• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

On our partner portal we are exposing the standard Accounts and Contacts tabs.

Problem
The partner user (who is a portal enabled contact) that logs into the partner portal, should only be able to see the Contact(s) and Account under that Account.

Scenario

Partner Account:
Acme Resellers

Contacts created under Acme Resellers:
Tom Jones (partner user contact - portal enabled)
Bob Smith (contact - NOT portal enabled)

Scenario
Tom Jones logs into the Partner Portal and should only be able to see the Acme Resellers Account and both the partner users (Bob Smith and himself - Tom Jones). The goal being that Tom Jones should be able to update his contact info and Bob Smith's contact info.

The problem is that right now the partner user Tom Jones can see ALL the Accounts and ALL the contacts in the system. How can this visiblity be restricted so that Tom Jones can only see the Acme Resellers acccount and the 2 contacts under Acme Resellers?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

• February 23, 2012

I have configured the Partner Portal in my dev environment successfully.

Is there anyway to remove the "Home" tab from the partner portal when a partner user logs in?  I just want to be able to display a few tabs in the partner portal without the user having a Home tab.

I am unable to remove this tab in the Partner User profile, and i can't seem to remove it using the tabs I want to display.

• May 25, 2011

I am trying to display a custom VF page in a partner portal.

I have successfully configured a partner portal in my DE org, and when i login as a partner user into the partner portal, it seems that i can only display the Salesforce org information in the default tabs provided which looks very much like the internal view.

I would like to expose certain custom object information in a different format (w/ jQuery scripts and css).  Is this possible?

• May 15, 2011

Background:

We are building an app for commerical distribution on the Appexchange and are currently beta-packaging the app.  Our app uses workflow rules and time based workflow.

I have removed the time triggers from the workflow rules in our primary DE org where we are packaging the app, and have uploaded the beta package.  When I install the package into a NEW DE org, I am able to see the workflow rules successfully :)

Problem:

i am unable to "Add Time Trigger" to this workflow rule.  I deactivated the workflow rule but the "Add Time Trigger" button remains grey'd out.... Therefore I am unable to add the time dependent workflow actions to the time trigger....

Question:

How would a customer of ours create this time trigger and the corresponding workflow actions if they installed our app into their DE org.

Thanks!

• February 14, 2011

I created a number of VF pages for the object level help we are providing with our application.

I tried to upgrade the API version from 19.0 -> 21.0 and I keep getting the following error and the system does not allow me to save.  when i set the API version back to 19.0 I don't get this error.

any insight would be great!

Error: Element type "img" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

• February 09, 2011

We are in the process of beta-packaging our application and pressed the "upload" button to go thru the steps to create a private listing. 

The beta-package was successfully created.

Problem

During the packaging process, in our 2 user DE org SFDC automatically detected that we are using the currency table (probably thru our 'select' statements etc), and therefore enforced a requirement that multi-currency activation should exist in the org as a pre-requiste for ANY org where this package will be downloaded

Background

We have logic in our application to "optionally" use the multi-currency feature that requires special activation by SFDC.  In other words, we perform checks in our code and change our 'select' statements depending upon whether the org is multi-currency enable or not multi-currency enabled and process our logic accordingly.

Question

During the packaging process, is there any way we create the beta-package without having salesforce automatically enforce the multi-currency pre-requisite as a requirement for installation of this package into another org??

This way other people installing our packaged application will not have to contact SFDC to switch on the multi-currency feature before downloading the application - kind of a hassle if you want to download the app off the appexchange to take a closer look.  Some of our customers will not be using multi-currency anyway.

Thanks!!

• February 07, 2011

Hi,

whenever someone checks in files, I cannot see the delta(diff), version number/hostory of the files checked in.

I have tried this with the Eclipse IDE as well as the standard SalesForce login.

How does one see basic tracking from the version control?

Also, how does one enforce writing messages on Commits? (So that on viewing the version control history for that file all check in descriptions can be viewed through time).

