• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Everyone,

Im working Google Contact Sync app, and is currently working on a utility apex function that will fetch a specific google contact given an email address or a list of email addresses.

However, there are two major pain points for this:

1. the full text query search query parameter is not working, which leads to...

2. The only option is to retrieve all contacts and then search on this result set. However, a major problem is encountered that even if the feed only contains 20 contacts, the script statement limit(200,000) is reached. 

Some metrics:

2 google contacts in feed  = 3400+ statements

10 contacts = 21000 statements

can somebody help me, help will be greatly appreciated.

Is it possible to create a Custom Settings object in the IDE?  I have the metadata file for a custom settings object, but when I paste in the XML and try to save it, I get an error "cannot change Custom Settings Type"

thanks

david

I'm having a hard time writing a test method for a custom object that has Formula Fields on them that are being used in the methods I am trying to cover.

When I debug the fields in the test method they are coming up as null, but, if I query the record it shows those fields as being updated correctly.

Where I run into a problem is when I have nested formula fields and then pass the final record I want tested to the method via a trigger.  The field that starts at the top level of the hierarchy hasn't made it all of the way to the final record.

Is there something I'm missing or do I need to query each and every object before associating it to the next in the hierarchy?  The final record doesn't have a direct reference to the fields in question but the class queries them based on a set criteria.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!