• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
What Salesforce is telling me- hopefully can't be true.
Here is what I need to do:

I want to add new products to my opportunity. I go to my opportunity- go to products and select new. I enter my detail and then want to schedule this product. It won't let me, it tells me scheduling is not enabled.

I had gone to my set up- products- scheduling and enabled revenue scheduling. I also tried to enable scheduling for all products, but when I check the box, and go back to look at it- it becomes unchecked.

So...What salesforce is telling me is that I can't tell the system to always enable scheduling, so when I create a new product, I add a schedule right there and I'm done. INSTEAD I have to add my product, save it, then go back to Setup- Customize- Products- Scehduling- Enable Schedule- hit save, go BACK to the product I just created and then put my schedule in.

THere is absolutely no way I can train my sales reps to do all these steps. It doesn't make any sense. Can anyone help or explain???
    Is there a way to use the same list over again for multiple objects?

I want three dropdowns.Base Fee 1, Base Fee 2 ad Base Fee 3 all fields within my Price Object I created. I want to have a dropdown (Onetime, hourly, Quarter, Yearly).

So, it is possible to have three types of Base fee's. The user could pick Base Fee 1 (dropdown as Yearly) and then put Base 1 amount, then choose Base Fee 2 (monthly) and put Base 2 amount.

My question is, do I have to create 3 different fields (all have the same dropdown choices) or can I create one Base Fee field and put it on the form 3 times?

Also, can I create Base Fee as an object instead of a field and imbed this within the pricing tab (which is the price object)?

I don't know Apex yet, so I'm trying to do this without Apex.

I'm running into multiple situations where I have a dropdown source that I want to reuse and I can't seem to figure out how to reuse it, especially if it is a large list...

Help! I'm new to Saleforce and Apex. I just had something happen in our production and I have no control over it. I need to know how to create a trigger based on a date.

Our company launched a Trial Version of a product, the user fills out the form and the Lead goes into Salesforce. I created a field that adds 'x' days onto the create date and that is the expired date calculated field. The indicator = "Y" and when the expired date is reached I want to change Indicator to "N".  All fields (expired date field, and Indicator field) are in Leads.

I don't have time to search all blogs and find the answer. I have never created a trigger before. I created a workflow, but this only seems to work when the record is created or edited, I need something that knows what day it is and then changes the indicator field.

Can anyone help?
    I am new to Salesforce development. I have not learned APEX yet, but am planning on learning it.

I have a situation where duplicate accounts are multplying like crazy.

1) I found a solution online where you can override the 'new' account button to force users to search for an account before entering a new one. This would help, but the code is not working. When I hit 'Check' or 'New' it locks up and then kicks me out of salesforce and makes me log in again. This happens over and over

Here is the website where I got the code: http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Avoid_Create_duplicated_Account_Name

2) If #1 above could work, this would at least help me.
3) Another issue we have is that a  company could be called ABC Co, ABC inc, or Alpha Beta Delta inc. Obvisouly if the account in salesforce was listed as Alpha Beta Delta inc, then if someone searched for ABC inc.,it would not show up since the account was under the long name and not the short name.

Therefore, I developed something off-line in Excel that reads a report from Salesforce and the user enters the E-mail Domain of the company they are searching for. If the e-mail domain exists for more than one company AND the company does not have a parent, the VBA code spits out an error report.If the e-mail domian exists and only exists for one company then it tells them the account ID and account owner for that account and the user can search under Account ID in salesforce rather than account name

So... Basically #1 would get me way further than we are today. I am having trouble forcing people to search for accounts, which means that # 3 is pretty useless since they are not searching for accounts anyway.

The pie in the sky solution would be to have #1, combined with #3.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, the duplicates probably doubled just in the time I wrote this message!
What Salesforce is telling me- hopefully can't be true.
Here is what I need to do:

I want to add new products to my opportunity. I go to my opportunity- go to products and select new. I enter my detail and then want to schedule this product. It won't let me, it tells me scheduling is not enabled.

I had gone to my set up- products- scheduling and enabled revenue scheduling. I also tried to enable scheduling for all products, but when I check the box, and go back to look at it- it becomes unchecked.

So...What salesforce is telling me is that I can't tell the system to always enable scheduling, so when I create a new product, I add a schedule right there and I'm done. INSTEAD I have to add my product, save it, then go back to Setup- Customize- Products- Scehduling- Enable Schedule- hit save, go BACK to the product I just created and then put my schedule in.

