting Sitename and in email email this is using the by default site user email id.

We want when, every client logged in Portal and initiating the chat , in prechat form , Client name and email should be in user context....

Please let me know any workaround / solution how to resolve this.

I will really appreciate this ....

<apex:page showHeader="false" standardController="User" >

<script>
        function clickBtn()
        {
            var btnSubmit = document.getElementById('prechat_submit');
            btnSubmit.click();
        }
    </script>

<!-- This script takes the endpoint URL parameter passed from the deployment page and makes it the action for the form -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
        (function()
        {
            function handlePageLoad()
            {
                var endpointMatcher = new RegExp("[\\?\\&]endpoint=([^&#]*)");
                document.getElementById('prechatForm').setAttribute('action', decodeURIComponent(endpointMatcher.exec(document.location.search)[1]));
            }
            if (window.addEventListener)
            {
                window.addEventListener('load', handlePageLoad, false);
            }
            else
            {
                window.attachEvent('onload', handlePageLoad, false);
            }
        })();
    </script>

<h1>Pre-chat Form</h1>
    <form method='post' id='prechatForm'>

<style type="text/css">
            body {
                margin: 0 auto;
                padding: 0;
                font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, sans-serif;
                font-size: 12px;
                color: #737373;
                line-height: 16px;
            }                   

p {
                font-weight: bolder
            }

td {
            }

h1 {
            }

.btnClass {
            }

</style>

<!-- Creates an auto-query for a matching Contact record’s Email field based on the value of the liveagent.prechat:Email field -->   
        <table border="0" width="400px">
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <b>Name: </b>
                </td>
                <td>
                    <input type='text' size="40" name='liveagent.prechat:Name' id='prechat_field' value='{!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName}' />          
                </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <b>Email Address: </b>
                </td>
                <td>
                    <input type='text' size="40" name='liveagent.prechat:Email' width="500" value='{!$User.Email}' />
                </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <b>Property Name: </b>
                </td>
                <td>
                    <input type='text' size="40" name='liveagent.prechat:Account' value='{!getAccountName}' />
                </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td>

</td>
                <td align="center">
                    <input type='submit' value='Request Chat' id='prechat_submit' class="btnClass" />
                </td>
            </tr>
        </table>

<input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.query:Email" value="Contact,Contact.Email" />        

</form>

</apex:page>

Thanks alot !!!!

I've got a beforeUpdate trigger on user that is supposed to do some work when the user is deactivated.  However the code seemed to not pass the below condition:

if (i.isactive == false)
{
   //do some work here
}

Shouldn't I be detecting for the Isactive field for this?  

TIA!

• November 05, 2013

How do I resolve this issue? The services are running but I can't restart the machine all the time because this is a server. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

TIA 

Failed to login. 

; nested exception is: 

Please post the stack trace (click the button below) to the Jitterbit Support Forum. 

Client version: 5.0.3.8 
Server version: [Not connected] 
Client platform: Windows Server 2008 R2 - Java 1.7.0_07 

org.jitterbit.integration.client.server.IntegrationServerException: ; nested exception is: 

at org.jitterbit.integration.client.server.webservice.WebServiceConfiguration.throwException(WebServiceConfiguration.java:244) 
at org.jitterbit.integration.server.implementation.webservice.interchange.authenticate.impl.AuthenticateWsImpl.login(AuthenticateWsImpl.java:94) 
at org.jitterbit.integration.client.server.LoginServiceImpl.loginImpl(LoginServiceImpl.java:120) 
at org.jitterbit.integration.client.server.LoginServiceImpl.login(LoginServiceImpl.java:100) 
at org.jitterbit.integration.client.server.ui.login.LoginJob.runImpl(LoginJob.java:55) 
at org.jitterbit.application.ui.job.UiJob$2.run(UiJob.java:514) 
at org.jitterbit.application.worker.DefaultApplicationWorker$RunnableWrapper.run(DefaultApplicationWorker.java:202) 
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) 
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 
at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:104) 
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:154) 
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32) 
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118) 
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83) 
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invokeTransport(AxisClient.java:150) 
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:289) 
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2838) 
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2824) 
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2501) 
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2424) 
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1835) 
at org.jitterbit.integration.server.implementation.webservice.interchange.authenticate.client.Konga_authenticateSoapBindingStub.loginWithVersionAndKeyValues(Konga_authenticateSoapBindingStub.java:282) 
at org.jitterbit.integration.server.implementation.webservice.interchange.authenticate.impl.AuthenticateWsImpl.login(AuthenticateWsImpl.java:74) 
... 11 more 
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method) 
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source) 
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source) 
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readHeadersFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:583)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:143) 
... 23 more

• January 17, 2013

Hi,

I've developed APEX code to call an email service, which in turn calls a batch APEX job.  This works if I manually forward the email created by the APEX code to the service address. However I cannot see the batch job on the apex scheduler when the APEX code sends the email directly to the service address.  

I've tried messing around with the service address by adding my domain and removing it, and neither case worked.  I've also tried turning on and off the advanced security settings.

Any ideas? 

• November 08, 2012

Is it possible to set up a validation rule to prompt the user to udpate the contact's email address before he can save a case?

TIA.

• September 28, 2012

Is there any way to do this? The only reason I want to do this because I cannot set CC's on an workflow email alert.

TIA!

• August 03, 2012