• January 24, 2011

i am having difficultly trying to retrieve information from a custom object.  this piece of javascript code is to be executed by clicking a button on the list view.

i am trying to retrieve the custom "Status" field on the custom object "Incentive" (there is a namespace prefix of PIMS)

for some reason i cannot seem to get the syntax of the query quite correct.  the code keeps bombing out before i get to the alert that states "Selection query successful"

any insight would be great!!

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/19.0/connection.js")}

var userList = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.PIMS__Incentive__c )}
var updatedList = [];

if (userList[0] == null) {
alert("Please select at least one record.") }
else {
var answer = confirm("Are you sure?");
if (answer==true) {

for (var n=0; n<userList.length; n++) {
var i = new sforce.SObject("PIMS__Incentive__c");
i.id = userList[n];

alert("The ID has been correctly retrieved - ID = " + i.id );

var result = sforce.connection.query("Select PIMS__Status__c from PIMS__Incentive__c where ID = 'i.id' ");

alert("Selection query successful" );

// only update records where current status is Pending Payment
if (i.PIMS__Status__c == "Pending Payment") {
alert("You have selected " + userList.length + " records");
i.PIMS__Status__c = "Complete";
updatedList.push(i);
}
}
result = sforce.connection.update(updatedList);
window.location.reload();
alert("Status set to Complete for all selected Incentive Programs with current status Pending Payment")
}
}

• September 30, 2010

Is it possible to create a Free Trial on Appexchange (eg 30 days) for a managed package that contain time-based workflow.  

The reason I ask is because time-based workflow cannot be packaged, and must be configured for each end customer who installs the free trial.  Since time-based workflow is an integral part of our application, does this mean we will be unable to use the “Free Trial” on the Appexchange?

Thanks in advance.

• September 27, 2010

Hi,

I'm unable to update the Status(PIMS__Status__c) field of a custom Incentive object (PIMS__Incentive__c) with the value "Complete"

i am able to retrieve the record IDs for the Incentive Object sucessfully but am unable to retrieve the value of the Status field for the record id in the loop. 

how do i get the value for a field besides the id on a custom object? am i supposed to use a select statement or the get method.  i don't seem to be using the get method correctly.

--------------------------

var updatedList = [];

else {
          if (answer==true) {

i.id = userList[n];

var cs = i.get("PIMS__Status__c");
                          alert("ID =  " + i.id + i.PIMS__Status__C + cs );    

//                        only update records where current status is Pending Payment
                                 updatedList.push(i);                    
                          }
                  }               
                 alert("Status set to Complete for all records with current status Pending Payment")
          }
}

• September 15, 2010

the current CSS style sheet provided by SFDC for object level help - version 19 (with the grey/blue theme) looks great with the old UI.  This is the css style sheet used by SFDC for CRM and Force.com

With the new UI theme enabled, i would like to use a style sheet for object level help that conforms to the NEW UI (the light blue one which is to be enabled by default sometime this winter). 

Does SDFC plan on changing the stylesheet for your own help documentation?  If yes,  where can I find this help css stylesheet?  if it does not exist right now, when can i expect it to be released.

Thx, rz.

• September 13, 2010

Hi Everyone,

After a customer installs our Appexchange product and begins using it, as part of our logic we want to be able to programmatically determine:

1.  if our customer is already turned on the multi-currency feature.   In other words, does “Manage Currencies” exist when one navigates Setup | Company Profile | Manage Currencies
  2. In the event our customer has already switched on the multi-currency feature, we would like to be able to determine if our customer is maintaining their currency conversion information in the:
  • Manage Dated Exchange Rates table (ie Advanced Currency Management is enabled), OR
  • Manage Currencies table.

Questions

a)      How do we do this?

b)      What are SFDC Object Names / API Names for the tables behind the Manage Dated Exchange Rates and Manage Currencies buttons?

Thanks in advance.

• August 12, 2010

I am trying to create some help documentation for our product (called PIMS) that is going to be listed on the Appexchange. 

As part of PIMS, I am writing up some help documentation.  I would like to put this documentation in a format that a prospect/customer can use after downloading our PIMS application into their org. 

