• 5 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, I need to do Platform Encryption and Field Audit Trail in some of my Standard and Custom fields. Can I use change set to deploy it another sandbox?

Thanks,
I would like to know on my sandbox if we have bought Salesforce shield licences, how can I do that ?
Thanks
with classic encryption in salesforce do we need keys to turn on? or is it just for platform/shield encryption?
  • January 24, 2018
I have enabled shield platform encryption in dev org. I have encrypted some of the standard fields like Account Name on Account Object and Email on Contact Object. The System Administrator does not have "View Encrypted Data" permission, but still I am able to see the actual values of those fields instead of getting masked values. How can I get masked values instead of original values.

Please help as i am new to salesforce
Hello,

I'm just wondering what's the best way to encrypt JSON data fields that come from an external system. I'm storing said JSON data in Long Text Areas in a custom object. 
Some say if you ecnrypt JSON fields some data clipping may occur - is this true?
Thanks.
Hello,           
     Is it required that same crypto key while encrypting and decrypting the text. i am getting error while decrypting the text which i have encrypted before saving in database.
Even after enabling Shield platform encryption for a field, say, Account Name, the Name of an account is shown in plain text.
View Encrypted Data permission has not been given to the user.
According to https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring17/release-notes/rn_security_pe_masking.htm encrypted fields will no longer be msked.
So is there any way, if the field value is getting encrypted or not?