THere is absolutely no way I can train my sales reps to do all these steps. It doesn't make any sense. Can anyone help or explain???
I need to create a roll-up summary field that looks at a date field on the Opportunity page.  I'd like to have the criteria read:  Show Closing Date greater than TODAY.

Unfortunately, it won't allow me to use TODAY.

Anyone know of a work around to this?

My goal is to find Accounts that do not have future opportunities.

Thank you.
Hi all,

On our opportunity object we have a formula field called "Monthly value" which returns a currency. The formula looks like this (Contract_length_mth__c is a picklist):

Amount  /  VALUE(CASE(Contract_length_mth__c, "1", "1", "3", "3", "6", "6", "9", "9", "12", "12", "15", "15", "18", "18", "21", "21","24", "24", "36", "36", "0"))

Now, on our account object I want to create a field called "Monthly value total" which is a sum of the field above for a certain set of opportunities defined by a filter. According to SFDC's Help & Training section that should be possible:

"Roll-up summary fields can calculate the values of formula fields if they do not contain functions that automatically derive values on the fly, such as NOW or TODAY."

My formula above does not (to my knowledge) use any automatically generated values. However, when creating the roll-up summary field on account and selecting opportunity as the object to summarize (using SUM) only 4 values appear for me to select and none of them is my formula field Monthly value.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

/Søren Nødskov Hansen
    Is there a way to use the same list over again for multiple objects?

I want three dropdowns.Base Fee 1, Base Fee 2 ad Base Fee 3 all fields within my Price Object I created. I want to have a dropdown (Onetime, hourly, Quarter, Yearly).

So, it is possible to have three types of Base fee's. The user could pick Base Fee 1 (dropdown as Yearly) and then put Base 1 amount, then choose Base Fee 2 (monthly) and put Base 2 amount.

My question is, do I have to create 3 different fields (all have the same dropdown choices) or can I create one Base Fee field and put it on the form 3 times?

Also, can I create Base Fee as an object instead of a field and imbed this within the pricing tab (which is the price object)?

I don't know Apex yet, so I'm trying to do this without Apex.

I'm running into multiple situations where I have a dropdown source that I want to reuse and I can't seem to figure out how to reuse it, especially if it is a large list...

Help! I'm new to Saleforce and Apex. I just had something happen in our production and I have no control over it. I need to know how to create a trigger based on a date.

Our company launched a Trial Version of a product, the user fills out the form and the Lead goes into Salesforce. I created a field that adds 'x' days onto the create date and that is the expired date calculated field. The indicator = "Y" and when the expired date is reached I want to change Indicator to "N".  All fields (expired date field, and Indicator field) are in Leads.

I don't have time to search all blogs and find the answer. I have never created a trigger before. I created a workflow, but this only seems to work when the record is created or edited, I need something that knows what day it is and then changes the indicator field.

Can anyone help?
    I am new to Salesforce development. I have not learned APEX yet, but am planning on learning it.

I have a situation where duplicate accounts are multplying like crazy.

1) I found a solution online where you can override the 'new' account button to force users to search for an account before entering a new one. This would help, but the code is not working. When I hit 'Check' or 'New' it locks up and then kicks me out of salesforce and makes me log in again. This happens over and over

Here is the website where I got the code: http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Avoid_Create_duplicated_Account_Name

2) If #1 above could work, this would at least help me.
3) Another issue we have is that a  company could be called ABC Co, ABC inc, or Alpha Beta Delta inc. Obvisouly if the account in salesforce was listed as Alpha Beta Delta inc, then if someone searched for ABC inc.,it would not show up since the account was under the long name and not the short name.

Therefore, I developed something off-line in Excel that reads a report from Salesforce and the user enters the E-mail Domain of the company they are searching for. If the e-mail domain exists for more than one company AND the company does not have a parent, the VBA code spits out an error report.If the e-mail domian exists and only exists for one company then it tells them the account ID and account owner for that account and the user can search under Account ID in salesforce rather than account name

So... Basically #1 would get me way further than we are today. I am having trouble forcing people to search for accounts, which means that # 3 is pretty useless since they are not searching for accounts anyway.

The pie in the sky solution would be to have #1, combined with #3.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, the duplicates probably doubled just in the time I wrote this message!