I was looking at RoboHelp from Adobe as a tool for publishing the help documenation information for PIMS.

It would be great if I was able to understand what kind of software SFDC uses to publish their help documentation.  This way, any existing SFDC user would have a similar UI when they clicked the help button tosearch/navigate/read the help docs. 

Does anybody have any advice on the best strategy for publishing help documentation for an ISV/OEM product hosted on the Appexchange?

Thanks!!

• June 01, 2010

I’m trying to use a validation rule to make a field required depending on the value of another field.

I have 2 fields

• FieldA – (Type = Checkbox)
  • FieldB – (Type = Text 255 chars)

If FieldA is set (ie the checkbox is checked), I want to make FieldB mandatory.  I created the following validation rule which would evaluate to TRUE and subsequently show an error message on Field B:

AND(FieldA <> null, ISBLANK(FieldB))

Unfortunately this does not work.  When I check the checkbox for FieldA and leave FieldB blank, I get no error message - What am I doing wrong? 

Also, the ISBLANK(expression) does not seem to work on fields that are of type Checkbox, so I had changed my expression.

Any ideas?  This seems to be pretty basic

• May 26, 2010

We are completing the build of a native Apex application (called PIMS) on Force.com to host on the Appexchange.  Our application does not integrate with Salesforce.com CRM objects but our application does use the Accounts object.   In other words, our customers do not need to be running SFDC CRM in order to use our PIMS app. 

We had originally planned that our customers would download our application from the Appexchange into a new Org.

Questions:

1) If our customer already uses Salesforce CRM and therefore has an org already provisioned, can our PIMS app be installed in their same Org?

2) If our customer was able to install our PIMS app into their existing SFDC org, would our PIMS app be allowed to use the existing Accounts object which our customer has already filled with data?  I don’t think our customer would be too happy to create a second Org solely for our PIMS app, and replicate Accounts data into the new Org in order to use our PIMS app.

3) We have added custom fields to the Accounts object as part of our PIMS app to be downloaded with our managed package.  If our customer was able to install our PIMS app into their existing SFDC org, would these custom fields be available?

Thanks!

• April 03, 2010

Background:

We load a lot of data (10,000) records into a custom object.

We have to process these 10,000 records and have the Apex scheduler kick of a Job (Apex Class) once a day.

We are receiving an error: System.Exception: Too many script statements: 200001 

We have optimized the code to use maps and lists for processing records to avoid DML governers limits. 

Questions:

1. Is this the right approach to do bulk data processing?
  2. We are doing a lot of looping which we believe is causing this scripts statements error.  Can this error be avoided by processing smaller batch sizes (eg 500 records at a time) while still being within the same Apex Scheduled Job?  This way we avoid governors limits.  If so, how??
  • March 15, 2010

anybody have an idea how to convert currencies when processing data in a custom object/table?  do we have to call an external webservice to perform the conversion. 

SFDC does not seem to maintain a currency exchange-rate table.  i've enabled multi-currencies but it seems that the customer (we) have to maintain the exchange rates.....

any ideas?

• March 04, 2010

Background
We have activated the Multi-Currency feature in our Org. 

I read the on-line help and the document at this url and have not been able to find any pertinent information. https://na6.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_using_multiple_currencies.pdf 

We are building a standalone solution on Force.com with no integration into SFDC CRM objects. 

Question:

How do we get the DATA for the conversion rates?  Does Salesforce store the daily conversion rates in a table somewhere from where we can retrieve the actual conversion rate on a particular date?  In other words, we call an SFDC API passing in the (date, from currency, to currency) and the SFDC system returns the conversion rate for that date? 

OR 

Do we have to load this data into our own org on a daily basis by calling a webservice such as the one provided by the NY Fed Reserve http://www.newyorkfed.org/markets/pilotfx.html  and write the conversion rates to the currency table provided by SFDC (manage currencies section). 

After all, SFDC document at the url above says the system admin maintains the currencies but it seems absurd that it would be a manual process to input each conversion rate...  what am I missing here?

Thanks!!

