• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
With the upcoming "Launch Flows from Workflow Rules" in Spring '14, will the flows run in user context (as Flows currently do) or system context (as workflow currently does)?

I want to create a variable that can properly concatenate names with formatting. I have a loop in the flow that allows users to enter in contact info, the it creates a contact and takes the user back to the entry screen again. I want to make a list of all the last names, so that it ends up something like "The Jane, John, and Don Household".

I can add two variables together, so that the variable becomes "Jane,John,andDon", but whenever I try to add a space between two values using the "add" function, the cloud designer removes the space. I can't figure out how to tell it to add a spaces before or after a value when concatenating two values. Surely there must be a way.

I am trying to publish a Flow embedded in a VF page as a Sites page, but I keep getting an authorization error. Even when I use a test flow of just a single screen and no database interaction I get an error, so I know it isn't the content of the Flow itself that is the problem. All the other non-Flow VF pages accessible from the site work just fine, so the site itself is working OK. The VF page (and it's controller) is listed in the "enable visualforce page access" for the public user profile of the site, so I know it isn't access to just the VF page, either. This is the most simple VF page possible - The only thing in the VF page is:

<apex:page Controller="FlowTesterController">
<flow:interview name="Tester"/>
</apex:page>

and the class is simply:

public class FlowTesterController {
    public Flow.Interview.Tester myflow {get;set;}
}

Nevertheless, I keep getting the page "Authorization Required - You must first log in or register before accessing this page."

What else could affect the public permissions to show a Flow on Sites?

I want to have a lead field that counts the number of specific types of campaigns that someone is in.  We can't create a rollup from campaign member to lead, but since I import the campaign results (including lead information) from a file every time I could do something with workflow.  I can't import a number to a field and have it just automatically added to whatever value might already be there, so here's my thought:

• create two number fields on the lead: "campaign count" & "count control"
  • create a workflow rule which executes whenever "count control" is changed. I will import a number into this field whenever I want to add (or subtract) to "campaign count"
  • workflow contains two field update actions
  • the first adds the number in "count control" to the number in "campaign count" (updating "campaign count")
  • the second deletes the value that is in "count control".  this is so that next time I update this field i know that the value will be different/changed and the workflow rule will trigger each time, and so that I don't have to do two separate manual updates (one to populate the value and another to clear it later)

However, we supposedly cannot control the order of execution of workflow rules.  So, my question is, can I be sure that the number I insert into "count control" will always be used by the first field update?  In other words, is there a chance that the second rule will clear out the value from "count control" before the first rule tries to use it?  Salesforce doesn't seem to publish any information about how workflow rules are executed except that we can't control it.    Yes, I supposed this could be done by an apex trigger, but I figured this is such a nice solution that I'd see if anyone has a thought as to the reliability of this solution (or a better one!).

I want a button to convert a lead to appear on a standard lead page layout, but only under certain conditions.  I'm trying to come up with a next-generation way of doing this so that I don't have to create multiple record types and page layouts whose only difference is whether a single button appears (and logic to drive switching record types, etc.).  I'm (obviously) new at VF, but perhaps this example can help others as well.

I've tried to create a simple visualforce page that I can include on a standard layout.  The page/button appears once I add it to a layout, but it's pretty difficult finding references to exactly how the related button syntax is supposed to work.  My example is below.

<apex:page StandardController="Lead" id="ConvertButton">
<apex:form>
<apex:commandButton action="/lead/leadconvert.jsp?retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&id={!Lead.Id}" value="ConvertIt" disabled="{!IF(Lead.Application_Complete__c, 'true', 'false')}"/>
</apex:form>

(I have a checkbox called "Application Complete" on the Lead object.)

1. Is there a standard lead action I can use or do I have to build my own button with my own URL?  I can't find any reference to how to make {!Action.Lead.Convert} work here, for instance.  Is that possible?  It seems like it should but no matter what I try I get a message like "Error: Unknown method 'LeadStandardController.Convert()' " when I try to save the VF page.
  2. How do I get the URL to launch a new page?  When clicking on the button all I get is a page launched within the tiny space where the visualforce page is inserted into the standard layout.  I can't find a reference as to how to make it launch into a full new page.
  3. I can't seem to get the IF statement to work properly.  It doesn't generate an error when creating the visualforce page, but it doesn't disable/enable the button properly either.  I also tried using "NOT", but without success.  Can someone provide an example of how to make these logical functions work properly in this situation?
  4. I'd like to see this example work (if it is possible) in order to understand VF better, but if there is a better way to achieve my goal I'd also like to hear it.

Message Edited by benderguy on 05-01-2009 09:23 AM
Message Edited by benderguy on 05-01-2009 09:24 AM

I have a custom controller for a visualforce (VF) page, and I want to be able to run a method on that controller multiple times from the VF page with different parameters (method takes multiple parameters), displaying the results of each method call on the VF page (method output is a string).  Sounds simple, but I cannot figure out how to execute an apex method with parameters from VF.  If someone has a solution for this, or perhaps an alternative, please post an outline of how the VF and apex controller code should look.

My goal is to create a new contact from an existing account and have the address of the account populate the "Other" address fields in Salesforce, instead of the "Mailing" address fields as it does by default.  (You'll run into the same problem I describe here also if you want no address populated as well.)  I've spoken to a few people, and even had an SFDC engineer provide some suggestions, but still have a problem.  He suggested I post my question here.

