• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I am trying to integrate our internal database with salesforce.To Do this I have created a custom button in Contacts Tab.Once the user clicks that button it display the webpage from our server.Once the user queries the data and checks all the records I have to update SalesForce.

Since the user already has logged onto SalesForce I am just passing these two fields {!$Api.Enterprise_Server_URL_120},{!$Api.Session_ID} as querystring and I am writing the following lines of code in my webpage:

binding = new SforceService();

binding.Url =Request.QueryString[3];// This is the URL

binding.SessionHeaderValue = new TestSalesForceImplementationUsingGrid021108.SForce.SessionHeader();

binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = Request.QueryString[4];//This is the sessionId

I wanted to know if I am doing the right way or is there a better way to accomplish this.Please let me know since this will go into production later on ...............

Thanks,

Bharathi

Hi All,

Our company is in  the process of integrating our existing database with salesforce databse.I have created a custom Link that opens up a new web page and queries data from our database and updates salesforce database.I have added the Link into the Page Layout of the Contact Tab.I am able to see the Link in th custom Links sections when I view details of a particular contact.But when I create a New Record or I try to modify an existing record, I am unable to view the link.Please somebody help me and let me know what is the mistake I am making....This is really very important.

Thanks,

Bharathi

Hi All,

I have a workflow rule for the LEAD Object set as follows:

OR(ISCHANGED( LastModifiedDate ), ISCHANGED( ConvertedDate ) )

This triggers an Outbound Message whenever there is a change in any of the Lead Fields and Whenever a Lead is converted into a Contact.This formula is triggering the OutBound Message whenever the lastmodifieddate changes but it does not trigger the OutBound Message when a Lead is Converted into a Contact.Is there any other way we can trigger an OutBound Message when a Lead is Converted.

Any help in resolving this problem is appreciated...

Thanks,

Bharathi
Hi,

I am new to salesforce and pretty new to s-control.I want to populate some custom fields based on the values that are present in the Contacts.The code that I have written is as below:

<html>
<head>
<title></title>
<script>
var newurl="{!URLFOR($Action.Case.NewCase,null,
                                         [ eid= Contact.Id,
                                          cas15= Contact.Description,
                                           cas4= Account.Name,
                                           cas3= Contact.Name, 
                                          00N700000022TqG=Contact.User_Name__c,
                                           retURL=$Request.retURL ],true)}";
                                           window.parent.location.replace(newurl);
</script>
</head>

I am getting an error on the line after cas3 since that is the id of the custom field.Could somebody help me out on this and tell me how to solve the problem.Or is there any other way this can be accomplished.

Thanks,

Bharathi

Hi All,

Our company is in  the process of integrating our existing database with salesforce databse.I have created a custom Link that opens up a new web page and queries data from our database and updates salesforce database.I have added the Link into the Page Layout of the Contact Tab.I am able to see the Link in th custom Links sections when I view details of a particular contact.But when I create a New Record or I try to modify an existing record, I am unable to view the link.Please somebody help me and let me know what is the mistake I am making....This is really very important.

Thanks,

Bharathi

Instead of getting the values for two columns (Id and CreatedDate) I am getting only 1 column called “length” with the numbers of the length.

What I am doing wron here??

Private Function GetData() As Boolean

Cursor = Cursors.WaitCursor

Dim qr As sForce.QueryResult

Dim queryString As String

Dim list As System.Collections.ArrayList = New System.Collections.ArrayList

queryString = "select Id, CreatedDate from TH_Revenue_Totals__c"

Try

qr = binding.query(queryString)

If Not qr.records Is Nothing Then

Dim i As Integer

For i = 0 To qr.records.Length - 1

Dim rs As sForce.TH_Revenue_Totals__c

rs = qr.records(i)

list.Add(rs.Id.ToString)

list.Add(rs.CreatedDate.ToString)

Next

DataGrid1.DataSource = list

GetData = True

Else

GetData = False

End If

Return GetData

Catch ex As Exception

lblStatus.Text = ex.Message

Finally

Cursor = Cursors.Default

End Try

End Function

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click

Call GetData()

End Sub

Hi,

I am new to salesforce and pretty new to s-control.I want to populate some custom fields based on the values that are present in the Contacts.The code that I have written is as below:

<html>
<head>
<title></title>
<script>
var newurl="{!URLFOR($Action.Case.NewCase,null,
                                         [ eid= Contact.Id,
                                          cas15= Contact.Description,
                                           cas4= Account.Name,
                                           cas3= Contact.Name, 
                                          00N700000022TqG=Contact.User_Name__c,
                                           retURL=$Request.retURL ],true)}";
                                           window.parent.location.replace(newurl);
</script>
</head>

I am getting an error on the line after cas3 since that is the id of the custom field.Could somebody help me out on this and tell me how to solve the problem.Or is there any other way this can be accomplished.

Thanks,

Bharathi