• 25 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a rule created to utilize the priorvalue of a date field that does not trigger the field update as desired.  To push the field update check box for a new purchasing customer I have used

ISNULL(PRIORVALUE(OL_Last_Purchase__c))

after 30 days I am using this workflow rule to set the new customer field to blank

PRIORVALUE( OL_Last_Purchase__c )>= TODAY()-30

I also have a rule set on the same field for another field update that is based on resurrecting the customer after 365 days has past

PRIORVALUE( OL_Last_Purchase__c )<= TODAY()-365

after 30 days I am using this workflow rule to set the resurrected customer field to blank

This is all to ensure that our sales reps get compensated for new and resurrected customers.

I maybe trying to utilize to many rules to complete my desires.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• December 10, 2013

I need to havea date populate based on a check box being populated.  The key is that it needs to be based on the create date of a lead, but also have the date revert back to null when the check box is unchecked.  I have a formul that I started that works partialy for the population of the date field but i have not attempted to start with making the date blank when the checkbox is unchecked. This is in the group edition.

if(AND(  Subscription_Status_Trial__c  , CreatedDate =NOW()),TODAY(),NULL)

• February 09, 2013

I am trying to write a validation rule that would allow an administrator to change a value in a lookup filed if it is not blank, but allow any one to change it if it is.  What I have below works other than you can not modify any other field in the object if you are not an Administration

NOT(ISBLANK(Outside_Sales_Rep__c))&& $Profile.Name <> "System Administrator"

• February 05, 2013

I am trying to add a date value to a hyperlink to pass to a task I have tried tsk4=TODAY() and and '&tsk4=TODAY()&' with no luck.  I do understand that the hyperlink function is all text based, but I really need to pass the Due Date from the Hyperlink to the task.

Thanks.

• January 22, 2013

I am trying to develop a hyperlink field that will create a task from a custom object related list. After many attempts, this one partially works. My custom object contains many fields, but most importantly the lookups of Account and Contact. I can get the account to populate, but I cannot get the contact to populate. Here is my formula. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

HYPERLINK("/00T/e?retURL=%2F Id %2Fo1N%2Fhome.jsp&&RecordType=01260000000Dos3&ent=Task&what_id="&Account__r.Id &"&who_id=&Contact__r.Id ","Log a Call")

• January 19, 2013

I am trying to take values from multiple fields and populate a value in one field.  The goal is to indicate what data sources are populating the account record. My needs are

if only the "AFC_Dealer_ID__c" if not null then populate AFC in the "New Field"

If only the "AutoCount_Reporting_Period__c" if not null then populate "AutoCount" in the "New Field" but if the AFC_Dealer_ID__c  and the AutoCount_Reporting_Period__c are not null populte "AFC, AutoCount" in the "New Field"

The otehr two fields needed are below, but for ease of understanding, i only included two of the fields above. There could be 4 values in the 'New Field"

ADESA_Customer_Number__c if not null equals ADESA

Openlane_Org_ID__c if not null equals OpenLane

I have a formula that works as designed but need to make it work only for a specific record type.  My formula is below.  I appreciate any help provided.

IF ( INCLUDES ( Account.Blog_Selections__c , "used-car-values.com" ), "used-car-values.com; ",null ) &
IF ( INCLUDES ( Account.Blog_Selections__c , "my-home-improvement.com" ), "my-home-improvement.com; ",null ) &
IF ( INCLUDES ( Account.Blog_Selections__c, "rentals-on-vacation.com" ), "rentals-on-vacation.com; ",null ) &
IF ( INCLUDES ( Account.Blog_Selections__c, "client’s website blog" ), "client’s website blog; ",null )

I am trying to create a formula that will check the values (multi select) in the account object, as they would relate to a single value in  the Opportunity object.  I have 82 values in my multi select list to compare between the account and the opportunity.  here is a sample scenario,

Franks Auto Sales is my Account

Boston exists in my auction field in the opportunity.

Registered Auctions field is in the Account object (Multi Select)

When this account becomes registered with Boston, meaning that Boston would be included in the registered auction field, the Opportunity stage would be updated to Closed Won.

• November 18, 2010

I need some assistance.  I have written a workflow rule to support a field update on the mailing country.  I believe that my rule is working, but the update is not. As the Country is a text field i want to set to USA if the US states are populated Any assistance would be helpful.

• November 11, 2010

I am attempting to create a formula that will allow me to utilize one field in my dashboard to annotate that a record qualifies for use.  My formula below populates a field that is labeled qualified with "Yes" or "No".  Currently, I am only getting a "Yes" on all records as the formula shows there are many variables that must be "OR" statements and "AND" statements.  Any help would be appreciated.

IF(OR(CreatedDate>= NOW() - 180,Days_since_last_Purchase__c <=365, Buy_Role_Status_Change_Date__c >= TODAY() - 180, Days_Since_Last_Attendance__c <=365,
AND(ISPICKVAL( Companay_Buy_Status__c , "Active"), TS_Left_Message__c >=TODAY()-3, Dlr_Reg_Notified__c >=TODAY()-28, TS_last_contact_date__c >=TODAY()-21),

(OR(ISPICKVAL( TS_Contact_Frequency__c , "DNC- DC Account"),ISPICKVAL(TS_Contact_Frequency__c ,"Do Not Call- Dealership Request"),ISPICKVAL( TS_Contact_Frequency__c ,"Obsolete Buyer"),ISPICKVAL( TS_Contact_Frequency__c ,"Out of Business") ))
),"Yes", "No")

• October 20, 2010

I am attempting to create a formula that will allow me to utilize one field in my dashboard to annotate that a record qualifies for use.  My formula below populates a field that is labeled qualified with "Yes" or "No".  Currently, I am only getting a "Yes" on all records as the formula shows there are many variables that must be "OR" statements and "AND" statements.  Any help would be appreciated.

