• 55 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Since today, we're experimenting a problem in All our orgs (development, sandbox, production). When the system is trying to make some queries, this errors is showing up:

Cannot follow the same foreign key relationship twice name_of_the_field__c

We didn't make any package and either install anything new. Just this morning started to crash! We're really worried about this because all our clients are stopped.

I think the problem comes from really old relationships that we've created (we've been working with SF for a long time), that have the same Child Relationship Name. But this relationships are in a package, and after conctacting with SF they don't allow to change it!

We're stuck at this point, with a case opened and waiting while our clients are stopped. Anyone else is experimenting something similar?

Any help will be really helpful.

Ricard.

Since yesterday I see logs like this one:

bas.CustomSettingsUtils.__sfdc_dispatchChecksByEvent()

The first three letters are my prefix. Right. Next to the prefix the class, but what is this __sfdc__ between my function and the class? It's not in my code, and I've never seen it before. Some clues?

Thanks!

Hi,

We're trying to optimize the use of javascript and visualforce pages and we decided to move all the code to different javascript files. The problem is, if I have something like this:

alert('{!$ObjectType.Custom_Object__c.Name}');

This is just an example, where I'm printing the name of an SObject

The problem is with the expression between {! }. If we store this code in a .js file and we put it in a Static Resource the expression is never being compiled. Is there a way to organize our code without having to hardcode all the javascript code in the VisualForce pages?

Thanks! :)

Hi everyone,

Imagine the next situation: a company starts developing an application in Salesforce, using a Developer Org and creating managed packages. The project grows and the company started to have multiple clients, the developers solved the integration problems using different extension packages. Until here everything is OK, the problem shows up when the developer team is also growing and appears the necessity of handle different developments at the same time. Salesforce recommends having one dev org per developer, but copying all the metadata to developers orgs is really difficult (multi-currency feature enabled, removing the prefix, un-deprecating fields and so on). An alternative is to use sandboxes created from production. But this approach is also problematic, because the package is already installed in sandbox, and it's not possible to modify its code.

We are kind of lost right now.

Does anyone know how we could face this problem?
How can we organize our development process into the salesforce infrastructure with:
6 developers

One application in development already in a Managed Packaged (in the way that all those 6 devs can work without interfering each other's work)
One application that has special features activated as multi-currency, partner portal, that takes time to activate
How can we split our developer org in different ones (dev or sandboxes) to work efficiently?

Thanks in advance.

Today we deleted accidentally a class from a Managed Package in our Developer Org (Winter 12). Now we're trying to put it back and this error is shown:

Error: Class name is already in use or has been previously used

Saleforce didn't check if this class had dependences and deleted without any problem. Now can't we use the same name for a class?? Is there no way to undelete it??

Thanks

Since today, we're experimenting a problem in All our orgs (development, sandbox, production). When the system is trying to make some queries, this errors is showing up:

Cannot follow the same foreign key relationship twice name_of_the_field__c

We didn't make any package and either install anything new. Just this morning started to crash! We're really worried about this because all our clients are stopped.

I think the problem comes from really old relationships that we've created (we've been working with SF for a long time), that have the same Child Relationship Name. But this relationships are in a package, and after conctacting with SF they don't allow to change it!

We're stuck at this point, with a case opened and waiting while our clients are stopped. Anyone else is experimenting something similar?

Any help will be really helpful.

Ricard.

Since yesterday I see logs like this one:

bas.CustomSettingsUtils.__sfdc_dispatchChecksByEvent()

The first three letters are my prefix. Right. Next to the prefix the class, but what is this __sfdc__ between my function and the class? It's not in my code, and I've never seen it before. Some clues?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Imagine the next situation: a company starts developing an application in Salesforce, using a Developer Org and creating managed packages. The project grows and the company started to have multiple clients, the developers solved the integration problems using different extension packages. Until here everything is OK, the problem shows up when the developer team is also growing and appears the necessity of handle different developments at the same time. Salesforce recommends having one dev org per developer, but copying all the metadata to developers orgs is really difficult (multi-currency feature enabled, removing the prefix, un-deprecating fields and so on). An alternative is to use sandboxes created from production. But this approach is also problematic, because the package is already installed in sandbox, and it's not possible to modify its code.

We are kind of lost right now.

Does anyone know how we could face this problem?
How can we organize our development process into the salesforce infrastructure with:
6 developers

One application in development already in a Managed Packaged (in the way that all those 6 devs can work without interfering each other's work)
One application that has special features activated as multi-currency, partner portal, that takes time to activate
How can we split our developer org in different ones (dev or sandboxes) to work efficiently?

