• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Everyone,

When our sandbox is due to expire, myself and a group of my users get a notification from salesforce.com. This is very annoying for me because I do not want them to get this email. Where can I find the settings for this communication so that the email only goes to me and a few other administrators?

Thanks,

V

Hi All,

I have a date field, lets say its Picked_Date__c, I am trying to convert this date into the format

YYYYMMDD

How do I do this via formula? I have the below text formula but for some reason I cannot get the Month and Day to format into 2 digits instead of 1, this is important. Please help.

Thanks,

V

Text(Year(SEPA_DD_Mandate_Signature_Date__c))+
Text(Month( SEPA_DD_Mandate_Signature_Date__c))+
Text(Day(SEPA_DD_Mandate_Signature_Date__c))

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out how to stop users from entering carriage returns in fields within salesforce.com. Does anyone know how to do this? Is it even possible? Below is my code.

Thanks!

V

CONTAINS( Description__c , '')

I have a VF Page that refrences an APEX Class to get a list of picklist values for a survey question. How can I convert the below code so that the fields are now multi select radio button (Multiple choices can be picked) as opposed to a regular radio button

public List<SelectOption> getInterestOptions(){
        List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>();
        options.add(new SelectOption('Virtual Phone System','Virtual Phone System'));
        options.add(new SelectOption('Online Data Backup','Online Data Backup'));
    options.add(new SelectOption('Hosted Email','Hosted Email'));
    options.add(new SelectOption('Email Marketing','Email Marketing'));
        return options;

Thank you in advance,

V

When my users convert a lead to an account and subsequent opportunity. The new opportunity stage defaults to "closed one" How can I change this to amke it to default to "Prospecting"???  

Thanks,

V

Job Summary:

j2 Global is seeking for self-motivated senior APEX developer with experience in developing and deploying native Apps on Salesforce’s AppExchange. The best candidate will have an advanced understanding of APEX coding and web development technologies, be a good team player, possesses a positive attitude, the ability to work in a high-pressure environment and the desire to learn new technologies. This is a full time position with full benefits and a competitive salary.

Job Duties:

• Develop custom Salesforce AppExchange solutions from beginning to deployment on all Salesforce Editions

• Support of existing publicly deployed Salesforce Apps hosted on the AppExchange.

• Document program requirements, specifications, test cases, implementation details, and maintenance updates.

• Provide Operations team with installation instructions and operating procedures.

• Open Salesforce.com bugs (troubleshooting etc) and submit to business unit, track and following up. Job Requirements and Experience:

• 3+ years experience developing native AppExchange Apps)

• Salesforce Certification is a plus

• Expert APEX coder (skilled at developing against 3rd party web services (using callouts), using Salesforce triggers, batch APEX, scheduled APEX, session management)

• Strong web development skills including CSS, JavaScript, DHTML, HTML, XML, AJAX, jQuery

• Previous experience building, deploying and maintaining large AppExchange Apps (>30k lines of code)

• Excellent Eclipse knowledge and experience in conjunction with Salesforce plugin for deployments

• Advanced Salesforce user and administrator skills (including using permissions, queues, email handlers, mass email, security setup, views, page layouts)

• Previous experience opening Salesforce.com bugs (troubleshooting etc) and submitting to business unit, tracking and following up

• Object Oriented Development (Java/J2EE) programming experience is a plus.

• Must have a positive attitude, solid team skills, and an appreciation for company strategy and objectives

• Knowledge of telecommunications based systems and applications a plus.

Please contact Linh Pham via email at

linh.pham@j2global.com

For additional information on j2 Global please visit our website at http://www.j2global.com/j2global/companyOverview

Hi All,

I am running an export of our customer data from salesforce.com which is being uploaded into our Oracle billing system. On the Billing Street field I have carriage returns because our users use multiple lines to input street information. Is there a way to strip out the carriage returns from the address field while creating the extract via dataloader?

Thanks for your help.

V

When you click on the Find Duplicates button you are taken to a Search for Duplicates Page Layout. On the top part of this page layout there is a list of fields we can check to find for duplicates, the list includes

Name

Last Name

Company

Email

Email Domain

Phone

Out of the above list all except Last Name and Email Domain have their checkboxes defaulted on. How do I check off Email Domain by default?

