• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to create a custom formula that takes the Case Owner Role and determines a geographical location of that Case Owner.   I've tried the following, but according to Salesforce Support, the $UserRole.Name is actually the current user, not the Case Owner.  Any help would be appreciated.

CASE ($UserRole.Name,"Product Support 1 (Denver)" ,"Denver",
"Product Support 2 (Denver)" ,"Denver",
"Ratings Product Support (Denver)" ,"Denver",
"Manager Client Services (Denver)" ,"Denver",
"Manager Product Support 1 (Denver)" ,"Denver",
"Manager Product Support 2 (Denver)" ,"Denver",
"Sales Inquiry (Denver)" ,"Denver",
"Manager Client Services - Europe" ,"London",
"Manager Product Support - Europe" ,"London",
"Product Support - Europe" ,"London",
"Support - Pacific" ,"Asia-Pacific",
"Support - Japan/Korea" ,"Asia-Pacific",
"Support - Asia" ,"Asia-Pacific","New York")
Hi,

I was wondering if you could help. My laptop needed re-installing and I copied my Outlook folder over to my new installation. Once re-installed I loaded up Outlook and there was a little message about Salesforce.com but I think that was because it wasn't installed. I then installed Salesforce for Outlook and it worked to start with and then it just stopped working. The salesforce toolbar has totally diappeared and I could only access it via a new message screen (composing a new e-mail). This toolbar has now disappeared. I have re-enabled the one disabled .dll that I found in Outlook's About box. Also, I have used that Intellisync and it all looks fine. When I click on start it says it has nothing to do, even though the last synchronisation was before my re-install. I am running Outllook 2003 using Exchange and XP.

Any ideas?

Thanks
I am trying to create a custom formula that takes the Case Owner Role and determines a geographical location of that Case Owner.   I've tried the following, but according to Salesforce Support, the $UserRole.Name is actually the current user, not the Case Owner.  Any help would be appreciated.

CASE ($UserRole.Name,"Product Support 1 (Denver)" ,"Denver",
"Product Support 2 (Denver)" ,"Denver",
"Ratings Product Support (Denver)" ,"Denver",
"Manager Client Services (Denver)" ,"Denver",
"Manager Product Support 1 (Denver)" ,"Denver",
"Manager Product Support 2 (Denver)" ,"Denver",
"Sales Inquiry (Denver)" ,"Denver",
"Manager Client Services - Europe" ,"London",
"Manager Product Support - Europe" ,"London",
"Product Support - Europe" ,"London",
"Support - Pacific" ,"Asia-Pacific",
"Support - Japan/Korea" ,"Asia-Pacific",
"Support - Asia" ,"Asia-Pacific","New York")