• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am using the 4.0 SOAP API, with java 1.4.2_03

I have a Salesforce account that has approximately 60,000 records in it. I am using queryMore to pull the records 800 at a time. (I cannot increase this batch size due to the 10,000 character limit on queries.) When I get a batch of records back I do some processing and then ask for the next batch. This all goes swimmingly until my session times out after two hours. I get an invalid session exception and can't continue. I only get through about 30k records in this time frame. I can't start over, because I won't have any notion of where I've left off. Does anybody have a clever work-around for this?

TIA,
Nikki
I am using Java and the 4.0 partner API.

In writing dates to Salesforce it is a given that Salesforce expects times are GMT. Specifically, I am writing DueDateTime to an Activitiy. I need times to reflect as CST so I make some changes to the time portion before I send the data on to Salesforce. The datetime is sent to Salesforce as 2005-11-07T04:59:00Z. When I view the data in Salesforce the due date time is shown as 11/6/2005 10:59pm. The time has been correctly assumed GMT then rolled back to CST (GMT - 7hours), but the date also rolls back a day which I didn't anticipate.

Salesforce documentation states the following regarding the DueDateTime field for Activities: "This field is a regular Date/Time field with a relevant time portion. The time portion is always transferred in the GMT/UTC time zone. You need to translate the time portion to or from a local time zone for the user or the application, as appropriate." Because the doc says nothing about the date portion I am doing no client-side handling on dates.

Is the date portion of a date/time field rolling back anticipated behavior?

Message Edited by Nikki on 10-14-2004 01:20 PM

I just ran into this limit today, is it new?
-Nikki
I'm working on the Salesforce 4.0 Partner API coding with Java 1.4.2_03.

When I describe the Contact entity the ID field has a label 'Contact ID' a name 'Id'. I have built an application which several Salesforce clients use, and hence is dynamic in nature. The problem arises when I query a contact for the 'Contact ID' field. The field is returned labeled 'id'. The change in case prevents my application from recognizing that an id was found because it is looking for 'Id' and not 'id'. I can overcome this with code on the client side, but it is a lot of code and seems inconsistent to me.

Is there a reason for the difference in case for field names between a describe on an entity and a query on an entity?
Hello,
I'm using java and the 4.0 soap api. A describe on a case entity doesn't return all of the standard case fields. The user I'm logged in as is an admin, and the two of the missing fields are editable the other three are read-only. I'm short about 5 standard fields. All of the custom fields are shown, but not all of the standard fields. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Nikki
After some setup the following line throws an AxisFault that is really a java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset exception:

DescribeSObjectResult dr = binding.describeSObject("Account");

The same code works fine with other entities, Contact and Case to be exact. Is there something extra that needs to be done to describe the account entity? Oh, using Salesforce 3.0 API with java1.4.2_03
We are experiencing this issue on one of our servers for last couple of days.
When we run the same code on local machine it works fine but running the code on servers gives this exception:

note: the application was running fine for last couple of months and the exception started coming about a week back.

Logging
into salesforce.com...

INFO | jvm 1 | 2006/01/06 15:09:13 | 71300074
[TP-Processor2] WARN org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection -
The host www.salesforce.com:443 (or
proxy null:-1) did not accept the connection within timeout of 5000
milliseconds

INFO | jvm 1 | 2006/01/06 15:09:13 | 71300076
[TP-Processor2] ERROR SforceManager -
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection$ConnectionTimeoutException

INFO | jvm 1 | 2006/01/06 15:09:13 | 71300076
[TP-Processor2] DEBUG LoginAction - EXCEPTION CAUGHT!

INFO | jvm 1 | 2006/01/06 15:09:13 |
com.sforce.SForceException: ; nested exception is:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2006/01/06 15:09:13
| org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection$ConnectionTimeoutException

| at
com.sforce.SforceManager.login(SforceManager.java:157)

| at com.sforce.SforceManager.(SforceManager.java:81)

| at
com.sforce.struts.action.LoginAction.execute(LoginAction.java:110)

| at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Punit
I am using the 4.0 SOAP API, with java 1.4.2_03

I have a Salesforce account that has approximately 60,000 records in it. I am using queryMore to pull the records 800 at a time. (I cannot increase this batch size due to the 10,000 character limit on queries.) When I get a batch of records back I do some processing and then ask for the next batch. This all goes swimmingly until my session times out after two hours. I get an invalid session exception and can't continue. I only get through about 30k records in this time frame. I can't start over, because I won't have any notion of where I've left off. Does anybody have a clever work-around for this?

TIA,
Nikki
I am using Java and the 4.0 partner API.

In writing dates to Salesforce it is a given that Salesforce expects times are GMT. Specifically, I am writing DueDateTime to an Activitiy. I need times to reflect as CST so I make some changes to the time portion before I send the data on to Salesforce. The datetime is sent to Salesforce as 2005-11-07T04:59:00Z. When I view the data in Salesforce the due date time is shown as 11/6/2005 10:59pm. The time has been correctly assumed GMT then rolled back to CST (GMT - 7hours), but the date also rolls back a day which I didn't anticipate.

Salesforce documentation states the following regarding the DueDateTime field for Activities: "This field is a regular Date/Time field with a relevant time portion. The time portion is always transferred in the GMT/UTC time zone. You need to translate the time portion to or from a local time zone for the user or the application, as appropriate." Because the doc says nothing about the date portion I am doing no client-side handling on dates.

Is the date portion of a date/time field rolling back anticipated behavior?

Message Edited by Nikki on 10-14-2004 01:20 PM

Hey!

Is there a way to extend the sforce API to support "bundled" requests? It's taking so much time to query a describeSObject about every single existing object seperately. The huge SOAP overhead could be reduced dramatically minimizing time, and costs.

....for the API is really slow compared to others like UPS, where the business logic is much more complicated!

Cheers,

Sebastian

• October 14, 2004

I have noticed problems when running applications with different versions of java.exe.  I can only get my software to run properly using the jre binary in j2sdk1.4.2_03\jre\bin\java.exe: if I try to use j2sdk1.4.2_03\bin\java.exe, or any of the jdk5.0 binaries, the login creates a RemoteException which is either a NullPointerException or a javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException:  No trusted certificate found.  Is this a known bug?  I need to know what's going on here to control deployment on different systems.

regards

aj

I just ran into this limit today, is it new?
-Nikki
Hello,
I'm using java and the 4.0 soap api. A describe on a case entity doesn't return all of the standard case fields. The user I'm logged in as is an admin, and the two of the missing fields are editable the other three are read-only. I'm short about 5 standard fields. All of the custom fields are shown, but not all of the standard fields. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Nikki
After some setup the following line throws an AxisFault that is really a java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset exception:

DescribeSObjectResult dr = binding.describeSObject("Account");

The same code works fine with other entities, Contact and Case to be exact. Is there something extra that needs to be done to describe the account entity? Oh, using Salesforce 3.0 API with java1.4.2_03