• 5 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a workflow rule that is not working as expected, and am hoping that someone in this community may have some insights regarding why, and what I can do to resolve it.

What I am trying to do is change the record type when a certain condition is met -- and only when this condition is met.  The criteria I am using is: 

Rule Criteria
(Task: Status equals Completed) and (Current User: Profile equals Mitchell Field Services)

The workflow action is a field update.

ObjectTask
Field to UpdateTask Record Type
Field Data TypeRecord Type
Field ValueField Service Task-COMPLETE

What is happening is that the record type gets updated to Field Service Task-COMPLETE, regardless of what the user's profile is.

Any ideas?

• May 18, 2007
None of the below Validation Rules return an error when the user forgets to enter a Phone Number.
Option 1
AND(
$Profile.Name = "System Administrator",
Phone=""
)
Option 2
AND(
    $Profile.ID  = "00e20000000hGsFAAU",
  Phone=""
)
Option 3
AND(
    $User.ProfileID  = "00e20000000hGsFAAU",
  Phone=""
)
Code:
AND ( 
NOT 
(ISPICKVAL( Stage_at_Loss__c , "")), 
( 
OR 
(ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Closed Lost"), 
 ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Abandoned")) 
 ) 
)

Hello all!

I want a picklist to be required if our Stage picklist equals "Closed Lost" or "Abandoned".  Above is the code I thought would work, and it does, but not in the way I want it to.  It will required our "Stage at Loss" picklist to be required under the given parameters, but it won't let you save the Opportunity.  You have to move it to another stage, edit the Opportunity, and then move it back.

Dave

Hi,

In our Sales org we have account reps with around 250 accounts each which are being synchronised ok.

We want to expand the synchronisation to 1 level higher in the territiory hierarchy i.e. Area Sales Managers.

As each area sales manager can have up to 9 Reps, this gives around 1750 accounts to synchronise (well within the 5,000 limit), but here's the problem:

How do I populate the Area Sales Managers synchronisation list automatically to reflect the customer accounts owned by the account reps?

It's not feasible to manually click "include offline" on every account, can I write a task to update the list every evening?

Many thanks
Leslie
We have been generating a Word invoice document from Opportunity.  Its been a little annoying how the underlines show up when you merge a picklist field with nothing selected - but we've decided to live with that.

The problem is that this week the blank picklist fields started showing #Error! in them instead of ________.  This is conincident with Spring 07 being implemented.  Has anyone experienced a sudden problem with mail merge after Spring 07 or know of any other reason for the error?

Hi,

I have a need that i have created a custom object that will not be updated from sales force site.
But i can onnly update or edit that object from my application through API only.

Can anyone please help me.

Thanks,
Mohan.
Hello,

I am wondering if the excel connector would work to load data into a test environment?

thanks
  • December 06, 2005

My company has a number of prodcts sold in "bundles". That is, they contain several products sold together. I'd like to include these bundles in my standard pricebook with the underlying products represented.

For instand, Bundle A includes Products 1, 5 and 8. How do I create a pricebook entry where I select Bundle A, and add products 1, 5 and 8? Is it possible?

Please help,

Thanks, Carmen G