When a user attaches a file to an email and emails out of salesforce.com is the attached file stored somewhere in SF? If so where is it stored and why does it not simply show up as an attachment on Email history?

Thanks,

V

I am testing out Contact Roles functionality in our sandbox to tie the same contact to multiple Accounts records. This resides in the related lists of the Account Object. I also assumed that there would be something similar on the  Contact object to where you could see which accounts a contact was tied to. But there is no such thing.

Am I missing somethig here or is there really no way to tell from a contact what Accounts it is tied to via Contact Roles?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I created a lead assignment rule and queues.

My Crieteria states that if a custom checkbox field called Use Assignment Rule is checked then assign the lead to a particular queue.

This is not working.

Anyone know why? What am I doing wrong?

Is there a way to export emails from the cases object in .eml file type? Can they be exported at all?

Anyone ever tried this or have any experience?

Thanks,

V

Is it possible to overwrite the salesforce.com logo with my companies logo?

Has anyone done this in the service cloud?

Thanks.

V

I have renamed the Products Object services. In the related list of the Account Object it still shows the title Products. How do I fix this?

Thanks,

V

trigger AnnualInvoiceAmountUpdates on Invoice__c (before insert, before update) {
    if(trigger.isupdate){
        for(Invoice__c a:trigger.new){
            if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'January')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.January__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'January')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.January__c= 0;}             
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'February')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.February__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'February')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.February__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'March')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.March__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'March')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.March__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'April')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.April__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'April')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.April__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'May')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.May__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'May')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.May__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'June')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.June__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'June')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.June__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'July')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.July__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'July')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.July__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'August')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.August__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'August')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.August__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'September')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.September__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'September')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.September__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'October')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.October__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'October')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.October__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'November')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.November__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'November')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.November__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'December')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.December__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'December')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.December__c= 0;}                 
                }
                }
                }

Hello, I am writing an apex class for the above trigger and so far I have only got to 42% of code coverage. I would appreciate some help on improving the apex class to reach 75% code coverage. Below is my apex class.

Public Class AnnualInvoice {
    public static void AnnualInvoice() {
    Invoice__c a = new Invoice__c( 
                                    Billing_Period__c = 'Annual',
                                    Bill_To__c = 'Partner',
                                    Amount__c = 100.52,
                                    Sign_Up_Date__c = Null,
                                    VAT_Number__c = '234929',
                                    VAT_Exempt__c = true
                                    );
    update a;

}
}

trigger ContactNameUpdate on account(before insert, before update)
{    if(trigger.isupdate){       
        for(account a:trigger.new);
        {           
            if((contact.Title = 'Accounts')){               
             contact.FirstName = account.Contact_First_Name__c ;
             contact.LastName = account.Contact_Last_Name__c ;           

}}}}

Error Message: Error: Compile Error: Expression cannot be assigned at line -1 column -1

What I am trying to accomplish here is to Pull the Contact1st and last names from the contact object if Title = Accounts and bring over to the Account object into two custom fields Contact_First_Name__c and Contact_Last_Name__c

I know I am cross referencing objects, but honestly have no idea how to do this right....

Thanks for the help!

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to run an export on an object from salesforce.com using the dataloader but also changing the field headers in the process?

E.g. I have a custom Object called Invoice

Field: Amount__c needs to translate to column header Amount in my csv extract

or id needs to translate to colum header REF_NUM in my csv extract

Is it possible to programatically do this? The reason why I need this is we would like to essentially feed our Oracle Billing system directly from Salesforce without having to rename all the columns and reformatting.

Thanks,

V

Hello Everyone,

Our company has several seperate instances of salesforce.com. Is it possible to use a single sign on to gain access to each instance instead of having to create a login for each instance?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

V

Hi everyone,

I am unable to get anything to come up within firefox. The CTI is not present, nor does firefox even make an attempt to try to connect.

Does anyone know how to get the CTI softphone to show up on my homepage and within the Service Cloud Console?

Thank you,

V

Is there any way to report on deleted objects in the trash can?

I need to audit everything the users have purged the last 6 months and I am not quite sure how to do it, I have looked in the dataloader and at the canned reports.

Thanks,

V

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out how to stop users from entering carriage returns in fields within salesforce.com. Does anyone know how to do this? Is it even possible? Below is my code.

