• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello!

I have tried to use the new dependent picklist feature. In a normal VF Page everything works fine. But if I move the code to a VF componet the dependency is gone.

Is this a known issue or could it be that I made some mistakes?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Jochen

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with my problem concerning CMSForce and Customer Portal.

I have set HomePage as default Tab within Customer Portal. After login with a customer portal user I can see  the visual force page but not the content block items of the page. If I am using the same with sites everything works (without any login).

It seems that the customer portal user with his profile can't see the content block items. I have no more idea what to change to make the content block items appear.

I have checked the debug protocol and can see that the items were queried, so the controllers run.

Does anyone know this issue and can help me with it?

Thanks,

Jochen 

Hello,

is it possible to prevent users to change their passwords in salesforce. They should only be able to change their passwords with the LDAP Active Directory but not in Salesforce.

Thanks for your answers!

Best regards,
Jochen
Hello,

does anyone knows, when the Salesforce Lotus Notes Connector will support Version 8? We have customers that need this connector but are using the new Lotus Notes R8 Version.

Thanks for your help!
Jochen
Hello,

I'm sure this question has been asked from time to time, but I could not find the answer with my search strings:
Is there a specified execution order of apex triggers, workflow rules and validation rules?
I have some problems that depend on this execution order and need to know in wich squence these were executed.

Thanks for your help!
Jochen
Hello,

please help with my little problem using mail merge fields from Opportunity_LineItem in Word tables. The problem occurs only in word tables. I want to get all opportunity LineItems from one opportunity in one Word table. I'm using Opportunity_LineItem_Start and Opportunity_LineItem_End. It works wonderfull but if I put two fields in one cell of the table there is a strange behaviour of the mergefields:
What I write in one cell: <<Opportunity_LineItem_UnitPrice>> <<Opportunity_LineItem_Quantity>>
What I get is: 100 € <<Opportunity_LineItem_UnitPrice>> 1
What I want is: 100 € 1
This is an simplified example and demonstrates the problem really good.

I'm using Word 2003 with the recent SForceOffice Integration.

Perhaps this is a bug of Office Integration. Is there any workaround? Does anyone knows this problem?

Thanks!
Jochen
Hello!

I have some campaign names with german umlauts. If I klick the link to list all campaign members using /servlet/servlet.Integration the report doesn't find the campaign because the umlaut is missing in the name. It seems that the servlet can not work with campaign names containing umlauts.
Is there any workaround or must I change any setting to get this running?

Thanks,
Jochen
In the communitcation with a salesforce webservice I have trouble with the different length of account IDs. I get 18 digits and want to use 15 digits. The question now is: Is it always safe to cut off the last 3 digits to get the shorter ID? I mean with every ID in the salesforce.com area?

Thanks, Jochen

Message Edited by jochen5478 on 10-31-2007 10:53 AM

Hello!

I have tried to use the new dependent picklist feature. In a normal VF Page everything works fine. But if I move the code to a VF componet the dependency is gone.

Is this a known issue or could it be that I made some mistakes?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Jochen

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with my problem concerning CMSForce and Customer Portal.

I have set HomePage as default Tab within Customer Portal. After login with a customer portal user I can see  the visual force page but not the content block items of the page. If I am using the same with sites everything works (without any login).

It seems that the customer portal user with his profile can't see the content block items. I have no more idea what to change to make the content block items appear.

I have checked the debug protocol and can see that the items were queried, so the controllers run.

Does anyone know this issue and can help me with it?

Thanks,

Jochen 

Hello. I have a custom VF component which contains an <apex:selectList> component, as follows:

<apex:component controller="picklistController" id="compPickList">
<apex:attribute name="SystemEntity" description="" type="String" required="true" default="Account" assignTo="{!systemObject}"></apex:attribute>
<apex:attribute name="picklistField" description="" type="String" required="true" default="Type" assignTo="{!picklist_Field}"></apex:attribute>
<apex:attribute name="value" description="" type="String[]" required="true"></apex:attribute>
<apex:selectList id="ddlPickList" value="{!value}" multiselect="true" size="4">
<apex:selectOptions value="{!pickListOptions}"></apex:selectOptions>
</apex:selectList>
</apex:component>

The component's controller is obvious, so am skipping it for now.

The component acceps two attributes which it uses to populate the selectList options. I am using this component in a page and it works fine, i.e. am able to retrieve the selected values from the component into the page as long as am working with the pre-populated options, the code is as follows:

<apex:page controller="sampleCon" id="myPage"> <apex:form id="myForm"> <c:sObjectFieldPicklistComponent id="accountPicklist" value="{!accountIndustry}" picklistField="Ownership" systemEntity="Account" /> <apex:commandButton value="Test" action="{!SaveValues}" /> </apex:form> </apex:page>

I am again skipping the page controller code as it's obvious, but do let me know if you want to see it.

Now, the problem starts when I add dynamic <option> to this multi-select picklist through JavaScript, am able to add them in the browser on the client side, but when I click on the command button to submit the user selected values, the previously working code breaks, the values are not submitted, the execution never enters the action function (in this case - SaveValues()), and I get a message in the System Log window:

myPage:myForm:accountPicklist:compPickList:ddlPickList: Validation Error: Value is not valid

Any idea what's happening here? I am suspecting that the system (not me) is checking the submitted values against the viewstate and is throwing an error somewhere which I am unable to trap and trace.

Can someone please explain this behavior, and if possible, a solution to get this thing going?

Thanks in advance!

Ajay

Hello,

I'm sure this question has been asked from time to time, but I could not find the answer with my search strings:
Is there a specified execution order of apex triggers, workflow rules and validation rules?
I have some problems that depend on this execution order and need to know in wich squence these were executed.

Thanks for your help!
Jochen
In the communitcation with a salesforce webservice I have trouble with the different length of account IDs. I get 18 digits and want to use 15 digits. The question now is: Is it always safe to cut off the last 3 digits to get the shorter ID? I mean with every ID in the salesforce.com area?

Thanks, Jochen

Message Edited by jochen5478 on 10-31-2007 10:53 AM