• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm creating a VF page for Solutions but the SolutionName and SolutionNote input fields display way too small.

In the regular screens they display quite large and there is room for plenty of text to be entered before anything starts scrolling.

Am I missing some parameter screen where you can specify the input field width ?  Is it something you can do in Apex ?

Hello,

Does any one know how to use code folding/collasping in eclipse similar to how Visual Studio or Notepad++?

I have an org with a lot of apex code.  I use the Run All Tests button in the Apex Classes section.  I've noticed sometimes I get the test results back and sometimes I don't.  The page just continues to display the message "Running Tests..."

Does anyone know why this is happening?  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the connection time out (I have alot of tests to run).

I have a custom button that does some basic logic and then returns the user to the contract view page.  It puts the user at the top of the contract page but i would like if it can make the page load right at the related list section.  (An example of how this works is when you go to a wikipeida page and click on a Table of contents hyperlink).

Does anyone know how you can do this?  (maybe with the hash # symbol)

Hello,

I'm attaching a custom button to the account page that opens a new window which is Visual Force.  I want the user to enter in information, click a submit button, and then update the account and refresh the account page.  Is there anyway I can do this?

I've tried some Javascript but I get a  permission denied error.

hello all,

here's an example of my question:

in the controller i have some code:
Code:
public integer getAgeOfUser(boolean isUserOldPerson)
{
 //blah blah blah
return age; }

now on the the visualforce page, you can reference controller functions using mergefields. so the function above (if it received no agruments) would be {!AgeOfUser}.  i want to use javascript variables and pass them to this function so the function can operate on the arguments and then return a result.

how would you accomplish this with mergefields and javascript?

I'm trying to override the new and edit pages for contracts with a vf page.  The difference between the standard new/edit page and my vf page is that i'll have an extra component that asks for non-contract related data.  Instead of having to recreate the contract page from scratch piece-by-piece i want to simply include the detail page in edit mode and then add my component to the page.  is there a way to accomplilsh this?
hello all,

i have simple question for you all (hopefully its simple)

ive created a a small visualforce pageblocktable an added to the account pagelayout.

when it displays on the account page it shows the table but underneath the table is a block of white space

anyone know how to get rid of that? anyone else have this formatting error?
Hello all,

I'm find myself with having the task of creating a duplicate contract object.  I wanted to know if there is an easy way to do this in the force.com ide or maybe through an api program.

I would hate to have to create manually every single field for a contract.
I ran into this problem when designing a class.  the pseudo code is basically

if (recordtype=software) then work on fields that are for software
else if (recordtype=hardware) then work on fields that are for hardware

the problem is: I don't know what data type to use to compare to record types
i've tried strings, integers, and doubles but i keep getting an illegal data type error.

i'm thinking it has something to do with mapping but its still not making sense because mapping uses the primitive data types

hmm... now that i think about it... i guess the question should be what primitive data members make up a recordtype class?

anyone have any input on this issue?
  • September 04, 2008
hello all,

sorry in advance for such a stupid simple question but this is really stumping me.

i am trying to use the force.com IDE with eclipse and the instructions i have says to: 'make sure you have apex code enabled before creating any apex classes or triggers'...

i cannot tell if i have apex code enabled in my developer addition.  i can't figure out how to enable it if its not enabled.

anyone have any clues? ive been searching the forums here and google to see if anyone has had this question but it seems like im the only one... it has to be something simple that i am missing.
  • September 02, 2008
hello all,

i've been reading the reference guide and tutrorials on using apex and i wanted to spread my wings to see what i could do.  i created 4 custom objects and have some psuedocode for the relationship between the objects.

my problem is that i can't see anywhere inside of the salesforce ui to associate a trigger with a custom object... only standard objects.

is apex triggers only for standard objects?

Can someone please help me remove the default formatting (or reformat) the apex:inputText and other similar tags (apex:inputCheckbox, etc)?  I am attempting to format my page to look like the basic sales force format that you see with standard objects such as apex:inputField, but the spacing that apex:inputText is adding is causing major headaches for me.  Where is this formatting created, and how do I override it?

Thanks

I have an org with a lot of apex code.  I use the Run All Tests button in the Apex Classes section.  I've noticed sometimes I get the test results back and sometimes I don't.  The page just continues to display the message "Running Tests..."

Does anyone know why this is happening?  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the connection time out (I have alot of tests to run).

Hello,

I'm attaching a custom button to the account page that opens a new window which is Visual Force.  I want the user to enter in information, click a submit button, and then update the account and refresh the account page.  Is there anyway I can do this?