• February 18, 2010

We are an SFDC ISV and are building a native Apex standalone solution with no integration into SDFC CRM objects. 

Scenario

As part of our solution, we planning on delivering a workflow rule and a time dependent workflow action in our managed package.  By default, our workflow action will execute 14 days the rule criteria is met (rule criteria: Valid To date field equals the system date) 

Question:

My question from an ISV perspective is: when we install our solution in separate org for our customer, will our customer be able to change the workflow time trigger – in other words, will our customer be able to change the workflow action to execute after 21 days instead of the 14 days we deliver? 

Thanks in advance.

• January 01, 2010

I have a question pertaining to Lookup relationships and Lookup Dialogs.  I have provided an example of the table/object structure below and the scenario. 

A) GEO Object: (3 fields)

GEO Name    GEOID      Country

APAC            1000          Singapore

APAC            1500          Japan

EMEA            2000          UK

EMEA            2500          France

AMER            5000          Americas 

B) Incentive Object: (2 fields – the GEO field on this object is a lookup of the GEO Name on the GEO Object)

Incentive Name  GEO

IncABC                 APAC

IncDEF                 EMEA   

Scenario:I would like to click on the “look up” icon on the Incentive Object on the GEO field, and see a list of values from the GEO Object in the Lookup Dialog.  However, I would only like to see 3 values (APAC, EMEA, AMER) instead of all 5 entries (APAC, APAC, EMEA, EMEA, AMER).  Essentially performing a “select distinct” type lookup on a field in the GEO object.  

Is this possible?  If yes, how can this be achieved.  I’ve read about the lookup filters but it is in beta and I’m not really sure if this can solve the problem of managing a “select distinct” type filter.

Thanks in advance.

• December 28, 2010

Background
We have activated the Multi-Currency feature in our Org. 

I read the on-line help and the document at this url and have not been able to find any pertinent information. https://na6.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_using_multiple_currencies.pdf 

We are building a standalone solution on Force.com with no integration into SFDC CRM objects. 

Question:

How do we get the DATA for the conversion rates?  Does Salesforce store the daily conversion rates in a table somewhere from where we can retrieve the actual conversion rate on a particular date?  In other words, we call an SFDC API passing in the (date, from currency, to currency) and the SFDC system returns the conversion rate for that date? 

OR 

Do we have to load this data into our own org on a daily basis by calling a webservice such as the one provided by the NY Fed Reserve http://www.newyorkfed.org/markets/pilotfx.html  and write the conversion rates to the currency table provided by SFDC (manage currencies section). 

After all, SFDC document at the url above says the system admin maintains the currencies but it seems absurd that it would be a manual process to input each conversion rate...  what am I missing here?

Thanks!!

• February 18, 2010

Background:

We are building an app for commerical distribution on the Appexchange and are currently beta-packaging the app.  Our app uses workflow rules and time based workflow.

I have removed the time triggers from the workflow rules in our primary DE org where we are packaging the app, and have uploaded the beta package.  When I install the package into a NEW DE org, I am able to see the workflow rules successfully :)

Problem:

i am unable to "Add Time Trigger" to this workflow rule.  I deactivated the workflow rule but the "Add Time Trigger" button remains grey'd out.... Therefore I am unable to add the time dependent workflow actions to the time trigger....

Question:

How would a customer of ours create this time trigger and the corresponding workflow actions if they installed our app into their DE org.

Thanks!

• February 14, 2011

Hi,

whenever someone checks in files, I cannot see the delta(diff), version number/hostory of the files checked in.

I have tried this with the Eclipse IDE as well as the standard SalesForce login.

How does one see basic tracking from the version control?

Also, how does one enforce writing messages on Commits? (So that on viewing the version control history for that file all check in descriptions can be viewed through time).

• January 24, 2011

Is it possible to create a Free Trial on Appexchange (eg 30 days) for a managed package that contain time-based workflow.  

The reason I ask is because time-based workflow cannot be packaged, and must be configured for each end customer who installs the free trial.  Since time-based workflow is an integral part of our application, does this mean we will be unable to use the “Free Trial” on the Appexchange?

