• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm having trouble with a custom field (date) that I created on an opportunity.  I would like to reference that date on another custom object and on a report within a formula.  However,  every time I add the formula, it says that the field does not exist, whether I write it like: !Date2 or Date_2_c.  Either way it says that the field does not exist.  And yet I have confirmed over and over again the syntax of the formula AND of the reference field.

I am trying to have a formula do the work to determine if this field falls within a particular month/fiscal quarter, then summarize accordingly and divide by x.

I'd appreciate any and all insight.

Thanks!
  • February 25, 2008
Is there something wrong with this formula?

OPPORTUNITY(MONTH({!Quote_Date}, 1, "Q1", 2, "Q1", 3, "Q1", 4, "Q2", 5, "Q2", 6, "Q2", 7, "Q3", 8, "Q3", 9, "Q3", 10, "Q4", 11, "Q4", 12, "Q4"))

I am attempting to have a custom date field summarize according to Fiscal Year.  I am adding this formula as a Custom Formula Field on the Opportunity page.  This is supposed to tell me, based upon the Quote Date entered, what Fiscal Qtr the quote was generated in.

But I keep getting a syntax error saying that "Quote_Date" does not exist... yet, it is the field name for the date field that the user is supposed to enter the date into.

This is all so that I can track amount quoted by user per fiscal quarter against their quota for that fiscal quota and I'll be darned this is giving me one heck of a headache!

Thank you for any input!
  • February 21, 2008
I have created a custom field which is for a date on an opportunity record.  This records the date that a user issues a quote to a client.  I'd like to be able to now report on the total $$$ quoted per month, but it appears as if the only way to do that is by the actual date.  So, for example, if I want to report all of the quote amounts for the month of January, the only way I can get the numbers to appear is by listing each individual quote and the amount on the report.  Is there a way to just report on the monthly total per user?

A particular user could send out 10 quotes in a month.  When building a quarterly report, this could come out to be 150 different dates and amounts... 50 per month.  If I can summarize all 50 of them as 1 amount per user for the given month, that is what I am looking to do.

I know that I can do this for Closed business because there is a "Close Date Month" option for a formula.  Is this possible to also apply to a custom date field, i.e. "Quote Date Month"?
  • February 20, 2008
We are using Professional Edition.

I am attempting to perform a calculation to show what percentage a particular user is at for the current quarter of meeting their sales quote and their "quote quota".  We require our salespeople to generate and deliver a certain amount ($$) in quotes per year as well as a certain sales quota.  Each salesperson has a different quota.

I've added a custom field on each User Page for each quota goal (there is one for each quarter per rep, so a Q1 Quote Quota, Q2 Quote Quota, Q3... and so on).  I also have a report which calculates the total amount they have quoted in the Current FY.

What I am having trouble doing is now developing the executive report for the dashboard which shows each rep's progression YTD and QTD showing (1) How much they've quoted; (2) What their Quote Quota is for that quarter; (3) What percentage of their quota they have already determined. 

I am trying to add a custom formula to calculate that for me, but I cannot see how to do it with a report and I wouldn't know how to do a custom formula in a custom field that references the SUM of a report.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Fair warning, I might explode if the answer starts with, "well, if you had Enterprise Edition".  Thank you!
  • February 19, 2008
Is there a way to remove the probability field from the opportunity layout?  I want to create a new custom field which will calculate the probability of a job the way that we calculate it - based upon the Gross Profit of a job, not the Gross Net.  However, after I've created the custom field, I cannot remove the standard probability field from the opportunity.
I am new to salesforce (using for 4 months now) and I need to add my first validation code.  I have not done this as of yet and I do not understand the coding language. 

I am looking for a code which will require an entry into another field on the same object when a different field is checked (it's a checkbox field).  I have two of these instances and would like the code rather simple.  For example:

If the Returned to Manufacturer (Field: Returnmfg; API name: Returnmfg_c) field is check, then I want to require the entry of a Return Authorization number in the additional custom field provided (Field: RMA; API name: RMA_c).  Also, when the Received back from Manufacturer field is checked, then I want to require a date entered into the custom field provided.

I've already created the fields.

Thank you!
Is there something wrong with this formula?

OPPORTUNITY(MONTH({!Quote_Date}, 1, "Q1", 2, "Q1", 3, "Q1", 4, "Q2", 5, "Q2", 6, "Q2", 7, "Q3", 8, "Q3", 9, "Q3", 10, "Q4", 11, "Q4", 12, "Q4"))

I am attempting to have a custom date field summarize according to Fiscal Year.  I am adding this formula as a Custom Formula Field on the Opportunity page.  This is supposed to tell me, based upon the Quote Date entered, what Fiscal Qtr the quote was generated in.

But I keep getting a syntax error saying that "Quote_Date" does not exist... yet, it is the field name for the date field that the user is supposed to enter the date into.

This is all so that I can track amount quoted by user per fiscal quarter against their quota for that fiscal quota and I'll be darned this is giving me one heck of a headache!

Thank you for any input!
  • February 21, 2008
We are using Professional Edition.

I am attempting to perform a calculation to show what percentage a particular user is at for the current quarter of meeting their sales quote and their "quote quota".  We require our salespeople to generate and deliver a certain amount ($$) in quotes per year as well as a certain sales quota.  Each salesperson has a different quota.

I've added a custom field on each User Page for each quota goal (there is one for each quarter per rep, so a Q1 Quote Quota, Q2 Quote Quota, Q3... and so on).  I also have a report which calculates the total amount they have quoted in the Current FY.

What I am having trouble doing is now developing the executive report for the dashboard which shows each rep's progression YTD and QTD showing (1) How much they've quoted; (2) What their Quote Quota is for that quarter; (3) What percentage of their quota they have already determined. 

I am trying to add a custom formula to calculate that for me, but I cannot see how to do it with a report and I wouldn't know how to do a custom formula in a custom field that references the SUM of a report.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Fair warning, I might explode if the answer starts with, "well, if you had Enterprise Edition".  Thank you!
  • February 19, 2008
Is there a way to remove the probability field from the opportunity layout?  I want to create a new custom field which will calculate the probability of a job the way that we calculate it - based upon the Gross Profit of a job, not the Gross Net.  However, after I've created the custom field, I cannot remove the standard probability field from the opportunity.
I am new to salesforce (using for 4 months now) and I need to add my first validation code.  I have not done this as of yet and I do not understand the coding language. 

I am looking for a code which will require an entry into another field on the same object when a different field is checked (it's a checkbox field).  I have two of these instances and would like the code rather simple.  For example:

If the Returned to Manufacturer (Field: Returnmfg; API name: Returnmfg_c) field is check, then I want to require the entry of a Return Authorization number in the additional custom field provided (Field: RMA; API name: RMA_c).  Also, when the Received back from Manufacturer field is checked, then I want to require a date entered into the custom field provided.

I've already created the fields.

Thank you!
It's very odd - the SFDC Office Edition Word Add-in toolbar does not appear in my toolbar list after the initial load of Office Edition.  I have created several mail merge documents and whenever I need to edit them, I have to re-install Office Edition instead of simply selecting SFDC off my Word toolbar.
Premier support has told me to check for Disabled Items in Word - but this list is empty.
Does anyone have a suggestion other than re-installing Office Edition each time I need to use it?
Thanks!
  • May 03, 2007