• RVP, CSG
  • Salesforce.com

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I understand that FeedItem insert triggers don't run for changes to the user status, aka FeedItem. However while playing around with triggers on FeedItem I am noticing some variances in the general behavior.

When posting status changes on my own status:
1. TextPost (update my own status) - trigger does not fire, as expected
2. ContentPost on my own status (post a document on my own status) - trigger actually does file, I was not expecting this
3. LinkPost on my own status (post a link on my own status) - again trigger fires, I was not expecting this

I can deal with the 2 & 3 about if this is expected, but here is the wierd part:

If I go to Chatter Files and click "Upload Files", after seeing #2 above fire the trigger, I was expecting this one to fire as well, however it DOES NOT.

In addition I know that triggers currently do not fire or "likes". Does anyone know if this is on the roadmap.

I am having an issue with this challenge as well, I am doing everything it asks and don't see what I'm doing wrong.  The instructions are:
Dataset: DTC Opportunity
Add Group: Close Date (Year-Month)
Add Group: Forecast Category
Change Measure: Count of Rows to Sum of #
Filter by: Closed Equals False
Chart Type: Timeline
Lens Name: Sales Pipeline Overview

I double checked I am saving to My Exploration and copy and pasted the title exactly from the instructions.  HELP!

User-added image
========SECTION==========================================
TRAILHEAD: Develop for Lightning Experience  =>
Build Flexible Apps with Visualforce Pages and Lightning Components =>
Use a Visualforce Page as a Component in a Lightning Page 

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/lex_dev/projects/workshop-lightning-programmatic/steps/programmatic-step-3
=========================================================
CHALLENGE ERROR: 
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find a method named 'getIsClassic' in 'GetPropertiesApexController'. Check your code and try again.

The Lesson directives are clear, and everything works but the error persists on the challenge… I continued onto the next unit andeverything works… Except I get this error in the challenge… Note that this exercise was done on a brand new org.

It looks like a bug but hard to tell… Any work arounds?

Is there a way to execute a trigger when a post is liked?  

Feedlike is restricted but we looked at the FeedCount in feeditem.

Created an after update trigger on FeedItem that tests for a Likecount >0.

I could be doing something wrong but it doesn't appear that updating the LikeCount causes the trigger to fire.

trigger FeedItem_Update_Payable_Status on FeedItem (after insert,after update) {

for (FeedItem FI : trigger.new)
{
if (FI.LikeCount != 0)
{

Action required goes here

}

Larry

I need a SOQL query that will retrieve a result set similar to what you get in the Notes And Attachments section of an Account. This list includes not only all Notes And Attachments with the Account itself as the parent, but also for all Cases, Opportunities and/or Contacts related to the Account. With the NoteAndAttachment entity not queryable directly, and with no UNION clause available, I don't even know where to begin writing a single all-includive query.

Curious to know if we can use the dataloader to import a chatter attachment?

1. We 1st import 1000 contacts

2. We then use the salesforce id and upload the associated document to a chatter message.

We do it with regular attachments but need to use Chatter for this use case.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

As checked on the Help & Training on Chatter,  Salesforce Chatter is not supported by using Microsoft® Internet Explorer version 6.0. I would like to seek your advice does Salesforce Chatter support for Internet Explorer version 7.0 ?

Thank You.

• August 18, 2010
Hi All,

Our group is relatively new to Salesforce, which we're using for our Tier 1 Call Centers.  We've quickly come across some limitations in 'counting' records when running reports.  I've seen other posts mentioning that it wasn't (easily) possible to get the percentages of total counts in a report, but after seeing the new PARENTGROUPVAL introduced in Spring 09, I gave it a go:

In a report, create a new Custom Summary Formula:

RowCount / PARENTGROUPVAL(RowCount, GRAND_SUMMARY)

FYI - At the "Where will this formula be displayed?" section, PARENTGROUPVAL is only available at the "Grouping 1" level (not at the 'all summary' or 'grand summary' levels), which makes sense.

I haven't seen much of anything else mentioned about PARENTGROUPVAL just yet, but I'm curious if anyone else has found easier ways to calculate similar percentages, with our without this function.

Cheers!

Mark
Message Edited by Mr Sling on 02-25-2009 03:04 PM