Thanks in advance.

• September 27, 2010

Hi,

I'm unable to update the Status(PIMS__Status__c) field of a custom Incentive object (PIMS__Incentive__c) with the value "Complete"

i am able to retrieve the record IDs for the Incentive Object sucessfully but am unable to retrieve the value of the Status field for the record id in the loop. 

how do i get the value for a field besides the id on a custom object? am i supposed to use a select statement or the get method.  i don't seem to be using the get method correctly.

--------------------------

var updatedList = [];

else {
          if (answer==true) {

i.id = userList[n];

var cs = i.get("PIMS__Status__c");
                          alert("ID =  " + i.id + i.PIMS__Status__C + cs );    

//                        only update records where current status is Pending Payment
                                 updatedList.push(i);                    
                          }
                  }               
                 alert("Status set to Complete for all records with current status Pending Payment")
          }
}

• September 15, 2010

I am trying to create some help documentation for our product (called PIMS) that is going to be listed on the Appexchange. 

As part of PIMS, I am writing up some help documentation.  I would like to put this documentation in a format that a prospect/customer can use after downloading our PIMS application into their org. 

I was looking at RoboHelp from Adobe as a tool for publishing the help documenation information for PIMS.

It would be great if I was able to understand what kind of software SFDC uses to publish their help documentation.  This way, any existing SFDC user would have a similar UI when they clicked the help button tosearch/navigate/read the help docs. 

Does anybody have any advice on the best strategy for publishing help documentation for an ISV/OEM product hosted on the Appexchange?

Thanks!!

• June 01, 2010

anybody have an idea how to convert currencies when processing data in a custom object/table?  do we have to call an external webservice to perform the conversion. 

SFDC does not seem to maintain a currency exchange-rate table.  i've enabled multi-currencies but it seems that the customer (we) have to maintain the exchange rates.....

any ideas?

• March 04, 2010

Background:

We are an ISV/OEM in the process of building a standalone NATIVE application embedded in force.com WITHOUT any integration into SFDC CRM objects.

Assumption:

******  The Force.com Embedded Edition for Salesforce.com Partners is based upon the Enterprise Edition Org.  *******  Please correct me if I’m wrong.  

I’m a bit confused with the information provided by SDFC regarding the Running User / User Licenses / Scheduled Jobs functionality as they pertain to an ISV/OEM.   

Scenario:

Data will be periodically loaded into a custom object (eg once per day) in our native app.  We are planning on using the Scheduled Jobs functionality (Setup -> Administration -> Monitoring -> Scheduled Jobs) for our Customers (eg. Customer 123) as part of our Combined Solution, to manipulate the data that was loaded into the custom object.  

We are trying to adhere to the functionality provided in “The Force.com Embedded Edition Distribution Term Sheet” but the Scheduled Jobs functionality is not mentioned.   

Questions:

1) Is the Scheduled Jobs functionality available for use on the Embedded Edition for SDFC ISV/OEMs?  In the APEX documentation it says the following for the APEX Scheduler: “The Apex scheduler is currently available through a limited release program. Contact salesforce.com to verify if your organization can participate in the limited release program.” 

2) If the Answer to question 1 is YES, what kind of user licenses do we (ISV/OEM) sell the users for our Customer 123?  Is it the “Salesforce Platform” user license or the “Force.com One-App” user license?  

To see the types of user licenses described in the on-line help:

https://na6.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?loc=help&target=data_monitoring_jobs.htm&section=Data  

è     click link “What is an Analytic Snapshot?” and then click the link

è     Force.com Platform or Salesforce Platform One licenses 

I’m assuming the user license for the Administrator that is provisioned is “Salesforce.”  (correct me if I’m wrong).      

Thanks for your help!! 

• December 27, 2010

I have a couple of questions regarding the use of the customer portal / partner portal / force.com sites – as it pertains to an ISV and channel partner self-service.  

