• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
HI There,

We need a way to run a workflow rule from a custom button. According to support there is a way to do this with an s-control.

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Thanks
We're implementing a data exchange integration with an outside vendor. We need a 4-digit agent ID number for each lead to auto-populate based on who owns that particular lead. I've assigned each user with a 4-digit number, but no matter what I try, I cannot get the Agent ID field to populate automatically on the lead page.

Can someone please provide me with some assistance?

Thanks in advance!

• October 10, 2007
hi,

I am working on a formula using CASE with AND.  Can this be done?  I tried searching the forums, but I can't make it search for AND :smileyindifferent:

Thanks!

B
  • June 12, 2007
Trying to use the sample formula of

IF( {!IsClosed} , ROUND({!ClosedDate} - {!CreatedDate}, 0) ,
ROUND((NOW() - {!CreatedDate}),0))

IF( {!IsClosed} , ROUND({!ClosedDate} - {!CreatedDate}, 0) ,
ROUND((NOW() - {!CreatedDate}),0))

But it doesn't seem to like andy of the field names.  I have not changed the name of any of these fields can someone help?
  • June 07, 2007
Hi,

I want to enforce that two fields are required based on the value of a picklist.

I have it working fine for one field but when I add the second field to the validation formula it makes no difference at all.

Here is the formula.I am using

AND( ISPICKVAL( Service_Type__c , "Ported") , LEN( Existing_Provider__c ) =0, LEN( Existing_Account_Number__c )=0 )

Using this will only enforce the required attribute be applied to the field "Existing_Provider_c". I can still save the record even if I have the field "Existing_Account_Number__c" empty.

Both fields are text so I hope I have assumed correctly that the LEN function is the correct way to go for both.

The AND function should only return true if ALL the conditions are met. In this case they are not met but the validation process seems to regard it as true.

Appreciate any thoughts where I may be going wrong.

Cheers

Mal
I'm doing an integration project for a client that is using Salesforce Professional Edition, and they don't have the budget to upgrade to Enterprise Edition. I need to download all leads and all users once per day. Common story, I'm sure.

I've been looking around, and so far, it looks like using VBA and the Excel Connector would work. Is this the right way to go?

Also, might anyone be able to help me get started by providing some links or information on using VBA and the Excel Connector?

Thanks for reading,
Derek
  • September 27, 2006