• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I am trying to find out if there is a way to integrate google gadgets aka opensocial gadgets into salesforce. The gadget complies with opensocial specificiation which require an opensocial container to run. And for authentication and authorization purposes, I would be using SAML SSO and OAuth so that the gadget could pull data from my servers while running within the container application, which would be salesforce in this case.

The only gadget i found was

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016bafEAA

Once installed , this gadget was available as s-control and i could add it to my dashboard, but no user preferences were saved. My case would be a bit more complex one, with some amount of user preferences, security and authentication aspects involved(think userprefs in opensocial, SAML and OAuth).

I would like to know how i could make my opensocial gadget available for my customers who are using salesforce, is it packaging? . Is it that i need to submit my application to appexchange, or is there an api(url) with which i could have the user install my gadget deployed at an external url?

Is there a way I could follow the "develop once - publish multiple" philosophy.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Hafiz

Hi all,

I am trying to find out if there is a way to integrate google gadgets aka opensocial gadgets into salesforce. The gadget complies with opensocial specificiation which require an opensocial container to run. And for authentication and authorization purposes, I would be using SAML SSO and OAuth so that the gadget could pull data from my servers while running within the container application, which would be salesforce in this case.

Once installed , this gadget was available as  s-control and i could add it to my dashboard, but no user preferences were saved.

I would like to know how i could make my opensocial gadget available for my customers who are using salesforce(so that they dont have to login to my application to get the data, but consume it right from salesforce through the gadget rendered in there) . Is it that i need to submit my application to appexchange, or is there an api(url) with which i could have the user install my gadget? 

Can some one enlighten me, if salesforce supports open social container spec to run open social gadgets, OAuth service provider/identity provider, where to look for further details?

I am lost, please provide some info to ddecide if I could follow the "develop once - publish multiple" philosophy.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Hafiz

Hi all,

Once installed , this gadget was available as s-control and i could add it to my dashboard, but no user preferences were saved. My case would be a bit more complex one, with some amount of user preferences, security and authentication aspects involved(think userprefs in opensocial, SAML and OAuth).

I would like to know how i could make my opensocial gadget available for my customers who are using salesforce, is it packaging? . Is it that i need to submit my application to appexchange, or is there an api(url) with which i could have the user install my gadget deployed at an external url?

Is there a way I could follow the "develop once - publish multiple" philosophy.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Hafiz

Hi all,

Once installed , this gadget was available as  s-control and i could add it to my dashboard, but no user preferences were saved.

I would like to know how i could make my opensocial gadget available for my customers who are using salesforce(so that they dont have to login to my application to get the data, but consume it right from salesforce through the gadget rendered in there) . Is it that i need to submit my application to appexchange, or is there an api(url) with which i could have the user install my gadget? 

Can some one enlighten me, if salesforce supports open social container spec to run open social gadgets, OAuth service provider/identity provider, where to look for further details?

I am lost, please provide some info to ddecide if I could follow the "develop once - publish multiple" philosophy.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Hafiz

I am trying to create a google gadget to display company phone list information. I created a simple visualforce page to get the info I need and format it into XML for consumption into the gadget. I can't seem to get a valid response in to the gadget however. I assume it is because you have to log in to get the visualforce page and I don't believe I can get the gadget to do the login. Or maybe I am just doing something wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the relevant part of my gadget:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Module>
<ModulePrefs title="Phone List"
scrolling="true"
author="Christopher La May"
author_email="dragonmagicl@gmail.com/>
<Content type="html">
<![CDATA[
<div id="content_div"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
 function displayList() {
// XML Phone List data
var url = "https://na5.salesforce.com/apex/test_vf_page";
var prefs = new _IG_Prefs();
_IG_FetchContent(url, function (response) {
if (response == null || typeof(response) != "object" ||
response.firstChild == null) {
_gel("content_div").innerHTML += "<i>Invalid data.</i>";
return;
}
});
}
_IG_RegisterOnloadHandler(displayList);
</script>
]]>
</Content>
</Module>
Hi All,

Can anyone have example(source code) of any google gadget developed for salesforce.com?

Kindly reply,

Thanks in advance,
  • November 08, 2007