• 30 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello, i have a DE org and i want to enable Customer Portal self registration / login, i have followed all the wiki steps but i cannot register at the provided url.

Any clue ?

thanks.

Bruno

• July 03, 2009
Hi All,

I  registered for Force.com Site Free Edition. And I created one sample app. I am facing one issue while configuring Site for public access. I am not able to allow users of my customer portal for Login. When I clicked on Login Settings. It simply says , Login not Allowed.

Can anyone please tell me how to enable this option same as Developer Edition. ??

In developer edition we can enable login by going to Customize --> Customer Portal --> Settings.

But in Free Edition there is not Customer Portal Option.

One more help. As mentioned in docs  , The only difference between Free Edition and Developer Edition is we can deploy application on Free Edition , but not it Developer Edition.

Can anyone please tell me the  procedure to deploy the app on Free Edition  or please refer any doc,  so that I can learn it from there.

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur

Hi All,

I  registered for Force.com Site Free Edition. And I created one sample app. I am facing one issue while configuring Site for public access. I am not able to allow users of my customer portal for Login. When I clicked on Login Settings. It simply says , Login not Allowed.

Can anyone please tell me how to enable this option same as Developer Edition. ??

In developer edition we can enable login by going to Customize --> Customer Portal --> Settings.

But in Free Edition there is not Customer Portal Option.

One more help. As mentioned in docs  , The only difference between Free Edition and Developer Edition is we can deploy application on Free Edition , but not it Developer Edition.

Can anyone please tell me the  procedure to deploy the app on Free Edition  or please refer any doc,  so that I can learn it from there.

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur

Hi All,

I have developed one application on Developer Edition. Just now got the news that Force.com has enabled Free Editon to Host the Application for Free. 

Question :- Is there any way that the application developed on Developer Edition  can be access from Free Edition.

I am trying to Create unmanaged package from Developer Edition and installing it to Free Edition.I am getting the following error

Duplicate Name  : The Name "SiteRegisterConfirm "  is already used on Componant Type Visual Force Page : Please Rename existing componant

Same error I am getting for SiteLogin , ForgotPassword , Site Login Controller.

Error is valid , But while I creating the package , saveral componants like SiteLogin , SiteLoginController automatically added to my package componant.

I just want to host the application from Free Edition which is developed in Developer Edition

Any suggestion , Alternate ways  ??

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur

Hi All,

I explored various docs and came to know that Force.com has introduced one more facility to add

'From Address' to send Email ,Using setOrgWideEmailAddressId(ID) method of SingleEmailMessage Object.

But I Could not found any code how to use it. I am trying to set the OrgWideEmailAddressId  by fetching the ID from OrgWideEmailAddress Sobject Using SOQL.But It gives me  'Sobject OrgWideEmailAddress is Not Supported' Error.

When I am trying to run the same SOQL query on SystemLog it gives me the result.

I also read that we need to do some setting to use the OrgWideEmailAddress facility.

Please tell me with code and settings. How to enable the OrgWideEmailAddress Facility and also how to use it in Apex code.

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur

Hi All,

I have developed one apex code to send an Email for customer portal i.e. For my site. What I want is the sending of email through my application , I want to use one common email id. So Suppose user fills one form , After clicking on submit one mail should send to the currently logged in user by the application. So Its like I want to set the from address which is common for all the mails throught the system.

I dont have any idea where I can search for all the methods to send the mail. I have tried with mail.setFromAddress('emai_id') .It gives me error by saying that ' No Method or Signature found '.

Please do the needful.

Regards,

Brijesh Thakur

Message Edited by Brijesh_85 on 06-10-2009 06:58 AM

Hi All,

I felt one strange behaviour of VF page. I developed one VF page. I am using save button in it. It works fine.

When I am making this VF page public using Sites. The Page gets loaded without save button. In my VF page I have included one more button called Cancel. That I can see once the page gets load. But why I cant see the save buttion.

Code :

<apex: commandButton action="{!save}" value="Submit"/>
 <apex: commandButton action="{!cancel}" value="Cancel"/>

I gave all the possible(Visible/Read/Create) permissions to the custom objects in Profile and in SiteDetails section.

