• 10 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I had a great experience where I created many visualforce pages, components and classes.

Now I want other salesforce to use those and I understand that the best way would be to create a managed package with test cases and then upload to app exchange.

But I don't want to create test cases because only my friend and some other developers will be using this package. I can directly communicate with them. solve error directly or help them with setup.

Is there any way I can bundle my code together, actions, classes, components and VF pages and send a link of github repo or some link where they can download and install my created package and get all the items in one go.

I want something that is just a little more handy than writing test cases, going through security review and then creating a managed package and uploading in app exchange.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I wanted to create a button in the leads search view, what I found was a way to create a custom text field with formula HYPERLINK to open a visualforce page and then IMAGE function inside to show the image as button.

The problem I have is HYPERLINK or other functions will open into another page or will atleast reload the current page.

Requirements that I had to consider :
1. create a button for each row of leads in custom view or any view that on click calls our external api to do some task.

2. The page should not reload or redirect to some other page

3. It should be like point and click and done.

Since the above solution cannot work(I think), now I am thinking of creating a drop down field with a trigger to call api on field update.

If you can guide me how can I solve these requirements it will be of great help.If my first solution is not possible, please do provide alternatives that can be used in this case.

My biggest problem is I have never seen an salesforce app in production or used salesforce for a company or have any idea how pros do it. I wish there was some standards like I know I am creating hacks and tricks but is there a right way(developer standard) to do this.
I had a great experience where I created many visualforce pages, components and classes.

Now I want other salesforce to use those and I understand that the best way would be to create a managed package with test cases and then upload to app exchange.

But I don't want to create test cases because only my friend and some other developers will be using this package. I can directly communicate with them. solve error directly or help them with setup.

Is there any way I can bundle my code together, actions, classes, components and VF pages and send a link of github repo or some link where they can download and install my created package and get all the items in one go.

I want something that is just a little more handy than writing test cases, going through security review and then creating a managed package and uploading in app exchange.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I wanted to create a button in the leads search view, what I found was a way to create a custom text field with formula HYPERLINK to open a visualforce page and then IMAGE function inside to show the image as button.

The problem I have is HYPERLINK or other functions will open into another page or will atleast reload the current page.

Requirements that I had to consider :
1. create a button for each row of leads in custom view or any view that on click calls our external api to do some task.

2. The page should not reload or redirect to some other page

3. It should be like point and click and done.

Since the above solution cannot work(I think), now I am thinking of creating a drop down field with a trigger to call api on field update.

If you can guide me how can I solve these requirements it will be of great help.If my first solution is not possible, please do provide alternatives that can be used in this case.

My biggest problem is I have never seen an salesforce app in production or used salesforce for a company or have any idea how pros do it. I wish there was some standards like I know I am creating hacks and tricks but is there a right way(developer standard) to do this.

In my application, there is one component named cash account which is displaying data properly on salesforce & when i try to print the same component on page as PDF format then it shows me following error so please tell me what to so for this ???

An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com! 

Error ID: 1433747999-1629 (-95108586)