• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

Is there a global merge field where I can obtain the object id of the object currently being viewed?  ie,

if on a development page: get a09
if on client page: get 001
if on contact page: get 003
if on plots page: get a0C

I am overiding the help for this page link found on all pages which points to an sControl I have built.  because my code is in this scontrol, I cannot simply grab the url string (which contains the object id).  I have to get the document.referrer to get the url string for me, which works fine in firefox but microsoft no longer support this feature.  To solve my problem, could you possibly advise on how I can get the object id from within an Scontrol or get the http string from the referring page?

Many thanks for you help.

Best regards

Sean.

I have built an online help scontrol that overrides the SalesForce help link.  What I want to do is open a new window with the help documentation depending on the object type.  for example, If you are in the account (clients) screens, clicking the help link opens help for that area.  If you are in the development screens (opportunities), clicking help opens help for that area and so on. 

I can do the scontrol to detect which type of client is logged on using the {!$Profile.Name} object but I cannot find how to detect which object the user is current in.  I want to get the values:

001 for Account, 003 for Contacts, a09 for Developments etc.   If variableX = 001 redirect to url nnn,  If variableX = 003 redirect to yyy

Can anyone help me on how to obtain this value?  Is there a global variable for the ObjectType object?

Thanks to anyone who can help.
My JavaScript skills are below par.  I have spent a full day trying to acheive something and cannot do it to save my life.

I am trying to do a manage duplicate contacts Scontrol which which allows users to lookup duplicate contacts and select them.  I can successfully link to the lookup popup screen passing in the id's and select the duplicate contact no problem (this is done by clicking the icon to call the popup, search the duplicate and select the appropriate one), Clicking save then updates the contacts duplicate contact field (all success). 

The problem I have got now is trying to replicate the functionality of the standard contact edit screen.

For example:
On the standard Contact edit screen: When you type in a non existant name (ie, asdffda) and click save, it errors saying no matches found.  When you type in something like 'group' (where many exist) and click save, it errors and changes the input type text box to a select box with the possible options to choose from.  How the look up on save works is totally beyond me.

On my manage duplicate contacts custom screen, it all works apart from checking the lookups when you click save.  When I click save, I basically want it to look up the name and return the same errors as the standard edit functionality does. Could anyone point me in right direction?  As my JavaScript/SalesForce programming skills are not very good, code examples would be fantastic!!!

Thank you for all your help.

Message Edited by Sean Dagger on 09-20-2007 07:05 AM

Within SalesForce standard pages, there is a help icon that when you hover over the gif, it provides tiptext help.

I have been asked to replicate this feature within an Scontrol in a custom built page.  How can I reference the help button and populate the help text via an Scontrol?

I am new to SalesForce and all this code.  Say I built a custom layout page and want to reference one of the help fields in the standard page layout (ie, email address), how would I capture the id/text in that field to display on the custom page using the sControl?

Many thanks if you can help me resolve this.

Sean.

Many thanks for your help

Sean.

Message Edited by Sean Dagger on 09-17-2007 05:27 AM

I have built an online help scontrol that overrides the SalesForce help link.  What I want to do is open a new window with the help documentation depending on the object type.  for example, If you are in the account (clients) screens, clicking the help link opens help for that area.  If you are in the development screens (opportunities), clicking help opens help for that area and so on. 

I can do the scontrol to detect which type of client is logged on using the {!$Profile.Name} object but I cannot find how to detect which object the user is current in.  I want to get the values:

001 for Account, 003 for Contacts, a09 for Developments etc.   If variableX = 001 redirect to url nnn,  If variableX = 003 redirect to yyy

Can anyone help me on how to obtain this value?  Is there a global variable for the ObjectType object?

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Within SalesForce standard pages, there is a help icon that when you hover over the gif, it provides tiptext help.

I have been asked to replicate this feature within an Scontrol in a custom built page.  How can I reference the help button and populate the help text via an Scontrol?

I am new to SalesForce and all this code.  Say I built a custom layout page and want to reference one of the help fields in the standard page layout (ie, email address), how would I capture the id/text in that field to display on the custom page using the sControl?

Many thanks if you can help me resolve this.

Sean.

Many thanks for your help

Sean.

Message Edited by Sean Dagger on 09-17-2007 05:27 AM

Is it possible to create a custom hover info box with the same hover feature provided by SFDC using the API / S-Control?  If there is, what is the code for on mouseover?