• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The documents that I have been able to find regarding the SAML support released in Summer 08 does not indicate how it works with API logins. The guide that I am using indicates logging in with an HTTP Post to the Recipient URL. Is this only for user logins through the UI? What is the method for API logins. Is the SAML SOAP supported and is there any documentation or examples showing an API login?

Thanks,

Eric
  • June 20, 2008
First, let me say that I'm very grateful for the availability of tools for OS X. I actually find that I know prefer SoqlXplorer to Apex Explorer because of the way that it handles the results from relationship queries. However, I am running into a hang when I try to login to a clien't production instance of Salesforce. I'm able to login to test.salesforce.com from their location wthout issue. Also, when  I'm not onsite, I'm able to login to www.salesforce.com.It's only when I'm onsite, and using their proxy servers that I see a hang trying to login to www.salesforce.com.  I'm sure that it has something to do with their proxy server but I'm not seeing the issue when using the LexiLoader. Are there logs that I can look at to debug further?

• October 01, 2007
When I configure a proxy server in the Apex toolkit, it will work initially and then stop working. I have found that I need to periodically go to the project properties and deselect and select the "use proxy server" checkbox in order to make it work again.

Is there a workaround for this issue?
  • August 16, 2007
Is there an organizational wide limit on the number of triggers in a day or is this all handled by the "Execution Governors and Limits"  for the trigger? We're looking to add a trigger to all incoming leads and want to make sure that we don't exceed any defined limits.
  • July 27, 2007
For the Salesforce SOA announcement, http://weblog.infoworld.com/realworldsoa/archives/2007/05/salesforcecom_a.html, there is mention of calling out to internal Web Services. For the internal Web Services, do they need to be internet accesible, ie in a DMZ? I can imagine ways to bridge internal Web Services within an S-control but not on a trigger currently.
  • May 30, 2007
Is the AppExchange Data Loader 8.0 going to be released as open source? The last updated release on the SourceForge project page is version 7 released last February. Also, it appears that the samples contain some configuration to set up what appears to be a spring managed database connection. Is there documentation or plans for documenting this configuration?

I'm hoping that the answer is yes on both the questions since this release appears to have a lot of unsurfaced capabilities.
  • January 17, 2007
The documents that I have been able to find regarding the SAML support released in Summer 08 does not indicate how it works with API logins. The guide that I am using indicates logging in with an HTTP Post to the Recipient URL. Is this only for user logins through the UI? What is the method for API logins. Is the SAML SOAP supported and is there any documentation or examples showing an API login?

Thanks,

Eric
  • June 20, 2008
When I configure a proxy server in the Apex toolkit, it will work initially and then stop working. I have found that I need to periodically go to the project properties and deselect and select the "use proxy server" checkbox in order to make it work again.

Is there a workaround for this issue?
  • August 16, 2007
When I try and open or create an sControl I get the following message:

Error opening the editor.
Reason:
javax/xml/rpc/ServiceException

I'm using Eclipse 3.3.0 on Windows XP.  Can anyone help!?
Hi,

cti_developer_guide mentions that cti toolkit is available, which can be used to create customized CTI connector.

I couldn't find this. If any one has downloaded please provide the link.

Regards
Asing
  • March 24, 2007
Is the AppExchange Data Loader 8.0 going to be released as open source? The last updated release on the SourceForge project page is version 7 released last February. Also, it appears that the samples contain some configuration to set up what appears to be a spring managed database connection. Is there documentation or plans for documenting this configuration?

I'm hoping that the answer is yes on both the questions since this release appears to have a lot of unsurfaced capabilities.
  • January 17, 2007