• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a custom object where we store information about machines we sell, so we have a custom lookup field in this object related to Accounts. Our Accounts page layout includes a related list to the custom object which displays the list of any machines sold to the account. I'm trying to create a list view in Accounts that will include fields from the custom object, for both displaying the field when running the view and using as filters when creating the view. At this point there are no custom object fields available for a list view. I tried creating a new custom Lookup Relationship field in Accounts related to the custom object, where Accounts is the child relationship name, but still no custom object fields are available. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Could some please help me figure this out. Thanks much.
Is it possible to simply create a custom button in a list view using a URL content source that will open selected records in a Google map with markers? I've been able to get the button to open a google map, but can't figure out how to bring in the records selected from my list view, or if it's even possible without a bunch of other customizations. I tried installing the "Salesforce International Mapping using Google Maps" off appexchange, but frankly was overwhelmed with all the pages, components, etc. that creates. Thanks for any help. Dave

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'd like to have a custom field in Opportunities that will return a number value based on if there exists any Open Activities.  I'd like the result to return a negative value representing days past due, or a positive value representing days in the future.

For the life of me I can't see how to do this when creating a new calculated field, since there seem to be no references to the Task/Activity fields in the drop downs when adding fields to a calculation.  Could anyone walk me through setting this up if it's possible, or let me know if not. 

Thanks much.

Dave

I'm rather new here and not sure if this question fits this board, but need to start somewhere.

We've created a custom auto-number field on our Opportunities tab, which we use to generate a quotation number when a new opportunity is logged.  So even if the opportunity isn't at the quoting stage, we'll have a quote number to use once it is at the quoting phase.

The problem is we have several existing opportunities(prior to the auto-number field), which are not at our quoting stage yet, and therefore have no quote number associated with it yet. 

My question is two fold...First, is there a way to trigger the auto-number if changing the stage at some point?  Second, can an auto number field be editable, and if so how?

Any help if much appreciated.

Thank you,

Dave

I've been looking through some other posts but struggling with a solution for this, and I'm running short on time, so sorry if I've overlooked another post to answer this.  I'm not terribly technical, but know just enough to get myself into trouble trying.

I have two custom fields in our Leads tab.  Field A is a pick-list with about 15 different codes, such as AW, AIM, ATP, DC, GH, etc...  Field B I'm trying to populate automatically with specific (and of course non-variable) information related to those codes in Field A, but the information is not stored anywhere else in Salesforce. 
For example;
IF Field A=AW, then Field B= Abcdefg 
                                                Abcdefg

We need the information to populate on up to 4 different lines in the field.  We would then include Field B to include with an extended mail merge.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Message Edited by dstonesifer on 08-20-2008 12:33 PM
We have a custom object where we store information about machines we sell, so we have a custom lookup field in this object related to Accounts. Our Accounts page layout includes a related list to the custom object which displays the list of any machines sold to the account. I'm trying to create a list view in Accounts that will include fields from the custom object, for both displaying the field when running the view and using as filters when creating the view. At this point there are no custom object fields available for a list view. I tried creating a new custom Lookup Relationship field in Accounts related to the custom object, where Accounts is the child relationship name, but still no custom object fields are available. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Could some please help me figure this out. Thanks much.
Is it possible to simply create a custom button in a list view using a URL content source that will open selected records in a Google map with markers? I've been able to get the button to open a google map, but can't figure out how to bring in the records selected from my list view, or if it's even possible without a bunch of other customizations. I tried installing the "Salesforce International Mapping using Google Maps" off appexchange, but frankly was overwhelmed with all the pages, components, etc. that creates. Thanks for any help. Dave

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'd like to have a custom field in Opportunities that will return a number value based on if there exists any Open Activities.  I'd like the result to return a negative value representing days past due, or a positive value representing days in the future.

For the life of me I can't see how to do this when creating a new calculated field, since there seem to be no references to the Task/Activity fields in the drop downs when adding fields to a calculation.  Could anyone walk me through setting this up if it's possible, or let me know if not. 

Thanks much.

Dave

I'm rather new here and not sure if this question fits this board, but need to start somewhere.

We've created a custom auto-number field on our Opportunities tab, which we use to generate a quotation number when a new opportunity is logged.  So even if the opportunity isn't at the quoting stage, we'll have a quote number to use once it is at the quoting phase.

The problem is we have several existing opportunities(prior to the auto-number field), which are not at our quoting stage yet, and therefore have no quote number associated with it yet. 

My question is two fold...First, is there a way to trigger the auto-number if changing the stage at some point?  Second, can an auto number field be editable, and if so how?

Any help if much appreciated.

Thank you,

Dave