• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

how can you use data binding like

:data.keySet() in dynamic soql queries i.e database.query();

will the error message still show up on the UI?

Hi i want to know the current emails sent out and the email limit for the an org using apex, can this be done?

Hi i have a canvas area where users draw their signatures, but how can i capture this as an attachment when saving?

Hi i have a visualforce page that is one page but has 3 sections (split like 3 pages), each section is part of a step by step process to update some info. I have buttons at the top next and back, the action methods just return null but has some logic to render which section of the wizard i.e. page1, page2.

Now if you go back and then next i.e clicking on the buttons the page fails, i checked some vairables and most have now become null. What i tried to acheive here was have 3 pages but in one page. what is strange is that say you goto the next section (page) clicking next and update some info and go back it seems to work but if go back and forth with no update the page eventually dies.

So i am thinking there is something wrong with the view state?

The funny thing is if i run this inside the org it works fine you can press back and next and it never dies. But if i then run it as a sites page it will eventually die i.e it looses its sate and the objects become null?

Hi i have a visualforce page that is one page but has 3 sections (split like 3 pages), each section is part of a step by step process to update some info. I have buttons at the top next and back, the action methods just return null but has some logic to render which section of the wizard i.e. page1, page2.

Now if you go back and then next i.e clicking on the buttons the page fails, i checked some vairables and most have now become null. What i tried to acheive here was have 3 pages but in one page. what is strange is that say you goto the next section (page) clicking next and update some info and go back it seems to work but if go back and forth with no update the page eventually dies.

So i am thinking there is something wrong with the view state?

Like the java bulk api, can we have the same type of webservice calls but in apex so we can do batch inserts and other cool stuff.

Hi guys i am trying to use the ajax toolkit in a homepage component, the problem is i have to login to get a session is there anyway i can do this without logging in. I have created an html area and added the following code:

<html>
<head>
	<script src="/soap/ajax/16.0/connection.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript">
		function ShowUser(){
		    //sforce.connection.login("**************8", "********");
			//sforce.connection.sessionId = '{!$Api.Session_ID}';
		    //var user = sforce.connection.getUserInfo();
			alert(document.cookie);
		}
		window.onload = ShowUser();
	</script>
</head>

<body>
</body>
</html>

But if i do not login it won't work?

anyone know how to find out what edition of salesforce an org has i.e. unlimited, enterprise, professional etc..

Hi what i am trying achieve is to render a visualforce page to show only certain type of inputFields is this even possible. For example i want to determine something like which fields are empty and show only these fields in my custom visualforce page, i wish there was a dynamic visualforce component .

Hi i am having problems i have class something like this

class Parent

{

public static String id = getParams('Id');

public static list = new List blaah b;lah

class Child

{

public void doSomething()

{

fo(List a : list){

}

}

}

}

the problem is on my page i have table in which you can add a object when you click on add i instantiate the child class and call doSomething but the static list is always null

I just want users to add attachments, can i use javascript to scan for that element and hide the button i know i did this for submit for approval button but for some reason can't do this for the new note button.

hi i am trying to hide buttons on some related list areas on the contact view page but can't seem to get any success using javascript to scan for the buttons, any helpers?

Hi i am creating a manage packaged app, but i am not sure how to pass custom field ids to some of my visualforce pages as the ids change in differents orgs.

Hi have 3 visualforce pages details, trials, terms and conidtions

trials and terms and conidtions have back and next buttons

in details page i have a next button that calls the next page trials like return Page.trials etcc.

the problem comes when i hit the back buttons for example if i am in the trials page from the first page details on the address bar it will say details but when i press back on the trials page in this case it should go back to the details page it still says trials page.

The back button in trials page has this return Page.details;

I need to keep the state between the controller for each of those pages?

anyway to fix this?

i was wondering how would i get a set of failed records and update them to the status failed using the databse.saveresult object, it says if there is  no id then it failed to how can i update the existing field to failed later on?

I am trying to validate a string as alpha numeric only i have a method

public static Boolean IsAlphaNumeric(string field)
    {
        if(!IsObjectNull(field))
            return (Pattern.matches('^[a-zA-Z0-9]+$', field));
        return false;
    }

but it always returns true even if the string is aaa or 111? how do i say only aaa111

anyone know how to find out what edition of salesforce an org has i.e. unlimited, enterprise, professional etc..

will the error message still show up on the UI?

You can use Dynamic DML to insert untyped SObjects one-at-a-time, but not as an array:

SObjectType token = Schema.getGlobalDescribe().get('contact');
SObject[] objs = new SObject[0];
for (integer i = 0; i<2; i++) {
SObject tmp = token.newSObject();
tmp.put('LastName', 'test' + i);
objs.add(tmp);
}

boolean showBug = true;

if (showBug) { // fails with "DML not allowed on abstract class SObject"
insert objs;
}
else { // works
for (SObject i : objs) insert i;
}

• April 15, 2010

Hi i am having problems i have class something like this

class Parent

{

public static String id = getParams('Id');

public static list = new List blaah b;lah

class Child

{

public void doSomething()

{

fo(List a : list){

}

}

}

}

the problem is on my page i have table in which you can add a object when you click on add i instantiate the child class and call doSomething but the static list is always null

We are building an application on the force.com platofrm where we have created a lrge number of custom objects.

We are working on creating user documentation (help and training documents)  and would like to override the default link of Help on the top right corner of the page. 

Please advise how we can override that. If that is not possible, how can i remove that link. I do not want my users to see the salesforce help as that is not relevant to our app.

Message Edited by MannySIngh on 02-19-2010 01:48 PM

hi i am trying to hide buttons on some related list areas on the contact view page but can't seem to get any success using javascript to scan for the buttons, any helpers?

Hi have 3 visualforce pages details, trials, terms and conidtions

trials and terms and conidtions have back and next buttons

in details page i have a next button that calls the next page trials like return Page.trials etcc.

the problem comes when i hit the back buttons for example if i am in the trials page from the first page details on the address bar it will say details but when i press back on the trials page in this case it should go back to the details page it still says trials page.

The back button in trials page has this return Page.details;

I need to keep the state between the controller for each of those pages?

anyway to fix this?

Hi,

Can you delete by Id or List<Id>?

I thought you could due to documentation below, but when I pass delete an Id or a List<Id> it says "DML requires SObject or SObject list type: Id."

Code:
delete sObject | Record.ID

delete sObject[] | LIST:ID[] 

Thanks,
Mike