• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Maxplore has a cutting edge Service Chain Management Solution on Salesforce’s Force.com platform. It is a deep CRM/ERP application – that is delivered through the “On Demand” SaaS (Software as a Service) model and is generating tremendous interest and traction in the market.

The Sales Engineer is responsible for presenting Maxplore’s product offering and architecture in the best light to prospects and customers, to evoke confidence in Maxplore’s product ServiceMax, and removing all technical objections in the sales cycle. This position will support the pre-sales efforts of Maxplore’s sales teams. This includes understanding the needs of businesses and translating those needs into a demonstration of Servicemax’s functional and technical capabilities. Due to the large volume of prospects and customers, this role requires an individual capable of successfully balancing a heavy workload.
Hi ,
I am trying to get a simple example for DispatchEvent working and I am having trouble.
Can someone help me figure out what I am doing wroing. Attaching a sample of the code.

<mx:Panel dataChange="setupPage()" xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute">
    <mx:Script>
        <![CDATA[
                    import flash.events.Event;
               private function setupPage():void {

//setting up a listener for the textarea component

ta.addEventListener("enableChanged",handleEnableChanged,true);    

//creating a custom event and dispatching         
                    ev=new Event("enableChanged");
                    dispatchEvent(ev);
                }
                private function handleEnableChanged(e:Event):void{
                         ta.text="handleEnableChanged called";
                }
        ]]>
    </mx:Script>

Hello,

Before I begin, thanks to everyone on this forum for being so helpful.

Our team is currently in the process of building several flex screens that integrate with salesforce.com. I have run into problems seperating the UI from the "business/db" logic portion

We have been able to get a few of our screens integrated into salesforce.com, but I don't like the fact that I have to place all the soql query logic , all the business logic on the front end piece of the code.

I wanted to build a class( databaseClass) that takes care of logging into salesforce.com and running all the queries and passing those values back to the mxml front end, but I have run into a lot of problems. I am attaching a sample of the code. I was wondering if someone could tell me or point to what I am doing wrong.

I know that on every mxml page, I have to include
<salesforce:Connection id="apex"/> and this works great, so I have created a Connection object in my class.

The  control doesn't break, but the apex object is always null.  Any help is appreciated.

Step 1: DB Class: DBAccess.as
     import mx.utils.ObjectProxy;
      import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
      import mx.logging.Log;
      import mx.utils.ObjectUtil;
      import mx.controls.Alert;    
    import com.salesforce.results.*;
    import com.salesforce.events.*;
      import com.salesforce.objects.*;
      import com.salesforce.*;

public class DBAccess
    {
        private var _data: Object;
        private var queryResult:QueryResult;
        private var apex:com.salesforce.Connection;      // salesforce.com Connection object    

public function DBAccess()
        {
        }
        public function login(server_url:String,session_id:String):String
        {
            var boolLogin:int=0;
            var lr:LoginRequest = new LoginRequest(    {    
            server_url : server_url,   
            session_id : session_id,
            username : 'username@domain.com',             // put your own info here to test standalone
            password : 'pwd',            // put your own info here to test standalone   
            callback : new AsyncResponder(function (result: Object):void
                {
                    boolLogin=1;
                } )
            } );

//Util.debug(this, 'apex.login ( ' +ObjectUtil.toString(lr) +'\n);' );   
            apex=new Connection();
            apex.login(lr);
            return boolLogin;
        }      
    }
Step 2: calling the class file
              var lr: DBAccess = new DBAccess();
              var vlogin:String=lr.login(this.parameters.server_url,this.parameters.session_id);
              ta.text=vlogin.toString();

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by agni.fire on 08-20-2007 01:06 AM

Hello,
I am relatively new to Adobe Flex toolkit and we are in process of building an appexchange product, but I need some help.

I have been able to create a flex binary file or .swf file and wrap it in an S-Control on a tab in salesforce.com.
What I need to know is how can I pass specific record information into flex.

Use case
My case page layout has an embedded flex control.

1. Select case tab
2. Select a specific case, say OOQ507373737
2. The flex control needs to know this record id or have it get the current record.
How can I do this ?

I am thinking that you can call out to a web-service from the flex control that will tell where it is or have the S-Control pass current record data into the flex control.
Please help or guide me in the right direction.
Thanks
Hello,
I am new to Apex programming. I am having some trouble getting some apex code running.

Environment;
Eclipse 3.3
Apex Toolkit : 8.0.2002
Apex version on my dev account : 8
Salesforce.com instance : NA3

I have been looking at some of the examples available through the reference manual. I can get the triggers and the S-controls to work. I can't get any of the samples involving class declaration to work. I get compile errors. This simple example doesn't work when I compile in eclipse. I created New Apex Package.
I removed the default automatic code ,

package test{

}
and replaced with .