To make this happen, I've created a new button on the Contacts list section of the Account page (right next to the default "New Contact" button there) (there are other ways to do this as well, like via s-controls, but this is the simplest for testing the solution.):

Display Type: List Button
Behavior: Display in existing window without sidebar or header
content source: URL
code:
https://na6.salesforce.com/003/e?retURL=/{!Account.Id }&
con18street={!Account.BillingStreet}&
con18city={!Account.BillingCity}&
con18state={!Account.BillingState}&
con18zip={!Account.BillingPostalCode}&
con18country={!Account.BillingCountry}&
con10={!Account.Phone}&
con11={!Account.Fax}&
con4={!Account.Name}

(The con18 fields are the Other address fields on the Contact edit page.)
When you use this button, however, it still automatically populates the Mailing address fields with the Account address.  In fact, even if I add to the URL to explicitly blank out the Mailing address fields, like this:

https://na6.salesforce.com/003/e?retURL=/{!Account.Id }&
con18street={!Account.BillingStreet}&con19street=&
con18city={!Account.BillingCity}&con19city=&
con18state={!Account.BillingState}&con19state=&
con18zip={!Account.BillingPostalCode}&con19zip=&
con18country={!Account.BillingCountry}&con19country=&
con10={!Account.Phone}&
con11={!Account.Fax}&
con4={!Account.Name}

(the con19 fields are thhe Mailing address fields on the Contact edit page)
it still populates the Mailing address fields.  However, if I change the above URL to include something like

...&con19country=x&...

(and not change any of the other code from the above example), it does not populate the Mailing address fields (other than that now Mailing Country = x.)

SO...

There must be some script on the page that looks up the provided account name, finds its address info, and puts it into the Mailing address fields on the account unless any Mailing address is provided.  Note that I am not even passing the "id=" parameter, either.

It is pretty annoying that SFDC just assumes that you need to have the mailing address populated on the Account Contact with a specific address from the Account, without providing any opportunity to change that functionality.  Sure, I could rename all the fields, or build some kind of record save workflow to blank out the fields, but those aren't really very good solutions.

Does anyone know how to override this Mailing address population activity or have a better solution? 

With the upcoming "Launch Flows from Workflow Rules" in Spring '14, will the flows run in user context (as Flows currently do) or system context (as workflow currently does)?

hi all, 

Since the activation of a critical update (Block custom links or custom buttons that contain invalid URLs) we are not able to use any Custom Button using the URLFOR function ! 

Buttons are still in page layouts but yet inactive ! 

For example this (List button type URL) 

{!URLFOR($Action.Account.New,Opportunity.Id,[retURL="Account.Id"])} 

doesn't work ! 

Any hints ? 

Thanxxx

I am trying to publish a Flow embedded in a VF page as a Sites page, but I keep getting an authorization error. Even when I use a test flow of just a single screen and no database interaction I get an error, so I know it isn't the content of the Flow itself that is the problem. All the other non-Flow VF pages accessible from the site work just fine, so the site itself is working OK. The VF page (and it's controller) is listed in the "enable visualforce page access" for the public user profile of the site, so I know it isn't access to just the VF page, either. This is the most simple VF page possible - The only thing in the VF page is:

<apex:page Controller="FlowTesterController">
<flow:interview name="Tester"/>

and the class is simply:

public class FlowTesterController {
    public Flow.Interview.Tester myflow {get;set;}
}

Nevertheless, I keep getting the page "Authorization Required - You must first log in or register before accessing this page."

What else could affect the public permissions to show a Flow on Sites?

I'm designing some flows for which I'd like the finishLocation behavior to change depending on the path of the flow.  Depending what happens in the flow, I need users to end up at different pages when the flow is over.  Is there a way to do that without writing custom code?

• February 13, 2012

Hey all,

Taking my first plunge into VisualFlow. I've bashed together a lil proof of concept and it's all working fine bar one thing.

What I'd like is that when the flow finishes, the user is taken to another VisualForce page. This Visualforce page is passed a parameter that has the value of a variable in the flow. This is how I'm currently trying to do it:

In the VF page:

<flow:interview name="Test_1" interview="{!myflow}" finishLocation="{!EndPage}"/>

In the controller for this page:

public PageReference getEndPage() {
        PageReference pageRef = Page.EndOrder;
         String oid =myflow.vOrder;
         pageRef.getParameters().put('order', oid);   
            return pageRef;
    }

where vOrder is a variable set in the flow.

But when I try and load the VF page I get the following error:

System.FlowException: Interview not started

How can I get the variable value that I can pass as a parameter to the follow page?

Thanks

Hi,

Please help me to create a report that display all the users who have not created any opportunity in last 7 days.

• September 20, 2010

Hi.

I am new to all this and downloaded the free firefly software to tryout designing spark's for use within out process control system, how can I connect to local PC data sources, ODBC, Excel, Access etc, the only connection I can see in the combo box is salesforce.com.

PS I am finding the whole concept of this really exciting, not started much yet..Early days!!!

Thank you in advance for any advice

Mike

Hi All,

When a user updates their opportunity close date, it does not affect the schedule dates associated with a product when the product was created. So, if the user doesn't update the schedule dates, reports could show billing to start before the opportunity is projected to close or revenue now showing up in the wrong quarter/year.  A single opportunity can have multiple products and it is time consuming to update the individual schedule of every product associated with an opportunity.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to push out schedule dates based upon a change in close date.

Thanks.

Aiden