Background:

a. We are an ISV/OEM in the process of building a standalone native application embedded in force.com WITHOUT any integration into SFDC CRM objects.

b. Our application will be created as a managed package using the “Distributed Org” model (where our customers can install the application into their own production environments / orgs).

c. We plan on using the CRM for ISV with the 2 free Enterprise Edition licenses with the LMA installed to track licenses of our Trialforce downloads and our live production customers.   

Application:

Our customers manufacture parts, and distribute them thru distributors/resellers.  Our goal is to have these distributors/resellers login (username + password), to our native application installed at our customers orgs so that the distributors/resellers can view their data stored in the custom objects of our application. 

Scenarios:

Reseller ABC logs into our Customer 123 to view their data stored in custom objects

Reseller ABC logs into our Customer 456 to view their data stored in custom objects

Reseller DEF logs into our Customer 456 to view their data stored in custom objects 

Questions: (Please note: These questions are from the perspective of a Salesforce.com ISV/OEM ecosystem partner). 

1) In order to achieve the scenarios described above for our application, should we use the SFDC delivered customer portal, partner portal, force.com sites, self-service.  Will any of these work?? OR do we have to build our own portal type solution as a part of our delivered application?? 

2) If 1 of our customers (eg Customer 123) has 10 employees that use our application internally and 1000 distributors that login to view (read-only) their data, and the license fee charged by SFDC is $15/user/month for the “combined solution” (i.e. force.com + our native app), does that mean we (as the SFDC ISV/OEM partner) have to pay salesforce.com $150/month + $15,000/month for a total of $15150/month….. – (btw: at this point our solution won’t sell).  OR do we have to pay SFDC $150/month for the 10 internal employees that use our application? 

I have combed thru the help documentation, partner portal info + discussion forums and have been unable to find any concrete information that sheds light on a solution & pricing, that enables an ISV/OEM’s customer(s) to allow their channel partners (ie distributors/resellers) to login via the web into the ISV’s native application to view data stored in custom objects. 

Thank you kindly.

• December 13, 2009
I have a couple of questions regarding the use of the customer portal / partner portal / force.com sites – as it pertains to an ISV and channel partner self-service.  Background:a. We are an ISV/OEM in the process of building a standalone native application embedded in force.com WITHOUT any integration into SFDC CRM objects.b. Our application will be created as a managed package using the “Distributed Org” model (where our customers can install the application into their own production environments / orgs).c. We plan on using the CRM for ISV with the 2 free Enterprise Edition licenses with the LMA installed to track licenses of our Trialforce downloads and our live production customers.   Application:Our customers manufacture parts, and distribute them thru distributors/resellers.  Our goal is to have these distributors/resellers login (username + password), to our native application installed at our customers orgs so that the distributors/resellers can view their data stored in the custom objects of our application. Scenarios:Reseller ABC logs into our Customer 123 to view their data stored in custom objectsReseller ABC logs into our Customer 456 to view their data stored in custom objectsReseller DEF logs into our Customer 456 to view their data stored in custom objects    Questions: (Please note: These questions are from the perspective of a Salesforce.com ISV/OEM ecosystem partner). 1) In order to achieve the scenarios described above for our application, should we use the SFDC delivered customer portal, partner portal, force.com sites, self-service.  Will any of these work?? OR do we have to build our own portal type solution as a part of our delivered application?? 2) If 1 of our customers (eg Customer 123) has 10 employees that use our application internally and 1000 distributors that login to view (read-only) their data, and the license fee charged by SFDC is $15/user/month for the “combined solution” (i.e. force.com + our native app), does that mean we (as the SFDC ISV/OEM partner) have to pay salesforce.com $150/month + $15,000/month for a total of $15150/month….. – (btw: at this point our solution won’t sell).  OR do we have to pay SFDC $150/month for the 10 internal employees that use our application? I have combed thru the help documentation, partner portal info + discussion forums and have been unable to find any concrete information that sheds light on a solution & pricing, that enables an ISV/OEM’s customer(s) to allow their channel partners (ie distributors/resellers) to login via the web into the ISV’s native application to view data stored in custom objects. Thank you kindly.
  • December 13, 2009