• 5 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need to modify a contact lookup to only display those contacts that belong to the account referenced by the page.  This is on a "standard" page display from a custom object that was created to store Account performance information.  I'm sure many others have had to create a filtered lookup and would love some feedback on the best way to accomplish this, visualForce page or s-control (or some other method)?  Any feedback, help, direction to resources is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
I have accounts that are assigned to regions.  Each region is comprised of several countries.  I want to create a custom object to build the relationship between country, region name, region number.  These change periodically, so I don't want to hard code them in a picklist.  I've been looking through these sites and haven't seen where anyone is populating a picklist from values in a "table" (aka custom object).  Can this be accomplished?  Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks-
Hi-
I'm trying to grab a list of contact records where the ownerID of the contact is not the same as the ownerID of the account the contact belongs to so I can fix these records (I now have a trigger in place to handle this).  Using the Apex Explorer, the following code throws an "unexpected token" error on the where clause.  What the heck am I doing wrong??  Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Code:
Select c.AccountId, c.Account.OwnerId, c.Id, c.OwnerId from Contact c  where 
c.OwnerId != c.Account.OwnerId

Is there a user type that is specifically designed for API usage so you don't have to worry about the password expiring in your application?  I've been using an admin login and I doubt that is a best practice....
Hi All-
   I'm a newbie and have created a couple of custom objects, and am creating a C# web form that the user completes to post data to the custom object.  All works fine except for the date and quantity field.  The date field is defined as a date in the custom object and the quantity field is defined as a number 3, 0.  I'm sure this is a formatting thing, but I've tired all kinds of date formatting and spent the last hour reading posts on this board without success.  Anyone that can point me in the right direction?

Code I'm using for the date field is:

customObjectName.Submitted_Date__c = DateTime.Today.Date;

And quantity field is:

customObjectName.Lost_Qty__c = int.Parse(txtLostQty.Text);

Thanks!

I have a report created that needs to be viewable as a chart on each account page layout, same report for every account, but it needs to be filtered by a custom field that is in the account object.  How can I accomplish this?  Do I need an s-control or can I accomplish with advanced filters? 

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Hi - I'm a new admin/developer and am trying to create a relationship between 2 custom objects making one the header and the other the detail of a report.  This report would be submitted by our dealer network and need to be uploaded to SF via the WebAPI.  The webform will allow the user to enter up to 10 records for reporting win/loss data.  It would be much like an invoice header/detail situation, but an occurence of only 1 report per dealer monthly.  Can someone point me in the right direction to an article, webcast, etc?

Many thanks in advance!!

This is probably a simple one...I have a custom VF page for leads that is launched from a custom lead summary page.  I want the ownerID field to display with the users info in read only mode when creating the lead.  Instead I'm getting a drop list box for "User" or "Queue" and a lookup field for the users name.  It seems as if the page doesn't realize it's a "create a new record" type of action.  I'm displaying the lead data summary on a page with this button to launch the custom page:

<apex:outputLink styleClass="btn" value="{!$Page.riceLeads}"> New Rice Lead</apex:outputLink>

Do I need to add something to indicate to the custom page that this is a new lead?

I am trying out some of the  discussions in the  SFDC cookbook and just not making any headway. Page 54 talks about overriding the Account Tab with a VF page based on the user's profile id. This seems easy enough however I would like to do this with a custom object, Contracts__c , that we in place. The steps outlined are;

1. Create  standard account page page

2. Create the custom account page

3. create the controller extension in a APEX class.

4. Add the  profiles via the Security settings for the new pages/

4. Override the Account tab with the page created in step 1.

For Step 1, I substituted our custom object instead of 'account':

<apex:page standardController="Contracts__c" extensions="overrideCon"

action="{!redirect}">

<apex:detail />

</apex:page>

However, when I go to the Contracts__c object to over ride the Contract tab the VF page that I created is not listed. I'm
embarrassed to even be asking this, but what I'm missing that this is not appearing in the drop down menu? Or can't this be done with custom objects in this manner?

Thanks.

Here's the controller extension right from the book:

public class overrideCon

{

String recordId;

public overrideCon(ApexPages.StandardController controller)

{

recordId = controller.getId();

}

public PageReference redirect()

{

Profile p = [select name from Profile where Id = :UserInfo.getProfileId()]; if('Symyx Support - Tools'.equals(p.name))

{

PageReference customPage = Page.customContractPage;

customPage.setRedirect(true);

customPage.getParameters().put('Id',recordId);

return customPage;

}

else

{

return null; }

}

Message Edited by Vegaln1 on 04-28-2009 08:06 AM
Running Office 2007 and Vista, anyone else had problems with fields not populating correctly?  I add a merge field to my document using the office connector and it appears to be the correct field, but populates the field with wrong data or no data?

Sample of my template:
<<ACCOUNT_NAME>>
<<ACCOUNT_BILLINGSTREET>>
<<ACCOUNT_BILLINGCITY>>
<<ACCOUNT_BILLINGSTATE>>  <<ACCOUNT_BILLINGPOSTALCODE>>

PHONE:  <<ACCOUNT_PHONE>>
FAX:        <<ACCOUNT_FAX>>
(other account details here in header section of page)

CONTACTS:
NAME                                                                           MOBILE                                                        HOME
<<CONTACTS_FIRSTNAME>>                        <<CONTACT_MOBILEPHONE>>             <<CONTACT_HOMEPHONE>>
  • September 12, 2008
Hi-
I'm trying to grab a list of contact records where the ownerID of the contact is not the same as the ownerID of the account the contact belongs to so I can fix these records (I now have a trigger in place to handle this).  Using the Apex Explorer, the following code throws an "unexpected token" error on the where clause.  What the heck am I doing wrong??  Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Code:
Select c.AccountId, c.Account.OwnerId, c.Id, c.OwnerId from Contact c  where 
c.OwnerId != c.Account.OwnerId

Is there a user type that is specifically designed for API usage so you don't have to worry about the password expiring in your application?  I've been using an admin login and I doubt that is a best practice....

Hi,

I have been using Salesforce the app now for about three months and really like it.  I am also a application developer and to be honest, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the various development tools that have coalesced around Salesforce.  To date I have successfully leveraged the Web Services API from a local C# application we have.  That was very straightforward, etc.  Over the last several days I have been working with Apex from the new, 3.3 Eclipse + Force.com toolkit.  I now have a good example of a trigger that calls a class that updates a Lead.  I have also built the required Unit Tests for deployment into our production environment. 

Next, I was hoping to use Visual Force for some GUI development, but it’s looking like these features are not commercially available yet.  So, then I start looking at s-controls, AJAX, JavaScript and my head explodes.  My question is this…where are all these API’s going?  When should we use Apex over all the technology surrounding s-controls?  It would be soooo helpful to see an API map that shows all the various options and when to use one over another.  I’m definitely suffering from the newbie syndrome, but others have to be hitting this info overload as well.

Can someone please help me understand when to use one API over another???  Something that is current???

Thanks,

-P

Hi All-
   I'm a newbie and have created a couple of custom objects, and am creating a C# web form that the user completes to post data to the custom object.  All works fine except for the date and quantity field.  The date field is defined as a date in the custom object and the quantity field is defined as a number 3, 0.  I'm sure this is a formatting thing, but I've tired all kinds of date formatting and spent the last hour reading posts on this board without success.  Anyone that can point me in the right direction?

Code I'm using for the date field is:

customObjectName.Submitted_Date__c = DateTime.Today.Date;

And quantity field is:

customObjectName.Lost_Qty__c = int.Parse(txtLostQty.Text);

Thanks!