• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there, I need to create a contact report based on a value held in an unrelated object. The structure is that we have a custom object called "Offices" which is a master detail relationship to an object called "Sales Team". We went this route as we didn't want to have many text fields on the office page showing which sales teams called on an office. Attached to offices we have the standard "Contacts" object. I want to run a report to show all the offices and it's contacts where the Sales team name = "XXX"

I have created lookups between the "Sales Team" object and the "Contacts" object and created custom reports but can't find a way to return contact names. I think I need to find a way to update the office page with the sales teams name. Was thinking a workflow and formula field update.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi there I want to create a custom link that will sit in the "custom link" section of the home page and allow users to view their business lines. Because business lines is a custom object it doesn't have an owner field so i have created a custom field and populated that with their user id. When I try to run the report from the custom link the filter returns "Owner ID equals {!User.Id}" instead of the user ID.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Hi there hopefully someone can help me out with this.

I have a custom object called Fact Find and once it is populated and dated I want it to be locked so upon the date field not being blank i use a workflow and move it from an open record type to a locked record type. That's all easy enough. I then want to be able to clone that fact find but upon cloning move it to the unlocked record type and make a date field = null. I think this should be possible via workflows but  when I hit the Clone button it takes me to the Records Type selection page rather than to the cloned Fact Find which i think must be bypassing the workflow rules i have created.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Hi there, I want to add the logo for my customers onto the account page. I use the image formula just now but have realised that with the amount of customers we have that the formula length will exceed the allowed text length. Does anybody have a solution to this? Just to make it a bit trickier i'd also like branches to be able to inherit the logo from the head office and not have to sit and add a URL to every record.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Paul

Hi All, I created a custom button to update a couple of fields under the lead object.  While the button actually does update the fields when it refreshes the screen I get the URL no longer exists error.

Here is my code: https://na5.salesforce.com/{!Lead.Id}/e?retURL={Lead.Id}&lea13=Open&00N70000002TcQi=SAL&save=X

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi there I want to create a custom link that will sit in the "custom link" section of the home page and allow users to view their business lines. Because business lines is a custom object it doesn't have an owner field so i have created a custom field and populated that with their user id. When I try to run the report from the custom link the filter returns "Owner ID equals {!User.Id}" instead of the user ID.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

I want to deploy from sandbox to production using change set.  Is there a wayI can push my standard objects using change sets?

• September 01, 2011

Hi there, I want to add the logo for my customers onto the account page. I use the image formula just now but have realised that with the amount of customers we have that the formula length will exceed the allowed text length. Does anybody have a solution to this? Just to make it a bit trickier i'd also like branches to be able to inherit the logo from the head office and not have to sit and add a URL to every record.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Paul

Hi,

I have custom object called "Order" and "Oder Line Items". I wanted to have a "Clone" button on my page layout.

The button should work similar to standard clone button on Opportunity ie. while cloning my "Order"; i want it to ask me for Record Type and an option to clone with the "Order Line Items".

Is it possible using standard clone button. Also, anything needs to be done apart from adding "Clone" button page layout?