• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I should preface this post with this,  I am a button click admin and by no means a developer.

When my portal user creates an new case,  they are allowed to enter all the requested fields as normal,  but when clicking the Submit button  they are present with the following error:  Errorr ID 430070287-50671 (-380691486).   Although the case is created in Salesforce,   the portal user see the error and believes that it has not been created and tries again.  This is cause many duplicate cases to be created.    Does anyone know why that error would be encountered and how to decipher the error code?

When I proxy as the portal user and create a test case to replicate I receive a different Error ID: 321554606-79794 (539835512),  but the same behavior as before,  the case is in fact created in SFDC even though an error was encountered.

Thanks,
-Gareth
  • March 21, 2017

I'm trying to create a cross object validation rule that will prevent the creation of a "Case" with a given "Priority" dependent on a field on the Account record.   This is what I have so far,  but it doesn't prevent me from creating a Priority 1 case for a Non-Retainer account. 

/* If account Retainer status is Non Retainer AND
Priority is Sev 1 or 2 - throw error */
AND(false,
  ISPICKVAL(Account.Retainer_Status__c, 'Non-Retainer'),
  OR( ISPICKVAL(Priority, '1. High-System Down'),
      ISPICKVAL(Priority, '2. Medium-System Severely Impaired')
    )
)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

-Gareth

• November 20, 2013

The Forgot Password on our Customer Portal is not working.  It is first requiring the user to login before they can reset their password, thus the customer is stuck in an infinite loop.

The url for our portal is http://smartdogservices.force.com/customerportal

The url for the forgot password page is http://smartdogservices.force.com/customerportal/ForgotPassword

Here is a screenshot of the message that is returned:Forgot Password

Here is the code for http://smartdogservices.force.com/customerportal/ForgotPassword

Any help on how to resilve this infinite loop would be appreciated.

-Gareth

• October 16, 2012

Let me start by saying that i'm not a developer, so I'm not sure if this is possible,  has anyone else encountered this and found a solution.

We have both the Self Service Portal and the Customer Portal enabled.   On our company website we have a button which takes the user to the login for the Self Service Portal, while  the Customer Portal users are sent the URL which they have to bookmark in order to access it.  

Is it possible to have a single sign on screen and have the system evalauate if they are a Self Service Portal  or Customer Portal user and direct them to the applicable portal?

Thanks,

-Gareth 

• October 18, 2010
I have a workflow rule to send an email reminder. I need a rule criteria with a formula that evaluates if a date field is empty or not, in order to send the email. If the field date is empty, send the email.

Using the rule criteria builder, the rule is supposed to run if the formula evaluates to true, but I tried many formulas with no luck. Examples of what I tried are:
c4g_Contact__r.c4g_Primary_Enrollment__r.c4g_Actual_Discharge_Date__c  =  NULL
ISBLANK(  c4g_Contact__r.Primary_Enrollment_Discharged_Date__c   )
ISBLANK(  c4g_Contact__r.Primary_Enrollment_Discharged_Date__c   ) = TRUE

Any idea what I could be missing here? Thanks for any help.

User-added image

I'm trying to create a cross object validation rule that will prevent the creation of a "Case" with a given "Priority" dependent on a field on the Account record.   This is what I have so far,  but it doesn't prevent me from creating a Priority 1 case for a Non-Retainer account. 

/* If account Retainer status is Non Retainer AND
Priority is Sev 1 or 2 - throw error */
AND(false,
  ISPICKVAL(Account.Retainer_Status__c, 'Non-Retainer'),
  OR( ISPICKVAL(Priority, '1. High-System Down'),
      ISPICKVAL(Priority, '2. Medium-System Severely Impaired')
    )
)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

-Gareth

• November 20, 2013

Hi Friends,

We developed one site for our client. In that, we used Site.ForgotPassword() to reset the user's password. In earlier, it worked fine. Now, with the same code, we are trying to reset the password, it is not working.

What could be the reasons for this, site.forgotpasswordI() isnot working.

Please suggest me how to solve this and what are reasons for not working it.

Regards,

Phanikumar

I have created some parent and respective child cases in Case object. Now, I want to make parent case not closable unless child cases have been closed..in other words, somebody should not be able to set the status of parent case to closed unless they have closed all the child cases. I am thinking to do this with triggers...but I have no idea how..any help is appreciated.
I had some success today refreshing dashboard and thought I'd share. I found some code from SF Heretic on refreshing homepages and dashboards, but it didn't quite work for me, though it got me pointed in the right direction which I greatly appreciate! Their code for refreshing the homepage didn't work for me the way it was setup. What did work was going to Homepage components and adding to the Messages & Alerts:

<meta http-equiv=refresh content=600>

And if you stay on the home page it does refresh after 10 minutes.

What I wanted to do was refresh a dashboard we have for mgmt users whenever they hit that page so they see the current numbers without having to click refresh. What I ended up doing was adding a component to the dashboard that was an S Control and all it contained was the following code where the ID listed is the ID of the dashboard. You can see the exact window open code I lifted below by going to the dashboard and with FIREBUG installed click INSPECT and select the REFRESH button on the page and it will show you something like the below....

Code:
<BODY onLoad="refreshDashboardTimeout();" >
<script>
function refreshDashboardTimeout() {
window.open('/01Z6000000073av—m=poll&refresh=1', 'db_refresh_frame');
}
</script>

Hope that helps some of you out there..........

E

• May 17, 2007