• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi guys,

This is the first trigger i am trying. I wanted to create a workflow or something by which i could populate a custom field in Account with some profile info from a field from the User Info page. It seems there is no way to get the user info for the person who created the record using workflow and triggers are the only choice.

So i have been reading up on it and trying to come up with a solution. I will post my attempts here, hopefully you guys can help me so that i can archive my goal and also learn about triggers.

trigger updateProfile on Account (after update)
{
      Account.Profile__c = User.Division;
}

Here i am trying to get the Division name for the user and input it into the custom field called Profile in the Account object. This is not working for me, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?

Thanks!
Hello guys,

I am trying to achieve the following, i am hoping someone can help me out.

I have created a custom field on my Accounts object called Group. Whenever someone creates a new account i want this field to be populated by the Division name of the user who is now the "Owner" of the Account. The Division name is in the users profile. I can do this with the "Created By' route, but cannot seem to find a way to do this with "Owner".

I was told i might need an S-Control to do this. Can someone pls help me with this?

Thanks!!

Message Edited by SFDC Dev Kallu on 12-05-2008 02:12 PM
Hello gurus,

I am trying to create a validation on a multi select picklist and was hoping to get some help. Here is the scenario:

I have a multi select picklist that will have three options. User can select one or all three. Depending on what the user select some fields will become required. I know how to do this in a regular pick list but not sure how to do it in a multi select picklist.

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,
KalluMama
Hello gurus,

I am trying to create a valiation on a multi select picklist and was hoping to get some help. Here is the scenario:

I have a multi select picklist that will have three options. User can select one or all three. Depending on what the user select some fields will become required. I know how to do this in a regular pick list but not sure how to do it in a multi select picklist.

Thanks,
KalluMama
Hello guys,

I am trying to create a report and was having some trouble getting it done and hoping i could get some assistance here. This is what our org looks like we have an opportunity object which relates to a custom object called Bid. The bid object has a couple of related lists called Assets, with multiple assets listed and contact role with multiple contacts listed.

I am trying to create a query that will bring in the bid along with all the related opportunity, asset and contact role data. So far what i have been able to do is get two tables, Bids with project and asset data AND Bids with contact role data.

If i try to merge the two i repeated rows for each bid item that has more than one asset or role.

How can get each Bid to display in one row and if there are multiple assets or roles they should appear in a new column.

Is this even possible?

Thanks,
SFDC Kallu
Hi guys,

This is the first trigger i am trying. I wanted to create a workflow or something by which i could populate a custom field in Account with some profile info from a field from the User Info page. It seems there is no way to get the user info for the person who created the record using workflow and triggers are the only choice.

So i have been reading up on it and trying to come up with a solution. I will post my attempts here, hopefully you guys can help me so that i can archive my goal and also learn about triggers.

trigger updateProfile on Account (after update)
{
      Account.Profile__c = User.Division;
}

Here i am trying to get the Division name for the user and input it into the custom field called Profile in the Account object. This is not working for me, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?

Thanks!
Hello guys,

I am trying to achieve the following, i am hoping someone can help me out.

I have created a custom field on my Accounts object called Group. Whenever someone creates a new account i want this field to be populated by the Division name of the user who is now the "Owner" of the Account. The Division name is in the users profile. I can do this with the "Created By' route, but cannot seem to find a way to do this with "Owner".

I was told i might need an S-Control to do this. Can someone pls help me with this?

Thanks!!

Message Edited by SFDC Dev Kallu on 12-05-2008 02:12 PM
Hello gurus,

I am trying to create a valiation on a multi select picklist and was hoping to get some help. Here is the scenario:

Thanks,
KalluMama