IF(OR(CreatedDate>= NOW() - 180,Days_since_last_Purchase__c <=365, Buy_Role_Status_Change_Date__c >= TODAY() - 180, Days_Since_Last_Attendance__c <=365,
AND(ISPICKVAL( Companay_Buy_Status__c , "Active"), TS_Left_Message__c >=TODAY()-3, Dlr_Reg_Notified__c >=TODAY()-28, TS_last_contact_date__c >=TODAY()-21),

(OR(ISPICKVAL( TS_Contact_Frequency__c , "DNC- DC Account"),ISPICKVAL(TS_Contact_Frequency__c ,"Do Not Call- Dealership Request"),ISPICKVAL( TS_Contact_Frequency__c ,"Obsolete Buyer"),ISPICKVAL( TS_Contact_Frequency__c ,"Out of Business") ))
),"Yes", "No")

• October 20, 2010
I am trying to pass multi select values to another object.  I have tried as many different way that I could think of.  Here is my existing formula.

https://na3.salesforce.com/00T/e?retURL=%2F{!Telesales_Info_Account__c.Id}&RecordType=012300000000L9I&cancelURL=%2F{!Telesales_Info_Account__c.AccountId__c}&ent=Task&what_id={!Telesales_Info_Account__c.AccountId__c}&tsk5=Last Results&who_id={!Telesales_Info_Account__c.ContactId__c}&RecordType=012300000000L9I&00N30000000jVEC={!Telesales_Info_Account__c.Auction__c}&tsk12=Completed&00N30000000nOk6=Consignment Sale&tsk4={!Today}&00N30000001FCVe={!NOW()}&00N70000001vgjA_selected={!Telesales_Info_Account__c.Bogie__c}

Everythingworks with the exception of

&00N70000001vgjA_selected={!Telesales_Info_Account__c.Bogie__c}
  • March 08, 2008
I have seen many questions concerning the ability to change an opportunity name utilizing an S-control, but no one seams to have made on work completely.  I would like to be able to combine the Opportunity "Type" and a custom filed value to make up the opportunity name with an s-control.
  • November 10, 2007

I have a rule created to utilize the priorvalue of a date field that does not trigger the field update as desired.  To push the field update check box for a new purchasing customer I have used

ISNULL(PRIORVALUE(OL_Last_Purchase__c))

after 30 days I am using this workflow rule to set the new customer field to blank

I also have a rule set on the same field for another field update that is based on resurrecting the customer after 365 days has past

PRIORVALUE( OL_Last_Purchase__c )<= TODAY()-365

after 30 days I am using this workflow rule to set the resurrected customer field to blank

This is all to ensure that our sales reps get compensated for new and resurrected customers.

I maybe trying to utilize to many rules to complete my desires.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• December 10, 2013

I need to havea date populate based on a check box being populated.  The key is that it needs to be based on the create date of a lead, but also have the date revert back to null when the check box is unchecked.  I have a formul that I started that works partialy for the population of the date field but i have not attempted to start with making the date blank when the checkbox is unchecked. This is in the group edition.

if(AND(  Subscription_Status_Trial__c  , CreatedDate =NOW()),TODAY(),NULL)

• February 09, 2013

I am trying to write a validation rule that would allow an administrator to change a value in a lookup filed if it is not blank, but allow any one to change it if it is.  What I have below works other than you can not modify any other field in the object if you are not an Administration

NOT(ISBLANK(Outside_Sales_Rep__c))&& $Profile.Name <> "System Administrator"

• February 05, 2013

I am trying to add a date value to a hyperlink to pass to a task I have tried tsk4=TODAY() and and '&tsk4=TODAY()&' with no luck.  I do understand that the hyperlink function is all text based, but I really need to pass the Due Date from the Hyperlink to the task.

Thanks.

• January 22, 2013

I am trying to develop a hyperlink field that will create a task from a custom object related list. After many attempts, this one partially works. My custom object contains many fields, but most importantly the lookups of Account and Contact. I can get the account to populate, but I cannot get the contact to populate. Here is my formula. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

HYPERLINK("/00T/e?retURL=%2F Id %2Fo1N%2Fhome.jsp&&RecordType=01260000000Dos3&ent=Task&what_id="&Account__r.Id &"&who_id=&Contact__r.Id ","Log a Call")

• January 19, 2013

I am trying to take values from multiple fields and populate a value in one field.  The goal is to indicate what data sources are populating the account record. My needs are

if only the "AFC_Dealer_ID__c" if not null then populate AFC in the "New Field"

If only the "AutoCount_Reporting_Period__c" if not null then populate "AutoCount" in the "New Field" but if the AFC_Dealer_ID__c  and the AutoCount_Reporting_Period__c are not null populte "AFC, AutoCount" in the "New Field"

The otehr two fields needed are below, but for ease of understanding, i only included two of the fields above. There could be 4 values in the 'New Field"

ADESA_Customer_Number__c if not null equals ADESA

Openlane_Org_ID__c if not null equals OpenLane

I have a formula that works as designed but need to make it work only for a specific record type.  My formula is below.  I appreciate any help provided.

IF ( INCLUDES ( Account.Blog_Selections__c , "used-car-values.com" ), "used-car-values.com; ",null ) &
IF ( INCLUDES ( Account.Blog_Selections__c , "my-home-improvement.com" ), "my-home-improvement.com; ",null ) &
IF ( INCLUDES ( Account.Blog_Selections__c, "rentals-on-vacation.com" ), "rentals-on-vacation.com; ",null ) &
IF ( INCLUDES ( Account.Blog_Selections__c, "client’s website blog" ), "client’s website blog; ",null )