• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there something about force.com that does not allow SMS messages or certain domains to come in? I am using a gateway to change the sms to email, send it through our server for proper authentication, but it seems to not like the from 'tmomail.net'.

thanks,

• April 13, 2009

I have a reference Id from a query of an object to reference another object. How can I use this reference id to either look up the record or directly access the record?

SCT

• March 23, 2009

I look at the logs for the email parsing. Is there an error here I am not seeing, as the data never show up in the mileage tab?

20090317124544.637:Class.EmailToApex.handleInboundEmail: line 23, column 4: SelectLoop:LIST:SOBJECT:Contact
20090317124544.637:Class.EmailToApex.handleInboundEmail: line 24, column 7: SOQL query with 1 row finished in 11 ms
20090317124544.637:Class.EmailToApex.handleInboundEmail: line 26, column 8: got here with %Pat Stumuller%0038000000Z4puJAARPat Stumuller
20090317124544.637:Class.EmailToApex.handleInboundEmail: line 28, column 5: Insert: LIST:SOBJECT:BillMileage__c
20090317124544.637:Class.EmailToApex.handleInboundEmail: line 28, column 5: DML Operation executed in 39 ms
20090317124544.637:Class.EmailToApex: line 12, column 37: returning Messaging.InboundEmailResult from method global Messaging.InboundEmailResult handleInboundEmail(Messaging.InboundEmail, Messaging.InboundEnvelope) in 55 ms

Cumulative resource usage:

Resource usage for namespace: (default)
Number of SOQL queries: 1 out of 100
Number of query rows: 1 out of 10000
Number of SOSL queries: 0 out of 20
Number of DML statements: 1 out of 100
Number of DML rows: 1 out of 10000
Number of script statements: 11 out of 200000
Maximum heap size: 0 out of 1000000
Number of callouts: 0 out of 10
Number of Email Invocations: 0 out of 10
Number of fields describes: 0 out of 10
Number of record type describes: 0 out of 10
Number of child relationships describes: 0 out of 10
Number of picklist describes: 0 out of 10
Number of future calls: 0 out of 10
Number of find similar calls: 0 out of 10
Number of System.runAs() invocations: 0 out of 0

Total email recipients queued to be sent : 0
  • March 17, 2009
We are trying to send an email to SFDC for parsing using the EmailToApex class example in the tutorial. Nothing gets posted. We looked at the other discussion threads and found some inference that the sender of the email needed to be the same as the account login on SFDC. Not sure why that would be but we tried it anyway - no deal.

We activated bounce back on the messages and got a response that says the following:

554 Transaction failed: No authentication check passed.

Return-Path: <user@ourdomain.com>

X-SFDC-DOMAINKEYS: None
X-SFDC-TLS-VERIFIED: no
X-SFDC-TLS-CIPHER: DES-CBC3-SHA
X-SFDC-TLS-STATUS: true
X-SFDC-SENDERID-PRA: None
X-SFDC-SENDERID: None
X-SFDC-SPF: None
X-SFDC-Interface: external

In looking at the hint for the Advanced Email Security Settings, it says the following:
Before enabling this option, make sure that your users email domains support at least one of the following protocols: SPF, Sender ID, or DomainKeys.

In looking at the rejection (bounce back) response, it appeared that could in fact be the case.
(Note the NONE next to each of these values).

We contacted our mail host and they have activated SPF for us on our mail server.
However, they said that they will likely need to add the SFDC mail servers to our SPF service as well.
Is that true?

Here is the language from the hosting company support rep:
Tech Support: Ask SalesForce "What do I put in my SPF record to make sure messages sent from the SalesForce server pass SPF checks?" If SalesForce publishes their own SPF record (which I'm sure they do) they will tell you something like "include:(some salesforce.com server here)". This will be the most accurate way to ensure that we setup your SPF record correctly.

Do we really need to have SFDC servers on our mail sever? That seems unnecessary. If it is in fact the case- what are the SFDC mail servers we need to add? There must be several.

Any help is appreciated.

• March 13, 2009

Is it possible to send an update of a contact or other data via an http post using basic authentication?

If so, could you point me to examples and documentation?

thanks,

sct

• March 12, 2009

I have run through the email services tutorial several times with no successful email update of mileage. I do not find anywhere that an email was received. Is there a step missing from the tutorial? The emails do not bounce back, is there a log somewhere I can look for errors or status?

thanks

SCT

• March 10, 2009

I have a reference Id from a query of an object to reference another object. How can I use this reference id to either look up the record or directly access the record?

SCT

• March 23, 2009

Is it possible to send an update of a contact or other data via an http post using basic authentication?

If so, could you point me to examples and documentation?

thanks,

sct

• March 12, 2009

I have run through the email services tutorial several times with no successful email update of mileage. I do not find anywhere that an email was received. Is there a step missing from the tutorial? The emails do not bounce back, is there a log somewhere I can look for errors or status?

thanks

SCT

• March 10, 2009