Thanks in Advance

Brijesh Thakur.

Hi All,

I feel one strange behaviour of VF page. I developed one VF page. I am using save button in it. It works

fine.

When I am making this VF page public using Sites. The Page gets loaded without save button.

In my VF page I have included one more button called Cancel. That I can see once the page gets load.

But why I cant see the save buttion.

Code :

<apex: commandButton action="{!save}" Value="Save" styleClass="btn"/>

<apex: commandButton action="{!cancel}" Value="Cancel" styleClass="btn" />

I gave all the possible(Visible/Read/Create) permissions to the custom objects in Profile and in SiteDetails section. 

Thanks in Advance

Brijesh Thakur.   

Hi All,

I am creating a visualforce page , inside it  I want to display the data based on the User Role.

I am using Standard Object User to create users. Now Once the page gets load I want to

display extra hyperlink to the User whose User Role is Administrator.

I am displaying the Welcome message to the all users to using {!User.FirstName}

But How can I solve the above problem.

One More query. How can I write SOQL query to join the Users & Profiles Object. I want to fetch the UserName from User whose Profile is System Administrator.

Regards,

Brijesh Thakur

Hi All,

I came to know that all application developed in Force.com are multitenant. But How can I achieve it practically.

For Example :-  I have developed one Application on Force.com. Now I want to sale it to multiple clients. How can I do authentication for different users of different organizations for my application.

1. How will my application can identify that the user has logged in is from ABC organization.

2. Where I can assign number of users of  the perticular Organization.

3. What if , I want different data for different Organization in same application.

I am clear about multitenancy. Please clerify with detailed answer of How One can achieve the multitenancy so that one application can be use by different oraganization with customizable UI.

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur 

Hi,

I am planning to develop one web application for my organization on force.com.

Before starting , I would like to know that my application will support multitenancy  by default or do I need to include something to enable this feature. 

Please provide detailed response. I am glad to develop application with multitenancy feature without implement anything :) :) :)

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur 

Hi All,

I want to fill the data in picklist by using query or want to fill the data from custom objects. how do I do??

And also in My Application there are two picklists. so based on the first selection I want to fill the second Picklist.

I know about "Field Dependency" option.But that is again Static. I want to fill it dynamically.

I want to do it By AJAX. Is it possible??

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur 

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me out about this error.

I am enabling the NewUser feature in my site. And while registering I am getting this error.I am also recieving

One Email by saying that  "accountId parameter value is not valid "

Message Edited by Brijesh_85 on 02-26-2009 03:58 AM

Hi All,

Yesterday, I accessed my salesforce application via URL, Which I configured it. And  was working fine.

Today Morning , I just started my machine , open browser and type the URL.

Suddenly, I am getting the error "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded ".

Can anyone please help me out

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur

Hi All,

I have developed one simple appication.which holds only one custom object.I have created one visualforce page.

On That page Using standardController I am calling that Custom Object.And in PageBlock   I am displaying records of that Custom Object.

I have configured properly to access the page from URL.But While I am accessing that page from URL.It is taking almost 3 to 4 minutes to load that page.

Question : Can anyone tell me why ?

Do I need to do some more settings to load the page fast. If yes please mention steps.

I have tried for three different pages.but the result is same.

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur

Hi All,

I am developing simple application,  in it there are two custom objects Employee & Department.

Now While inserting Department Details I am insterting Employee ID. which I want to refer from Employee Object and also wants to validate that Employee ID must have a reference in Employee Object.

Question :- I want to create relationship between two custom objects. i.e Employee & Department.

Can Anyone please help me out.

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur

Hi All,

I am a newbie to force.com.I want to access my Mileage Tracker Application without login as a Force.com developer.

I created "MileagePolicy" Site using Tutorial and access it from its URL. Now I want to access Mileage Tracker Application from its URL.

Error Says : Authentication Required. 

Questions :-

1. Do I need to create Login Page and add it with Mileage Tracker , if yes then How ??

2. How can I add users from Developer Editon Page. Is it necessary to have only  force.com user to 

access the page from URL.

