• 10 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Can some one suggest a way/workaround for this scenario.

Our email marketing team sends sales emails to contacts (leads) in our database (SFDC) with the obective to get response from them. The email messages are categorized under multiple themes e.g. 'A', 'B', 'C' etc. Based on prospect's response individual email marketing rep. has to update the SFDC record as Cold or Warm or Hot.

If the prospect responds to 'A' message SFDC record should be updated for that message or theme only. So a prospect response could be a cold or warm or hot for message 'A' or 'B' or 'C'.
I thought of using 3 checkboxes as Cold, Warm, Hot for message A, 3 more checkboxes for message B. As I am going to have 8 types of messages I need to create 8*3=24 checkboxes.

I don't feel this is the way. Can some one suggest an approach for this, so that I can pull reports for type of response for the respective message type.

Thank you
Hi ,

I have to update the Lead records with names of the Webinars the prospect has registered for. Each record can have multiple webinars reigistered.

I tried to create a pick list (Multi-select) with 30+ values which are the names of webinars. While creation it is throwing the error "Each entry cannot exceed 40 characters". But I can't reduce the number of characters as they are the standard names of the webinars.

Any work around would be of great help.

Thank you.
  • April 25, 2014
Hi,

I would like create a report with SFDC links to the respective records as a seperate column. How can I creat such kind of report?

Please suggest. Thank you
  • April 20, 2014
Hi,

I would like create a fied that add numbers in a cumulative way.

Example: I update a set of records with the help of Lead ID giving 10 as score in the Score filed. In my next update I get a set of records to update the score as 10 once again. But if the 2nd set has the same record which has got updated in the first Set should get 20 score in the Score filed.

In this way the score field shold have cumulative addition. Please suggest a workaround for this.

Thank you.

• April 20, 2014
Hi,

I am trying to extract campaing member record IDs through command line batch process. But I am getting the following error though i made sure the password, security token and encrption key are accurate.

Please let me know what would went wrong. Below is the error.

2014-02-15 01:47:18,117 FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (ProcessRunner.java:238) - Unable to run process csvCampaignMemberExtractProcess
java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Thank you.
  • February 17, 2014
Hi,

I am trying to extract campaing member record IDs through command line batch process. But I am getting the following error though i made sure the password, security token and encrption key are accurate.

2014-02-15 01:47:18,117 FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (ProcessRunner.java:238) - Unable to run process csvCampaignMemberExtractProcess
java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Thank you.
  • February 15, 2014
Hi ,

I am trying to create a batch process to extract record IDs from CampaignMember Object from Command line. But it is throwing the folliwng error. Could you please help me on this.

2014-01-27 06:21:39,237 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.java:388) - The log has been initialized
2014-01-27 06:21:39,244 INFO  [main] process.ProcessConfig getBeanFactory (ProcessConfig.java:103) - Loading process configuration from config file: C:\users\
stanikanti\desktop\test2\process-conf.xml
2014-01-27 06:21:39,360 INFO  [main] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:315) - Loading XML bean definitions from fi
le [C:\users\stanikanti\desktop\test2\process-conf.xml]
2014-01-27 06:21:39,398 ERROR [main] process.ProcessConfig getProcessInstance (ProcessConfig.java:96) - Error loading process: campaignMemberExtract configura
tion from config file: C:\users\stanikanti\desktop\test2\process-conf.xml
org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'campaignMemberExtract' is defined

Below is the code I am using. Please help me on this error? (Coommand I am using is > Process.bat "path for process-conf.xml" campaignMemberExctract)

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN"
"http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
<bean id="csvCampaignMemberExtractProcess"
class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner"
singleton="false">

<property name="name" value="csvCampaignMemberExtractProcess"/>
<property name="configOverrideMap">

<map>
<entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="true"/>
<entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile"
value="C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Desktop\Test2\campaignMemberExtractSoapTrace.log"/>

<entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://login.salesforce.com"/>
<entry key="sfdc.username" value="xxxx@xxxxxxx.com"/>

<entry key="sfdc.password" value="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"/>
<entry key="process.encryptionKeyFile"
value="C:\Users\xxxxxx\Desktop\Test2\Mykey.txt"/>

<entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
<entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>

<entry key="sfdc.entity" value="campaignMember"/>

<entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="500"/>

<entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select Id FROM CampaignMember"/>

<entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>

<entry key="process.mappingFile"
value="C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\Desktop\Test2\campaignMemberExtractMap.sdl"/>

<entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>
<entry key="dataAccess.name" value="C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\Desktop\Test2\Extract.csv"/>

<entry key="process.initialLastRunDate"
value="2005-12-01T00:00:00.000-0800"/>
</map>
</property>
</bean>
</beans>
  • February 04, 2014
Hi ,

I am trying to create a batch process to extract record IDs from CampaignMember Object from Command line. But it throwing the folliwng errors. Could you please me on this.