// This class updated the Hello field on account records that are
// passed to it.

public class MyHelloWorld {
    public static void addHelloWorld(Account[] accs)
    {
        for (Account a:accs)
        {
            if (a.Hello__c != 'World')
            {
            a.Hello__c = 'World';
            }
        }
     }
}

I have tried to build this on salesforce.com apex editor and get the error
Error: Compile Error: expecting "package", found 'public' at line 3 column 1

Can anyone tell me if I have an older version of the apex version that uses the older style ( uses packages??, instead of classes) or what I need to do to get these examples working?

Thanks. Your time is appreciated.

Hello.  I have a client who uses Opps but does not need the Close Date field, and he doesn't want to require his users to click on the date link to insert today's date since they have enough required data entry fields as it is.

I've tried using both Workflow rules and Apex to populate the CloseDate field, but it looks like the web page's field validation occurs first and returns a required-field error to the user.

Is there any way to pre-empt the web page field validation?

Thanks
David
I have a custom object where I have to display Contact Hierarchy similar to the one shown on standatrd object 'Contacts' , field  Reports To.   [View Org Chart]

If anyone have any ideas, please let me know.
Thanks,

Prerana
Hello,

Before I begin, thanks to everyone on this forum for being so helpful.

Our team is currently in the process of building several flex screens that integrate with salesforce.com. I have run into problems seperating the UI from the "business/db" logic portion

We have been able to get a few of our screens integrated into salesforce.com, but I don't like the fact that I have to place all the soql query logic , all the business logic on the front end piece of the code.

I wanted to build a class( databaseClass) that takes care of logging into salesforce.com and running all the queries and passing those values back to the mxml front end, but I have run into a lot of problems. I am attaching a sample of the code. I was wondering if someone could tell me or point to what I am doing wrong.

I know that on every mxml page, I have to include
<salesforce:Connection id="apex"/> and this works great, so I have created a Connection object in my class.

The  control doesn't break, but the apex object is always null.  Any help is appreciated.

Step 1: DB Class: DBAccess.as
     import mx.utils.ObjectProxy;
      import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
      import mx.logging.Log;
      import mx.utils.ObjectUtil;
      import mx.controls.Alert;    
    import com.salesforce.results.*;
    import com.salesforce.events.*;
      import com.salesforce.objects.*;
      import com.salesforce.*;

public class DBAccess
    {
        private var _data: Object;
        private var queryResult:QueryResult;
        private var apex:com.salesforce.Connection;      // salesforce.com Connection object    

public function DBAccess()
        {
        }
        public function login(server_url:String,session_id:String):String
        {
            var boolLogin:int=0;
            var lr:LoginRequest = new LoginRequest(    {    
            server_url : server_url,   
            session_id : session_id,
            username : 'username@domain.com',             // put your own info here to test standalone
            password : 'pwd',            // put your own info here to test standalone   
            callback : new AsyncResponder(function (result: Object):void
                {
                    boolLogin=1;
                } )
            } );

//Util.debug(this, 'apex.login ( ' +ObjectUtil.toString(lr) +'\n);' );   
            apex=new Connection();
            apex.login(lr);
            return boolLogin;
        }      
    }
Step 2: calling the class file
              var lr: DBAccess = new DBAccess();
              var vlogin:String=lr.login(this.parameters.server_url,this.parameters.session_id);
              ta.text=vlogin.toString();

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by agni.fire on 08-20-2007 01:06 AM

Hello,
I am relatively new to Adobe Flex toolkit and we are in process of building an appexchange product, but I need some help.

I have been able to create a flex binary file or .swf file and wrap it in an S-Control on a tab in salesforce.com.
What I need to know is how can I pass specific record information into flex.

Use case
My case page layout has an embedded flex control.

1. Select case tab
2. Select a specific case, say OOQ507373737
2. The flex control needs to know this record id or have it get the current record.
How can I do this ?

I am thinking that you can call out to a web-service from the flex control that will tell where it is or have the S-Control pass current record data into the flex control.
Please help or guide me in the right direction.
Thanks
Hello,
I am new to Apex programming. I am having some trouble getting some apex code running.

Environment;
Eclipse 3.3
Apex Toolkit : 8.0.2002
Apex version on my dev account : 8
Salesforce.com instance : NA3

I have been looking at some of the examples available through the reference manual. I can get the triggers and the S-controls to work. I can't get any of the samples involving class declaration to work. I get compile errors. This simple example doesn't work when I compile in eclipse. I created New Apex Package.
I removed the default automatic code ,

package test{

}
and replaced with .

// This class updated the Hello field on account records that are
// passed to it.

public class MyHelloWorld {
    public static void addHelloWorld(Account[] accs)
    {
        for (Account a:accs)
        {
            if (a.Hello__c != 'World')
            {
            a.Hello__c = 'World';
            }
        }
     }
}

I have tried to build this on salesforce.com apex editor and get the error
Error: Compile Error: expecting "package", found 'public' at line 3 column 1

Can anyone tell me if I have an older version of the apex version that uses the older style ( uses packages??, instead of classes) or what I need to do to get these examples working?

Thanks. Your time is appreciated.