• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

In some of the standard objects, when using a lookup you can have the option to create a New record if the record you're trying to lookup doesn't exist yet.

How can I replicate this functionality with custom objects? I've introduce an Address object, and want to be able to lookup addresses for customers (as the same address can be used multiple times). If the address doesn't exist yet, I'd like to be able to add a new address record without having to go around the houses to do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

David

Hi,

I'm trying to solve a problem where I'd like to be able to record things that took place during a sales call. The scenario is that a sales rep has visited a customer and during the course of the call has left an item with them. I'd like to be able to record that the object has been left. What's the best way to do this in SF.com?

In other systems I've used I would have a section on the call screen to select any products and qty that were left behind.

My current thoughts are:

- Create the custom object to lookup a product and enter the qty. Link this object to the task object so that when creating the call, you add the items that were left behind along with the quantity.

- The problem with this is that there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to link the custom object to the call

- Create the custom object as above, but link it to the account. After the call is recorded, the user can add each item that was left behind from the account. 

- I've managed to implement this, but it feels like there should be a link to the call in some way.

Any advice from experienced devs out there on the best way to do this in SF.com?

Thanks in advance,

David.

Hi,

I'm trying to solve a problem where I'd like to be able to record things that took place during a sales call. The scenario is that a sales rep has visited a customer and during the course of the call has left an item with them. I'd like to be able to record that the object has been left. What's the best way to do this in SF.com?

In other systems I've used I would have a section on the call screen to select any products and qty that were left behind.

My current thoughts are:

- Create the custom object to lookup a product and enter the qty. Link this object to the task object so that when creating the call, you add the items that were left behind along with the quantity.

- The problem with this is that there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to link the custom object to the call

- Create the custom object as above, but link it to the account. After the call is recorded, the user can add each item that was left behind from the account. 

- I've managed to implement this, but it feels like there should be a link to the call in some way.

Any advice from experienced devs out there on the best way to do this in SF.com?

Thanks in advance,

David.

I have a hunch I'm missing something obvious, but I've finished making a flow, set as start location, saved it to make sure there were no warnings, then clicked "run" and I get:

Insufficient Privileges

You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. 

Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

*Note:  I'm using the cloud Flow Designer. I use a mac, so I can't even try the locally run version