2014-01-27 06:21:39,237 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.java:388) - The log has been initialized
2014-01-27 06:21:39,244 INFO  [main] process.ProcessConfig getBeanFactory (ProcessConfig.java:103) - Loading process configuration from config file: C:\users\
2014-01-27 06:21:39,360 INFO  [main] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:315) - Loading XML bean definitions from fi
2014-01-27 06:21:39,398 ERROR [main] process.ProcessConfig getProcessInstance (ProcessConfig.java:96) - Error loading process: campaignMemberExtract configura
org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'campaignMemberExtract' is defined
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanDefinition(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:529)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getMergedLocalBeanDefinition(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1095)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:277)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:193)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig.getProcessInstance(ProcessConfig.java:93)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.getInstance(ProcessRunner.java:287)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.getInstance(ProcessRunner.java:273)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.java:246)
2014-01-27 06:21:39,401 FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (ProcessRunner.java:238) - Failed to create process
com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ProcessInitializationException: Error loading process: campaignMemberExtract configuration from config file: C:\users\stan
ikanti\desktop\test2\process-conf.xml
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig.getProcessInstance(ProcessConfig.java:97)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.getInstance(ProcessRunner.java:287)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.getInstance(ProcessRunner.java:273)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'campaignMemberExtract' is defined
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanDefinition(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:529)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getMergedLocalBeanDefinition(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1095)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:277)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:193)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig.getProcessInstance(ProcessConfig.java:93)
        ... 3 more
  • January 27, 2014
Hi ,

I am trying to create a batch file with scheduler to periodically delete particular category of tasks create in our lead records. I am understanding and trying to run a sample batch file given in the Data loader guide - command line quick start. But it is throwing lot of errors and I don't understand what they are. Can any one help me what's going wrong. Here are the errors.

2014-01-20 23:08:21,518 ERROR [main] process.ProcessConfig getProcessInstance (P
rocessConfig.java:96) - Error loading process: accountInsert configuration from
config file: C:\program files\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\process-conf.xml
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException pars
ing XML document from file [C:\program files\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\proc
ess-conf.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\program fil
es\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\process-conf.xml (The system cannot find the f
ile specified)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBea
nDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:341)
nDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:302)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanFactory.<init>(XmlBeanFa
ctory.java:78)
ctory.java:66)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig.getBeanFactory(Proces
sConfig.java:104)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig.getProcessInstance(Pr
ocessConfig.java:93)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.getInstance(ProcessRu
nner.java:287)
nner.java:273)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:246)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\program files\salesforce.com\data l
oader\bin\process-conf.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.springframework.core.io.FileSystemResource.getInputStream(FileSys
temResource.java:113)
nDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:328)
        ... 8 more
2014-01-20 23:08:21,534 FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (Proces
sRunner.java:238) - Failed to create process
com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ProcessInitializationException: Error loadin
g process: accountInsert configuration from config file: C:\program files\salesf
orce.com\data loader\bin\process-conf.xml
ocessConfig.java:97)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOExc
eption parsing XML document from file [C:\program files\salesforce.com\data load
er\bin\process-conf.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\
program files\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\process-conf.xml (The system cannot
find the file specified)
        ... 3 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\program files\salesforce.com\data l
        ... 8 more
  • January 21, 2014

Hi,

As part of the Lead scoring implementation I am coming across few challenges. Here is the picture:

Have few custom (formulae) fields: Title Score, Industry Score, Revenue Score and Location Score.

For location score I have created 3 workflow rules (Created or Edited) divided across the 51 US states, state value placed in another custom field. Each workflow evaluates Sate value against few states mentioned and puts the Score respectively. Example: If the person is based out of PA, it checks against all 3 workflows, which ever evaluated as true, that workflow triggers the field update action and place the Score I have given within the "Location Score" field.

I have a custom formula filed (Total Score) which add  the scores in all 4 fileds mentioned above and puts the total score. Now I have another field  (Category)which shold determine Record category as A or B or C based on the total score.

For this I have created 3 workflows (created or edited) again like First workflow evaluates the rule "Total Score <=70" when triggered field update action should update "Category" filed as "C", second workdlow rule with rule criteria "Total Score>=71 && Total Score <=85" when meet should update the "Category" filed as "B", same way third work flow rule "Total Score >=86" should update Category field as "A".

Finally the proble is when I am creating the record the first category of workflows getting executed and updating the "Location Score" field, also getting the "Total Score". But the second set of workflows not getting executed (which supposted to be evaluated based on the Total Score) and I see black in the Category field. But when I edit and save the record then I can see the Category value. Why it is not working on record creation though I mentioned the work flow rules (second set of 3 rules) to be evaluated on Creating or editing every record.

