• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

We have had a managed package for a couple of years that works alongside an external app which does remote depoyments using the Metadata API. Specifically the external app creates custom fields in 2 custom objects of the package.

These two custom objects are in a Master-Details relationship, and the OWD are Public Read/Write for the master one, and Controlled By Parent on the detail/child one.

The remote deplyments via the Metadata API use the File deployment, and in the XML for the detail/child object we always included the XML:
<sharingModel>ControlledByParent</sharingModel>

In the last couple of weeks this has been causing the remote deployments via the Metadata API to fail with the following message:
Cannot set sharingModel to ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship field

It looks that something has changed in the way the Metadata API works. Could somebody shed some light into it ?

Thanks
Fernando

• September 15, 2014
Hello,

After following the below steps and clicking save, the action "send an email" in the Publisher section doesn't show in the case feed of one of the support process. Any suggestions? Thanks

From Setup, click Customize | Cases | Page Layouts.
How you access the Case Feed Settings page depends on what kind of page layout you’re working with.

For a layout in the Case Page Layouts section, click Edit, and then click Feed View in the page layout editor.
For a layout in the Page Layouts for Case Feed Users section, click  [Case feed layout expand button]  and choose  Edit feed view. (This section appears only for organizations created before Spring ’14.)

Select Use Page Layout Editor to Configure Actions.
Click Save.
To access the page layout editor:

For a layout in the Case Page Layouts section, click Edit.
For a layout in the Page Layouts for Case Feed Users section, click  [Case feed layout expand button]  and choose Edit detail view. (This section appears only for organizations created before Spring ’14.)

In the page layout editor, click  [page layout editor change tool]  in the Actions in the Publisher section.
In the palette, click Actions.
Drag the actions you want to the Actions in the Publisher section. You can also drag actions to change the order in which they appear, and can drag off actions you don’t want. 
On the Case Feed page, up to approximately five or six actions are displayed in the publisher; the rest are included in the More drop-down list.
Click Save.

Hi All,

We have had a managed package for a couple of years that works alongside an external app which does remote depoyments using the Metadata API. Specifically the external app creates custom fields in 2 custom objects of the package.

These two custom objects are in a Master-Details relationship, and the OWD are Public Read/Write for the master one, and Controlled By Parent on the detail/child one.

The remote deplyments via the Metadata API use the File deployment, and in the XML for the detail/child object we always included the XML:
<sharingModel>ControlledByParent</sharingModel>

In the last couple of weeks this has been causing the remote deployments via the Metadata API to fail with the following message:
Cannot set sharingModel to ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship field

It looks that something has changed in the way the Metadata API works. Could somebody shed some light into it ?

Thanks
Fernando

• September 15, 2014
Hello,

I can't figure out what the problem is.  What's weird is that I've successfully created my schema in my sandbox environment with no issues.  I attempted to deploy my custom objects just now, and i recieved a similar looking error.

Service_Repair_Line_Item__c.Product_Repair_Line_Item__c Custom Field 65 13 maximum depth of master-detail relationship exceeded
Service_Repair_Line_Item__c Custom Object   Cannot set ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship field

I've included a screen shot of the schema I've created at the bottom of this post.  I count only 5 chained master-detail relationships: Accounts->Contact->Service Order->Product Repair Line Item->Service Repair Line Item.  Elsewhere on this forum (https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000h1QXAAY), i've seen some references to the fact that 5 is the maximum depth of a Master-Detail relationship, so it would appear I am within that limit  I don't understand why its complaining during the production deployment but isn't complaining in my sandbox.  I also don't understand why it complaining about just the Service Repair Line Item, because there are 3 other sibling objects that live at the same depth.  Is it possible that there is a different limit in the sandbox than there is in the production environment?

Object Schema

Hello

Below are  the results of the failed deployment validations.  in the first one the column does exist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lawrence

API NameTypeLineColumnProblem

Book_of_BusinessApex Class3347No such column 'Asset_Total__c' on entity 'Product_Detail__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
TestBookofBusinessControllerApex Class3236Invalid type: Book_of_Business
DD_BOBVisualforce Page  Apex class 'Book_of_Business' does not exist
Book_of_Business__cCustom Object Definition  dd_bob does not exist or is not a valid override for action Accept.
Product_Detail__cCustom Object Definition  Cannot set ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship field

• October 25, 2012

I am trying to deploy a few custom objects using the Change Sets tool. The objects I am trying to deploy are related lists and are child records of the standard account object. When deploying my Change Set containing these three objects, I get the following errors - Cannot set ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• June 07, 2010