• 25 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We're evaluating Crystal Reports and CrystalReports.com for generating reports from SF objects. I have properly installed CrystalReports.com within SF. I've downloaded and installed (separately) both CR XI (with SF Driver 3.0) and 2008 (without driver per CR's tech support) for developing reports.

When I attempt to Create New Connection/Salesforce.com, a pop-up window appears pointed to www.salesforce.com and prompting for my SF userID and password. I have several valid SF accounts. No matter which account I try, CR returns a "Login error: invalid UserID or Password."

After two hours waiting to talk to a CR tech support person, they had virtually nothing useful to say ... basically they told me to get an SAP/BO tech support account which requires submitting an application. Their forums were impossible to navigate. CR looks like a great solution, but I'm underwhelmed with their tech support.

Is anyone using CR XI or 2008 to access SF objects? If so, any suggestions/advice re: connecting to SF?

Thanks,

Mark

I had been trying to figure out how to get Chatter notifications when a new case comment is added to no avail until the following solution dawned on me. Feel free to use it, share it, etc.

"Case Comment Chatter-er"
  1. Create a field on your case page titled "Last Case Comment Date/Time" of type "Date/Time". Don't add it to your page layouts so it is basically hidden.
  2. Create workflow rule named something useful such as "Note Last Case Comment Date/Time"
  3. Object: Case Comment
  4. Evaluation Criterea: When a record is created, or when a record is edited...
  5. Rule Criterea: "Case Comment: Body not equal to null
  6. Create field update on the Case Comment object that set the value to "NOW()"
Basically, whenever a case comment is added - this workflow will trigger and set the Case field "Last Case Comment Date/Time" to the current time. You can now follow this field in your Chatter configuration and get alerts whenever a comment is added!

Sweet.

Thanks,
Josh Lipton
Advantix Solutions Group

Any help on this would be appreciated...

We have developed some code (C#) that utilizes the API to associate a new ContactId to a case which already exists in our Salesforce instance.

The following is the debug information from SF (snippet) of the specific workflow that correctly DOES NOT trigger when I saved in the browser but DOES trigger when the save is made in the API.

DEBUG LANGUAGE (snippet) WHEN SAVE MADE FROM API - changing contact was not a triggering update, so we're guessing it somehow thinks this was freshly created as a case - even though it already existed
-------------------------------------------------
Rule Name: Client - BB Activation
Trigger type: ON_CREATE_OR_TRIGGERING_UPDATE
Evaluating Workflow Entry Criteria:
[Case : Case Record Type equals 1-ADMIN-Activation (New Equipment)]
AND [Account : Account Name equals XXXXXX Energy]
AND [Case : New Equipment Phone Number not equal to null]
AND [Case : Equipment Type equals PDA - Other, PDA - Windows Mobile, Blackberry, PDA - Palm]
AND [Case : Date/Time Opened greater than Fri Jun 08 05:00:00 GMT 2007]
Value found: 012300000004rrP
Value found: XXXXXX Energy
Value found: (512) 555-1212
Value found: 2
Value found: 2008-09-09 19:14:19
Criteria evaluates to true
[Case: 00073545 500S0000000nW9A]

DEBUG LANGUAGE (snippet) WHEN SAVE MADE FROM BROWSER - as you can see, it did not execute because there was no triggering update or create
-------------------------------------------------
Rule Name: Client - BB Activation
Trigger type: ON_CREATE_OR_TRIGGERING_UPDATE
Evaluating Workflow Entry Criteria:
Rule not evaluated
[Case: 00073545 500S0000000nW9A]

Thanks!
Josh
I had been trying to figure out how to get Chatter notifications when a new case comment is added to no avail until the following solution dawned on me. Feel free to use it, share it, etc.

"Case Comment Chatter-er"
  1. Create a field on your case page titled "Last Case Comment Date/Time" of type "Date/Time". Don't add it to your page layouts so it is basically hidden.
  2. Create workflow rule named something useful such as "Note Last Case Comment Date/Time"
  3. Object: Case Comment
  4. Evaluation Criterea: When a record is created, or when a record is edited...
  5. Rule Criterea: "Case Comment: Body not equal to null
  6. Create field update on the Case Comment object that set the value to "NOW()"
Basically, whenever a case comment is added - this workflow will trigger and set the Case field "Last Case Comment Date/Time" to the current time. You can now follow this field in your Chatter configuration and get alerts whenever a comment is added!

Sweet.

Thanks,
Josh Lipton
Advantix Solutions Group

We're evaluating Crystal Reports and CrystalReports.com for generating reports from SF objects. I have properly installed CrystalReports.com within SF. I've downloaded and installed (separately) both CR XI (with SF Driver 3.0) and 2008 (without driver per CR's tech support) for developing reports.

When I attempt to Create New Connection/Salesforce.com, a pop-up window appears pointed to www.salesforce.com and prompting for my SF userID and password. I have several valid SF accounts. No matter which account I try, CR returns a "Login error: invalid UserID or Password."

After two hours waiting to talk to a CR tech support person, they had virtually nothing useful to say ... basically they told me to get an SAP/BO tech support account which requires submitting an application. Their forums were impossible to navigate. CR looks like a great solution, but I'm underwhelmed with their tech support.

Is anyone using CR XI or 2008 to access SF objects? If so, any suggestions/advice re: connecting to SF?

Thanks,

Mark