I've tried some Javascript but I get a  permission denied error.

I'm creating a VF page for Solutions but the SolutionName and SolutionNote input fields display way too small.

In the regular screens they display quite large and there is room for plenty of text to be entered before anything starts scrolling.

Am I missing some parameter screen where you can specify the input field width ?  Is it something you can do in Apex ?

Hi all,

I'd like to override the New/Edit and View actions with the same VF page. Is this possible? If so, how do I detect when I'm in the 'new' mode, edit mode and view mode?

I can see that new gets passed a save_new=1 param. Is that the best indicator? what about View vs edit?

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

Vijay

• April 08, 2009
I read the suggestion about embedding a visualforce page in a standard layout.  It seems like a great solution for a user story I am working on  I tried it and I am seeing some unusual behavior and I am not sure if it is a limitation on the capability or I have coded the page incorrectly. 
My page contains a pageBlockTable.  One of the columns in the table references another object.  The first issue I see is if there are more than 3 rows in the table, the rows beyond 3 are not displayed although I see them if I run the visualforce page outside of the standard page layout.  The second issue I see is if I hover over the link, the bubble containing the mini page is cut off.
Is there something I should do in the visualpage to scale it?  Or is there something I need to do to the page layout to increase the size of the section where I placed the visualforce page?
  • December 08, 2008
I was doing a Force.com Cookbook exercise.  I have successfully built other things in our work environment.
I connected to the server to load a new class into the src.
After cutting and pasting from the pdf into hte Force IDE and saving, I received this error.  Any ideas?

Errors (1 item)
Save error: An error occurred on your page.     Mass Email/src/classes    newOpportunityController.cls    line 0    1228663561720    9

Warnings (2 items)
File only saved locally, not to server                Mass Email/src/classes    newOpportunityController.cls    line 1    1228659437957    5
Save error: Associate metadata or source file failed to save.  File only saved locally, not to Salesforce.   
                                                                   Mass Email/src/classes    newOpportunityController.cls-meta.xml    line 1    1228663561720    10

Thanks
I'm trying to override the new and edit pages for contracts with a vf page.  The difference between the standard new/edit page and my vf page is that i'll have an extra component that asks for non-contract related data.  Instead of having to recreate the contract page from scratch piece-by-piece i want to simply include the detail page in edit mode and then add my component to the page.  is there a way to accomplilsh this?
hello all,

i have simple question for you all (hopefully its simple)

ive created a a small visualforce pageblocktable an added to the account pagelayout.

when it displays on the account page it shows the table but underneath the table is a block of white space

anyone know how to get rid of that? anyone else have this formatting error?
Hello all,

I'm find myself with having the task of creating a duplicate contract object.  I wanted to know if there is an easy way to do this in the force.com ide or maybe through an api program.

I would hate to have to create manually every single field for a contract.
public class newaccount
{
public static void createaccount()
{
Account a= new Account();
a.Name='katta';
a.Phone='90909090';
insert a;
}

when i go back a see the accounts the account which i have creatwed thru the code is not present.
help me out on this?let me know like it can't be reflected to the dbor what?
send me the sample code for making this to happen because iam new to this sfdc and trying to learn
I ran into this problem when designing a class.  the pseudo code is basically

if (recordtype=software) then work on fields that are for software
else if (recordtype=hardware) then work on fields that are for hardware

the problem is: I don't know what data type to use to compare to record types
i've tried strings, integers, and doubles but i keep getting an illegal data type error.

i'm thinking it has something to do with mapping but its still not making sense because mapping uses the primitive data types

hmm... now that i think about it... i guess the question should be what primitive data members make up a recordtype class?

anyone have any input on this issue?
  • September 04, 2008
hello all,

sorry in advance for such a stupid simple question but this is really stumping me.

i am trying to use the force.com IDE with eclipse and the instructions i have says to: 'make sure you have apex code enabled before creating any apex classes or triggers'...

i cannot tell if i have apex code enabled in my developer addition.  i can't figure out how to enable it if its not enabled.

anyone have any clues? ive been searching the forums here and google to see if anyone has had this question but it seems like im the only one... it has to be something simple that i am missing.
  • September 02, 2008
hello all,

i've been reading the reference guide and tutrorials on using apex and i wanted to spread my wings to see what i could do.  i created 4 custom objects and have some psuedocode for the relationship between the objects.

my problem is that i can't see anywhere inside of the salesforce ui to associate a trigger with a custom object... only standard objects.

is apex triggers only for standard objects?