Thanks in advance.

Today we deleted accidentally a class from a Managed Package in our Developer Org (Winter 12). Now we're trying to put it back and this error is shown:

Error: Class name is already in use or has been previously used

Saleforce didn't check if this class had dependences and deleted without any problem. Now can't we use the same name for a class?? Is there no way to undelete it??

Thanks

Hi Salesforce Gurus,

When I am opening the System Log (or Developer Console) in Sandbox and I am getting this error message:

Error: Open request failed

Requested entity 07LT000000DMX7L was not found.

~NK

• October 07, 2011

Does anyone know if there is a new release coming up for IDE? Are there alternatives for force.com ide? 

• September 28, 2011

Has anyone else noticed the System Log hanging after the Winter 12 Sandbox release?  In both Chrome and IE the system log seems to peg the CPU @ 50% and the browsers become unresponsive.  Our team is rapidly aproaching development deadlines and this is delaying our progress quite severely.  

Any insights that may resolve would be greatly appreciated!

I am new to visualforce development and I have a question regarding lookup fields.

I have a visualforce page in which I am displaying data using jqgrid. The controller returns json data, which is consumed by the jqgrid. This works fine.

When I select and edit a row,  jqgrid generates a form dyanmically with HTML input field based on the column definition given  and prepopulates the data for that row  under each field.

Now my problem is , one of the field in the form is a look up field  and I want to show the lookupfield icon next to the field. in otherwords, I want to mimic the behaviour of lookup field on a html input field.

Does any one have suggestions on how this can be done?

Help much appreciated.

jackson

The Visualforce guide "Controller Extensions" section states:

Because this extension works in conjunction with the Account standard controller, the standard controller methods are also available.

However, this does not seem to work when the calling page is in the same package as the controller extension.

For example, I have a package custom object ( "i__Email__c" ) and a controller extension written for it ( "i.CtlEmail" ).

In a "target" org (where the package has been deployed - not the DE org where the package was written), I can create a unpackaged page that uses my custom object and its controller extension:

Code:
<apex:page standardController="i__Email__c" extensions="i.CtlEmail">
{!i__Email__c.i__Type__c} email, sent at {!sentAt}
<apex:outputText rendered="false" value="{!i__Email__c.i__Sent__c}"/>
</apex:page>

This page works fine - the "{!i__Email__c.i__Type__c}" reference calls the standard controller's "geti__Email__c()" method, and the "{!sentAt}" reference calls the extension's "getSentAt()" method (which relies on the i__Sent__c field, thus mandating the unrendered outputText field to force the standard controller to query for that field).

However, let's say that I want the above page to be part of my package.  So, back on my development org, I make a new (packaged) page which has exact same markup seen above.  It saves & runs just fine in the DE org.

Note that, post-save, the markup has been changed to remove the namespace references:

Code:
<apex:page standardController="Email__c" extensions="CtlEmail">
{!Email__c.Type__c} email, sent at {!sentAt}
<apex:outputText rendered="false" value="{!Email__c.Sent__c}"/>

That makes sense in the context of Salesforce's default namespace treatment in DE orgs.

So, let's roll out a new package with our page and deploy it to our target org.

Problem - the deployed page doesn't work!

Note that its unpackaged twin, with the exact same code, still works fine.

The error mesage implies that our page is asking for 'i__Email__cStandardController.Email__c', but should be asking for 'i__Email__cStandardController.i__Email__c'.  However, there is no way to compile a reference like that in our DE org, because the namespace gets removed  when {!i__Email__c.Name} becomes {!Email__c.Name}.

We will workaround this bug by exposing our own version of the Email__c object and changing the page references to use that instead:

Code:
Email__c msg = null;
global Email__c getMsg() {
  if (msg == null) msg = [select .... ];
  return msg;
  }

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<apex:page standardController="Email__c" extensions="CtlEmail">
{!Msg.Type__c} email, sent at {!sentAt}
<apex:outputText rendered="false" value="{!Msg.Sent__c}"/>

This isn't an ideal solution - it's not quite as "salesforcey" because we aren't using the built-in object accessor that comes for free with the standard controller (and whose query SOQL is derived on the fly from the page references - instead we have to hardcode our query).

Notes:

1.  I have the error (failing packaged page plus working unpackaged copy) reproducing in a DE org right now if Salesforce wants to take a look.

2. the page above is a "reduced" version of the real pages that exhibit this bug.  The real pages are more complex, but the basic gist is the same.

Message Edited by jhart on 11-25-2008 04:01 PM
  • October 27, 2008