Please help me on this.

• September 24, 2013

Hi ,

I am implementing the lead scoring framework in SFDC, as part of this process I have created a formula field to calculate the location rating. Formula as below:

IF( 

(

Corporate_Headquarters__c  = "AL" ||

Corporate_Headquarters__c  = "HI" ||

Corporate_Headquarters__c  = "ID" ||

Corporate_Headquarters__c  = "LA" ||

Corporate_Headquarters__c  = "MT")

,15,0)

In this way I have 3 blocks for all the 51 United states with different scores (15,20,25). (Not Copying the complete formula here as it is big and for 51 states) . When I checked it for syntax its show the green line with no Syntax error and compiled size as about 2000 characters.

But when I try to save, it is throwing the error as " Error: Invalid Data. Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Formula(s) that reference this field are no longer valid: Compiled formula is too big to execute (5,593 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters (Related field: Formula)"

I expeirmented by creating 3 formula fields and put the 3 blocks and finally added all these 3 forumla fields putting in an another final Formula filed. But still it is throwing the same error.

I tried this logic with CASE function also, but same error, even more characters.

Please any body guide me on this.

Thank You.

• August 27, 2013

Hi ,

I am implementing the lead scoring framework in SFDC, as part of this process I have created a formula field to calculate the location rating. Formula as below:

IF( 

(

,15,0)

In this way I have 3 blocks for all the 51 United states with different scores (15,20,25). (Not Copying the complete formula here as it is big and for 51 states) . When I checked it for syntax its show the green line with no Syntax error and compiled size as about 2000 characters.

But when I try to save, it is throwing the error as " Error: Invalid Data. Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Formula(s) that reference this field are no longer valid: Compiled formula is too big to execute (5,593 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters (Related field: Formula)"

I expeirmented by creating 3 formula fields and put the 3 blocks and finally added all these 3 forumla fields putting in an another final Formula filed. But still it is throwing the same error.

I tried this logic with CASE function also, but same error, even more characters.

Thank You.

• August 27, 2013

Hi,

How to use Contains in Data Loader. I would like to export Task records with text field "Subject" contains "ABC" . But Data loader filter doesn't have the Contains operator as it is in the SFDC reports.

Please help.

Thank you

Hi,

I was trying to use the upsert function on DataLoader, but there was no external ID field defined on the Lead Object. So SFDC was taking Lead ID (machine generated) as external ID which will not serve the purpose of upsert.

With suggestions from group friends I have defined a custom filed as Email type, Unique and External ID. Created a workflow to update this field with the standard email field via workflow and ran a record update on all lead records to invoke the workflow. Now the Custom Email field is a replica of Standard Email field.

But when I started using Data Loader Upsert funcation it is still showing Lead ID as the only External ID defined. No trace of Custom Email filed created as unique and extenal ID type.

Please advise.

Thanks

Can someone help writing Apex Trigger for Cross object updates. The objects are Lead and Task (Related list) which is associated with the respective Lead. Here are a couple of cases for which am looking for -

1. When we email the lead, an acitivity gets created within Activity History Section. In each activity record, "Due Date" is the field gives the date of the completion of that activity. In this way list of activities listed in Activity History. I want to pull the last email date (from Due Date) for that lead and update a custom lead field (Last_Emailed_Date_c).

2. Similar to above while we send email and email ID gets bounce, an activity gets created with Subject having "bounced" word. When this activity recored created with bounced in Subjecline I want the respective Lead_Status_c (Picklist) getting updated to Disqualified.

I am not a programmer but can undertand the code at high level. It would be of great help if someone can share code for these two scenarios. Thanks a lot!!

• April 13, 2011

Hi, we have an industry field in our Lead object and it has our custom values as picklist. Recently integrated Jigsaw with our SFDC. While we import leads from Jigsaw, it is mapping its industry terms (Jigsaw defined) with SFDC (defined) standard values and creating (updating exist) new leads with different industries from our existing custom industry picklist. This is creating havoc in our reporting.

As of now we have an excel sheet with Jigsaw values and respective SFDC industry values. On this we have mapped our custom industry values and manually updating the leads. Any suggestion to automate this?

• April 11, 2011

We have a lead object, and is associated with Releted lists (Task, Events) and each lead record displays Activity History with list of Tasks. We use Marketing automation Software that logs a record for each email it sends.

I have a couple of questions here -

1. I want to update the  lead status field (Picklist) as Disqualified automatically when a task (Activity) is logged by our marketing software with Subject field "bounced". I See the Task Object fields and Subject is one of them.

I tried Workflow rule creating individually for Lead and Task, but none of them have a common field to link and update the field i am looking for.

