• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

I'm involved in a project whereby I need to pull off certain Opportunity objects using the API to update an external database. For securoity reasons I'm only allowed to pull off certain objects with specific attributes so I'm wondering if there's a way of restricting access to certain records, similar to a View in a relational database.

The way I see this possibly working is:

1. Create a user called syncUser;
  2. Create a new 'view' object called syncOpportunity such as 'select * from Opportiunity where attribute = 'Sync';
  3. Grant read on syncOpportunity to syncUser.
Is there a way to do this in SalesForce?

Thanks

David
Hi

I'm pretty new to SalesForce development so I've a fairly simple question about formula calculations.

Very simple set up - A Job object that stores:

Account
Job Description
Billing Rate

A Task object that stores
Task Description
Start Date
End Date
Charge Amount

The Job object is the master of the Task Object in a master-detail relationship. All very straightforward.

In my Charge field I want to calculate how much to charge for a task. Simple formula:

Charge = (End Date - Start Date) * Billing Rate

But how do I get access to the billing rate on the master record? I simply cannot find a way of doing this. If I were using any sort of programming language it would be a doddle so I must have missed something here.

I also thought of transfering the Billing Rate from the Job to the Task whenever I created a new Task. I would have the Billing Rate as a hidden field on the Task and default it to the Billing Rate from the master Job record. I don't seem to be able to do that either.

Thanks

David
Hi

A client wants to integrate data stored outside Salesforce into a Salesforce page. For example a user selecting from a list is presented with information stored in Salesforce and on an external database.

Is it possible to insert custom code into Salesforce to do this sort of thing or can Salesforce only access it's own database?

I've looked at the Apex and web apis and I can't see that these would do it either. I've very new to Salesforce and would apprecaite it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

David
Hi

I've installed and configured the Generic SSO application and set it up to authenticate against my pop3 mail server. The URL I've set up in the configuration is:

http://www.interclasse.com/sso-salesforce.php?param=mail.domain.net:110/pop3

I then updated the standard user profile to enable SSO and create a new user under the standard user profile.

The activation email that was sent to my new user said to use my network password to log in.

However when I try to log in using that new user ID it tells me:

Your company's authentication service is currently down. Please contact the administrator at your company for more information.

I know that the mail server is working and accepting connections from my user ID. I've checked that the password is correct as well.

When I look in the SSO history I see a message that says:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope tag: br

for each login attempt. Can anyone explain what this means? Even better, how do I fix it??

Thanks

David
Hi

I've installed the Gneric SSO application into my developer SalesForce account. I can see the app. in my 'Installed Apps' list.

However when I try to follow the configuration information:

Code:
2/ Go to Setup|Company Profile|Company Information|SSO Gateway (URL) and put the URL as defined on this page 

The SSO Gateway field doesn't appear under the Company Information.

Does anyone know why not?

Thanks

David
Hi

I'm involved in a project whereby I need to pull off certain Opportunity objects using the API to update an external database. For securoity reasons I'm only allowed to pull off certain objects with specific attributes so I'm wondering if there's a way of restricting access to certain records, similar to a View in a relational database.

The way I see this possibly working is:

1. Create a user called syncUser;
  2. Create a new 'view' object called syncOpportunity such as 'select * from Opportiunity where attribute = 'Sync';
  3. Grant read on syncOpportunity to syncUser.
Is there a way to do this in SalesForce?

Thanks

David
Hi

I'm pretty new to SalesForce development so I've a fairly simple question about formula calculations.

Very simple set up - A Job object that stores:

Account
Job Description
Billing Rate

A Task object that stores
Task Description
Start Date
End Date
Charge Amount

The Job object is the master of the Task Object in a master-detail relationship. All very straightforward.

In my Charge field I want to calculate how much to charge for a task. Simple formula:

Charge = (End Date - Start Date) * Billing Rate

But how do I get access to the billing rate on the master record? I simply cannot find a way of doing this. If I were using any sort of programming language it would be a doddle so I must have missed something here.

I also thought of transfering the Billing Rate from the Job to the Task whenever I created a new Task. I would have the Billing Rate as a hidden field on the Task and default it to the Billing Rate from the master Job record. I don't seem to be able to do that either.

Thanks

David
Hi

A client wants to integrate data stored outside Salesforce into a Salesforce page. For example a user selecting from a list is presented with information stored in Salesforce and on an external database.

Is it possible to insert custom code into Salesforce to do this sort of thing or can Salesforce only access it's own database?

I've looked at the Apex and web apis and I can't see that these would do it either. I've very new to Salesforce and would apprecaite it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

David
Hi

I've installed the Gneric SSO application into my developer SalesForce account. I can see the app. in my 'Installed Apps' list.

However when I try to follow the configuration information:

Code:
2/ Go to Setup|Company Profile|Company Information|SSO Gateway (URL) and put the URL as defined on this page 

The SSO Gateway field doesn't appear under the Company Information.

Does anyone know why not?

Thanks

David