Thanks!

V

CONTAINS( Description__c , '')

When you click on the Find Duplicates button you are taken to a Search for Duplicates Page Layout. On the top part of this page layout there is a list of fields we can check to find for duplicates, the list includes

Name

Last Name

Company

Email

Email Domain

Phone

Out of the above list all except Last Name and Email Domain have their checkboxes defaulted on. How do I check off Email Domain by default?

Hi,

I created a lead assignment rule and queues.

My Crieteria states that if a custom checkbox field called Use Assignment Rule is checked then assign the lead to a particular queue.

This is not working.

Anyone know why? What am I doing wrong?

Is there a way to export emails from the cases object in .eml file type? Can they be exported at all?

Anyone ever tried this or have any experience?

Thanks,

V

Is it possible to overwrite the salesforce.com logo with my companies logo?

Has anyone done this in the service cloud?

Thanks.

V

trigger AnnualInvoiceAmountUpdates on Invoice__c (before insert, before update) {
    if(trigger.isupdate){
        for(Invoice__c a:trigger.new){
            if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'January')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.January__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'January')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.January__c= 0;}             
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'February')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.February__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'February')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.February__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'March')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.March__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'March')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.March__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'April')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.April__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'April')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.April__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'May')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.May__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'May')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.May__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'June')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.June__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'June')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.June__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'July')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.July__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'July')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.July__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'August')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.August__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'August')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.August__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'September')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.September__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'September')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.September__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'October')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.October__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'October')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.October__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'November')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.November__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'November')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.November__c= 0;} 
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c == 'December')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.December__c= a.Amount_Breakdown__c;}
                if((a.Sign_Up_Month__c <> 'December')&&(a.Billing_Period__c== 'Annual')){
                a.December__c= 0;}                 
                }
                }
                }

Hello, I am writing an apex class for the above trigger and so far I have only got to 42% of code coverage. I would appreciate some help on improving the apex class to reach 75% code coverage. Below is my apex class.

Public Class AnnualInvoice {
    public static void AnnualInvoice() {
    Invoice__c a = new Invoice__c( 
                                    Billing_Period__c = 'Annual',
                                    Bill_To__c = 'Partner',
                                    Amount__c = 100.52,
                                    Sign_Up_Date__c = Null,
                                    VAT_Number__c = '234929',
                                    VAT_Exempt__c = true
                                    );
    update a;

}
}

trigger ContactNameUpdate on account(before insert, before update)
{    if(trigger.isupdate){       
        for(account a:trigger.new);
        {           
            if((contact.Title = 'Accounts')){               
             contact.FirstName = account.Contact_First_Name__c ;
             contact.LastName = account.Contact_Last_Name__c ;           

}}}}

Error Message: Error: Compile Error: Expression cannot be assigned at line -1 column -1

What I am trying to accomplish here is to Pull the Contact1st and last names from the contact object if Title = Accounts and bring over to the Account object into two custom fields Contact_First_Name__c and Contact_Last_Name__c

I know I am cross referencing objects, but honestly have no idea how to do this right....

Thanks for the help!

Hello,

I am facing problem where it is logging me out unexpectadly showing a message you are now logged out. Using IE to login to salesforce na1. Hasn't done any changes to IE settings or anything.

Could please tell me what could be the problem. Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone,

I have the need to create a custom button on a visualforce page. I have been able to find documentation on creating a custom button that points to a visualforce page but not one that actually resides on the VF page. Since I am new to this I have no idea where to begin, the VF workbook I have does not have any info. either.

My button is simple, it points to another object within salesforce.com. E.g. the cases object, but needs to render below the button, to where I have multiple static buttons on the top of the VF page and can click on any button and the corresponding page populates below.

Thanks in advance,

V

Error: An adapter for your Call Center was not found or could not be started. Please contact your Salesforce.com administrator to rectify this issue.

I installed the CTI Adapter Version 3.0 yesterday on my machine and I uploaded the Demo Adapter to my developer org. It was working fine yesterday, today I get the above error. I have tried repeatedly the same steps over and over again, uninstalling/reinstalling both the CTI on my machine and the Demo Adapter into salesforce.

Anyone have any sotutions to this issue?

Thanks,

V