2. In the same manner as above, I want to update a custom fied in the lead with last email sent date which i can only pull from Tasks (activities) logged in Activity History of that lead record. I tried with Workflow rule and Fied update actions but having the same problem as above.

I have tried to creat a custome object to define Parent-Child, Many-Many relationship as I read in SFDC help. But I lost my way and totally got confused.

I am a novice at coding. Does it require to develop Apexclass etc? Kindly help me on this. Thanks

• April 09, 2011
Can some one suggest a way/workaround for this scenario.

Our email marketing team sends sales emails to contacts (leads) in our database (SFDC) with the obective to get response from them. The email messages are categorized under multiple themes e.g. 'A', 'B', 'C' etc. Based on prospect's response individual email marketing rep. has to update the SFDC record as Cold or Warm or Hot.

If the prospect responds to 'A' message SFDC record should be updated for that message or theme only. So a prospect response could be a cold or warm or hot for message 'A' or 'B' or 'C'.
I thought of using 3 checkboxes as Cold, Warm, Hot for message A, 3 more checkboxes for message B. As I am going to have 8 types of messages I need to create 8*3=24 checkboxes.

I don't feel this is the way. Can some one suggest an approach for this, so that I can pull reports for type of response for the respective message type.

Thank you
Hi,

I would like create a report with SFDC links to the respective records as a seperate column. How can I creat such kind of report?

Please suggest. Thank you
  • April 20, 2014
Hi,

Thank you.
  • February 17, 2014
Hi ,

I am trying to create a batch process to extract record IDs from CampaignMember Object from Command line. But it throwing the folliwng errors. Could you please me on this.

2014-01-27 06:21:39,401 FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (ProcessRunner.java:238) - Failed to create process
com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ProcessInitializationException: Error loading process: campaignMemberExtract configuration from config file: C:\users\stan
ikanti\desktop\test2\process-conf.xml
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessConfig.getProcessInstance(ProcessConfig.java:97)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'campaignMemberExtract' is defined
        ... 3 more
  • January 27, 2014
Hi ,

I am trying to create a batch file with scheduler to periodically delete particular category of tasks create in our lead records. I am understanding and trying to run a sample batch file given in the Data loader guide - command line quick start. But it is throwing lot of errors and I don't understand what they are. Can any one help me what's going wrong. Here are the errors.

2014-01-20 23:08:21,518 ERROR [main] process.ProcessConfig getProcessInstance (P
rocessConfig.java:96) - Error loading process: accountInsert configuration from
config file: C:\program files\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\process-conf.xml
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException pars
ing XML document from file [C:\program files\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\proc
ess-conf.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\program fil
es\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\process-conf.xml (The system cannot find the f
ile specified)
        ... 8 more
2014-01-20 23:08:21,534 FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (Proces
sRunner.java:238) - Failed to create process
com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ProcessInitializationException: Error loadin
g process: accountInsert configuration from config file: C:\program files\salesf
orce.com\data loader\bin\process-conf.xml
ocessConfig.java:97)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOExc
eption parsing XML document from file [C:\program files\salesforce.com\data load
er\bin\process-conf.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\
program files\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\process-conf.xml (The system cannot
find the file specified)
        ... 3 more
        ... 8 more
  • January 21, 2014

Hi ,

IF( 

(

,15,0)

Thank You.

• August 27, 2013

Hi,

I was trying to use the upsert function on DataLoader, but there was no external ID field defined on the Lead Object. So SFDC was taking Lead ID (machine generated) as external ID which will not serve the purpose of upsert.

With suggestions from group friends I have defined a custom filed as Email type, Unique and External ID. Created a workflow to update this field with the standard email field via workflow and ran a record update on all lead records to invoke the workflow. Now the Custom Email field is a replica of Standard Email field.

But when I started using Data Loader Upsert funcation it is still showing Lead ID as the only External ID defined. No trace of Custom Email filed created as unique and extenal ID type.

Please advise.

Thanks

We have a lead object, and is associated with Releted lists (Task, Events) and each lead record displays Activity History with list of Tasks. We use Marketing automation Software that logs a record for each email it sends.

I have a couple of questions here -

1. I want to update the  lead status field (Picklist) as Disqualified automatically when a task (Activity) is logged by our marketing software with Subject field "bounced". I See the Task Object fields and Subject is one of them.

I tried Workflow rule creating individually for Lead and Task, but none of them have a common field to link and update the field i am looking for.

2. In the same manner as above, I want to update a custom fied in the lead with last email sent date which i can only pull from Tasks (activities) logged in Activity History of that lead record. I tried with Workflow rule and Fied update actions but having the same problem as above.

I have tried to creat a custome object to define Parent-Child, Many-Many relationship as I read in SFDC help. But I lost my way and totally got confused.

I am a novice at coding. Does it require to develop Apexclass etc? Kindly help me on this. Thanks

• April 09, 2011