• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to update the UnitPrice in OpportunityLineItem through a C# application that I am working on. The amount that I am using is of type double and have verified that I am passing it the correct Id.  I have saved the results to the SaveResult[] object and have verified that there are no errors on the update, however, when I go back into Salesforce, it has not been updated.  Any ideas?

Here is a code snippet:

sforce.OpportunityLineItem OpLiIt = new sforce.OpportunityLineItem();

OpLiIt.Id = MP.OLIID;

OpLiIt.UnitPrice = MP.profit.

MP.binding.update(new sforce.sObject[]{OpLiIt});

Thanks

• September 19, 2005

In development for our release of the partner portal, I thought that it would be pretty cool to be able to click on an item in the related list and have it take you to the page for that particular Contact/Opportunity or whatever your related list is.  I accomplished this by adding the following code in the "test for presence of any related Lists" section in the sObjectDetail.jsp file.

<c:if test="${colStatus.first}"><a href="<c:url value="/detail.do" ><c:param name="id" value="${map['Id']}" /></c:url>" Class="<c:out value="${thisRow}" />"></c:if>

This code was added right below the code that draws the related list table.

<c:if test="${colStatus.first}"><td class= "<c:out value="${thisRow}" />">&nbsp</td></c:if>

I'm not a java coder, so this may not be the best way to do this, but it works pretty well.  The downfall is that the link does not appear hot, or it is not an actionLink, so you have to train your users to know that it actually is.  If anyone can figure out how to make it an action link, please post it. 

Thanks

• August 17, 2005

I am working on expanding the partner portal and adding cases into it.  I have removed the fields from the page layout that it does not handle (i.e. Phone) and it is formating fine.  The problem I am having now is that where the Contact Name should be displayed, which is a reference field, it is giving me the actual contactId and the label  'Contact ID'. 

I have altered the sObjectDetail file, but was unable to fix the problem.  Here is the code that I believe should be handling this field, but does not seem to work for Cases.

<c:when test="${field.type == 'reference'}" ><c:set var="label" value="${field.name}__label" /><c:out value="${map[label]}" /></c:when>

<c:when test="${comp.value == 'ContactId'}" ><c:out value="${map[field.name]}" /></c:when>

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

• August 11, 2005

Hello,

I am working on a little app in windows forms using C#.  To this point I have succeeded in working with the API in a single form, but now need to expand to multiple forms.  I am using our org's Enterprise WSDL in the Mdi application. The parent Mdi form contains the code delcaring binding as the sforce variable in the constructor:

public sforce.SforceService binding;

When the parent mdi form opens it automatically opens a child login form with text box's for username and password as well as a login button.

if I instantiate binding in the login button event (binding = new sforce.SforceService(), it works fine as long as I create an instants of the mdi parent and cast it to a new variable, but the problem is that the variable 'binding' is limited to that sub only.  So I added it as a constructor after the initializecomponent(); call, but that falls through to an exception in the login process.  Where should I instantiate binding in order to access it anywhere on the form, as well access it on a 3rd form used to search and browse accounts?

Hopefully this question is not to confusing, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

• June 15, 2005

Hello,

We have are in the beginning stages of working on the partner portal for our outside sales reps.  I have added an account tab and to the portal, which is pulling the accounts and displying the list properly.  The edit view of each individual account is also displaying properly, however when I view the account when it is not in edit (read-only), it is not displaying the Billing Address and shipping address properly. 

Address Information
Billing Street :123 Main Street 
Billing City :
Seattle,
Billing State/Province :
WA 
Billing Zip/Postal Code :

Billing Country :

Shipping Street :

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• May 20, 2005

I am trying to update the UnitPrice in OpportunityLineItem through a C# application that I am working on. The amount that I am using is of type double and have verified that I am passing it the correct Id.  I have saved the results to the SaveResult[] object and have verified that there are no errors on the update, however, when I go back into Salesforce, it has not been updated.  Any ideas?

Here is a code snippet:

sforce.OpportunityLineItem OpLiIt = new sforce.OpportunityLineItem();

OpLiIt.Id = MP.OLIID;

OpLiIt.UnitPrice = MP.profit.

MP.binding.update(new sforce.sObject[]{OpLiIt});

Thanks

• September 19, 2005

I am working on expanding the partner portal and adding cases into it.  I have removed the fields from the page layout that it does not handle (i.e. Phone) and it is formating fine.  The problem I am having now is that where the Contact Name should be displayed, which is a reference field, it is giving me the actual contactId and the label  'Contact ID'. 

I have altered the sObjectDetail file, but was unable to fix the problem.  Here is the code that I believe should be handling this field, but does not seem to work for Cases.

<c:when test="${field.type == 'reference'}" ><c:set var="label" value="${field.name}__label" /><c:out value="${map[label]}" /></c:when>

<c:when test="${comp.value == 'ContactId'}" ><c:out value="${map[field.name]}" /></c:when>

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

• August 11, 2005
Please help!

I have successfully installed the Partner Portal and have it running. However, when the detail page renders, it shows two fields for CreatedBy and LastModifiedBy

I think it has something to do with the code on line 112 and 113 of sObjectDetail.jsp

All my research says the code should work, but what ends up happening is that the code renders with both the parsed date and the formatted date. This makes the entire detail look sqewed because the columns no longer properly align.

Any thoughts?

Mittop
New to Java, when will the Portal be in .Net????

Hello,

I've added a custom object, called Player(s), to the opportunity object.  Players will act like the Contact Roles object in Salesforce. 

However I'm unable to add or view a new record as my partner via the partner portal. The Profile has all CRUD access to this object, however nothing shows up to the partner to add a new player.

Ideas?

Hello,

We have are in the beginning stages of working on the partner portal for our outside sales reps.  I have added an account tab and to the portal, which is pulling the accounts and displying the list properly.  The edit view of each individual account is also displaying properly, however when I view the account when it is not in edit (read-only), it is not displaying the Billing Address and shipping address properly. 

Address Information
Billing Street :123 Main Street 
Billing City :
Seattle,
Billing State/Province :
WA 
Billing Zip/Postal Code :

Billing Country :

Shipping Street :

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• May 20, 2005
Just wanted to start a thread. Our company, Fortinet, is up and running in a beta phase with this release. We just trained some of our partners, 25 of them, and our sales rep this last week, 4/18/05.

We'll see how it goes. Right now we only released the Leads object however in a couple of weeks we'll release the Opportunity and documents area.