3. On my Site Details Mileage Tracker page When I clicked on Login Settings. Its says that  "You can enable users to log in to an existing portal from your Force.com site."  How??

Can Anyone please Answer the Above question.

Thanks in Advance

Brijesh Thakur

Hi All,

I am enabling the NewUser feature in my site. And while registering I am getting this error.I am also recieving

Hello, i have a DE org and i want to enable Customer Portal self registration / login, i have followed all the wiki steps but i cannot register at the provided url.

Any clue ?

thanks.

Bruno

• July 03, 2009

Hi All,

I explored various docs and came to know that Force.com has introduced one more facility to add

'From Address' to send Email ,Using setOrgWideEmailAddressId(ID) method of SingleEmailMessage Object.

But I Could not found any code how to use it. I am trying to set the OrgWideEmailAddressId  by fetching the ID from OrgWideEmailAddress Sobject Using SOQL.But It gives me  'Sobject OrgWideEmailAddress is Not Supported' Error.

When I am trying to run the same SOQL query on SystemLog it gives me the result.

I also read that we need to do some setting to use the OrgWideEmailAddress facility.

Please tell me with code and settings. How to enable the OrgWideEmailAddress Facility and also how to use it in Apex code.

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur

Hi All,

I have developed one apex code to send an Email for customer portal i.e. For my site. What I want is the sending of email through my application , I want to use one common email id. So Suppose user fills one form , After clicking on submit one mail should send to the currently logged in user by the application. So Its like I want to set the from address which is common for all the mails throught the system.

I dont have any idea where I can search for all the methods to send the mail. I have tried with mail.setFromAddress('emai_id') .It gives me error by saying that ' No Method or Signature found '.

Please do the needful.

Regards,

Brijesh Thakur

Message Edited by Brijesh_85 on 06-10-2009 06:58 AM

Hi All,

I felt one strange behaviour of VF page. I developed one VF page. I am using save button in it. It works fine.

When I am making this VF page public using Sites. The Page gets loaded without save button. In my VF page I have included one more button called Cancel. That I can see once the page gets load. But why I cant see the save buttion.

Code :

<apex: commandButton action="{!save}" value="Submit"/>
 <apex: commandButton action="{!cancel}" value="Cancel"/>

Thanks in Advance

Brijesh Thakur.

Hi,

I am planning to develop one web application for my organization on force.com.

Before starting , I would like to know that my application will support multitenancy  by default or do I need to include something to enable this feature. 

Please provide detailed response. I am glad to develop application with multitenancy feature without implement anything :) :) :)

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur 

Hi All,

I want to fill the data in picklist by using query or want to fill the data from custom objects. how do I do??

And also in My Application there are two picklists. so based on the first selection I want to fill the second Picklist.

I know about "Field Dependency" option.But that is again Static. I want to fill it dynamically.

I want to do it By AJAX. Is it possible??

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur 

Hi All,

Hi All,

Yesterday, I accessed my salesforce application via URL, Which I configured it. And  was working fine.

Today Morning , I just started my machine , open browser and type the URL.

Suddenly, I am getting the error "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded ".

Can anyone please help me out

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur

Hi All,

I have developed one simple appication.which holds only one custom object.I have created one visualforce page.

On That page Using standardController I am calling that Custom Object.And in PageBlock   I am displaying records of that Custom Object.

I have configured properly to access the page from URL.But While I am accessing that page from URL.It is taking almost 3 to 4 minutes to load that page.

Question : Can anyone tell me why ?

Do I need to do some more settings to load the page fast. If yes please mention steps.

I have tried for three different pages.but the result is same.

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur

Hi All,

I am developing simple application,  in it there are two custom objects Employee & Department.

Now While inserting Department Details I am insterting Employee ID. which I want to refer from Employee Object and also wants to validate that Employee ID must have a reference in Employee Object.

Question :- I want to create relationship between two custom objects. i.e Employee & Department.

Can Anyone please help me out.

Thanks in Advance,

Brijesh Thakur