• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello All,

I would like to create a pop up form in Visualforce?  I am new to any development in Salesforce.  Can anyone assist me with how I would do that?  Is this the best tool to use to create this pop up form? 

Thanks,

Wendi

Hello All,

Please take a look at the email trail below... I have already created the Workflow Rule called "Activity for Pipeline Stage" designed to trigger the creation of a task when the Opportunity Stage changes. We would like to add the Opportunity Name, 'Previous Stage', and 'Current Stage to the Task 'Subject' field so it appears in the Activity History so we can capture it in reports.  Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Are you able to help me create the custom components necessary to accommodate the requirement?
  2. If so... what custom components would we need to build?

If you need additional clarifications on the requirements please let me know.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 1:05 PM
To: wendi_russiano@compaid.com
Subject: 02747050: A New Case Comment has been Added

Bruce Coe has added a new Case comment to your case 02747050: Workflow rule query.

Comment:
Hi Wendi - We are not able to show these Opportunity values on related Tasks in salesforce.com:
- Name of Oppty
- Stage it went from and to

The workflow rule actions that create Tasks don't allow Oppty field data to be included.

And I also tried to show those values by creating formula fields on Tasks, but they also cannot show the parent Oppty field values.

Your requested setup could be done using Apex code. Does your site manage and Apex code already? Our Developer Support group could advise you on it and for $600 we could write a piece of code for you.

Drop me a line to let me know if you'd like to pursue the Apex code option.

Thanks,
Bruce Coe
salesforce.com Premier Support

You can also respond by leaving your own comment in the Salesforce.com application by clicking on the 'Help and Training' link in the upper right hand corner. From there, click on the 'My Cases' tab and then click 'My Open Cases.' Click on the case number 02747050 to view your options.

Message Edited by whiskeylabs on 07-01-2009 05:23 PM
The "Related To" field on activities is grayed out when the activity is associated with a lead because of what occurs at lead conversion. Specifically, when a lead is converted the related activities are re-parented to the Contact and the Opportunity which are created by the conversion process. Essentially, the "Related To" field is grayed out because it is 'reserved' for the Opportunity which will be created on conversion of the lead. If users were allowed to populate this field, the entered value would simply be overwritten by the opportunity at lead conversion.

Unfortunately there is not currently an option to create custom fields of type Lookup or Master-Detail on Activities, so you will not be able to create a custom lookup from activities to campaigns.

It may be possible to achieve the desired results using custom code, such as a visualforce component or custom s-control, to simulate a lookup relationship on activities, and an additional visualforce component or s-control on Campaigns to display the activities which were linked via this method. 

Please be advised that the development of custom code is beyond the scope of Salesforce Support. Additional information on developing custom code is available at success.salesforce.com and salesforce.com/developer. Alternately, you can contact your Salesforce Account Executive to discuss having this type of custom code built for you by Professional Services or as part of the Force.com Extensions program.

If you would like to see the ability to associate activities with Leads and Campaigns made available in a future release, I encourage you to visit http://ideas.salesforce.com to promote the existing feature request for "Associate a Task with a Lead AND a Campaign" which can be viewed at http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/23768

Hello All,

I would like to create a pop up form in Visualforce?  I am new to any development in Salesforce.  Can anyone assist me with how I would do that?  Is this the best tool to use to create this pop up form? 

Thanks,

Wendi

I have found a consultant. Thank you.

Original message:

I have a small project (I believe some APEX coding is required) that should not take more than a couple hours to complete. I am looking within a budget - I need someone that is priced $20-$25/hour.

Although this is a smaller project, if you provide what we need at that rate, I would have larger projects in the future. Please contact me if you are within this rate and have experience working with APEX and are interested in becoming a contracted consultant for our project needs. Thank you,

Valerie Thompson
vthompson@bcinsourcing.com

Message Edited by miss v on 05-27-2009 08:17 AM
The "Related To" field on activities is grayed out when the activity is associated with a lead because of what occurs at lead conversion. Specifically, when a lead is converted the related activities are re-parented to the Contact and the Opportunity which are created by the conversion process. Essentially, the "Related To" field is grayed out because it is 'reserved' for the Opportunity which will be created on conversion of the lead. If users were allowed to populate this field, the entered value would simply be overwritten by the opportunity at lead conversion.

Unfortunately there is not currently an option to create custom fields of type Lookup or Master-Detail on Activities, so you will not be able to create a custom lookup from activities to campaigns.

It may be possible to achieve the desired results using custom code, such as a visualforce component or custom s-control, to simulate a lookup relationship on activities, and an additional visualforce component or s-control on Campaigns to display the activities which were linked via this method. 

Please be advised that the development of custom code is beyond the scope of Salesforce Support. Additional information on developing custom code is available at success.salesforce.com and salesforce.com/developer. Alternately, you can contact your Salesforce Account Executive to discuss having this type of custom code built for you by Professional Services or as part of the Force.com Extensions program.

If you would like to see the ability to associate activities with Leads and Campaigns made available in a future release, I encourage you to visit http://ideas.salesforce.com to promote the existing feature request for "Associate a Task with a Lead AND a Campaign" which can be viewed at http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/23768