• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

My customer portal profile  is "Customer Portal", and licence is "Overage Customer Portal Manager Custom" .This profile  does not have permission to edit Questions. How can I grant permissions to this profile(or cloned profile) edit Questions.

Thanks

Vishal.

• April 25, 2013

Hi,

We are trying to use apex:inputField to edit the field body of Standard Object "Question" in a visualforcepage.

Our problem is that the editor which renders with apex:inputField is visible when we look at the visualforce page inside SFDC.

But, it doesn't render when we call this page inside Salesforce site.

We need apex:inputField since we want to give user the ability to upload image while editing the post.

We have given permissions to all fields. 

Can you please help us with this?

• July 31, 2012

Hey Everyone,

We are trying to deactivate customer portal email notification settings but we are unable to do it. We don't find anything in the documents. May be we are missing something. Can anybosy please help us to knwo how to deactivate customer poratl email notification to the new user.

Thanks,

Kanupriya

• July 19, 2012

Hi All,

I am trying to embed multimedia videos in knwoledge base articles. Acc to summner'12 it is possible using source tag in rich text area. But we are not getting any source tag in RichTextArea and also in knowledge base settings we are not getting "Allow users to add external multi-media content to the standard HTML editor". 

Can anybody please suggest us how to do this or anyother changes that we forget?

Thanks,

KP

• July 10, 2012

I've written a trigger on Account object. When I upload records using Dataloader, or update them using Batch apex(200 batch size), this trigger executes on all records if there is no error. But, it misses the complete batch if there is an error while updating/inserting at-least one record.

Can someone give some direction on this?

Please note that accounts having no errors in the batch get updated/inserted, but trigger code is rolled-back on whole batch

Please find below the two versions of the trigger(before and after), both dont work:

VERSION -1

trigger accountScorerTrigger on Account (before insert, before update) {

if(Trigger.isUpdate || Trigger.isInsert) {
       if(Utility.isFutureUpdate){
          List<Account> accList = new List<Account>();
           // Iterate through all records
          for (Account newAccount:Trigger.new) {
              Account tempAcc = new Account(id = newAccount.id);
              tempAcc.Account_Score_History__c = 'TESTING RECORDS 3';
              accList.add(tempAcc);
          }
          Utility.isFutureUpdate = false;
          if(accList.size()>0){
               //update accList;
               Database.DMLOptions dml = new Database.DMLOptions();
               dml.optAllOrNone = true;
               database.update(accList,dml);
          }
      }
   }

}

VERSION -2

newAccount.Account_Score_History__c = 'TESTING RECORDS 5';
        }
}

Thanks,

Vishal

• June 22, 2012

Hi,

I have a single template and I want to switch its few sections according to the vf pages which are calling this template.

All Similar type vf pages have different controllers and can extend from one base controller which is called from a template.

Is there any way to set a variable in from visualforce pages controllers so that my template knows from which pages its been called.

Thanks,

Vishal 

• May 18, 2012

Hey guys ,

I hva e an requirment to show a report for portal users but i don't want ot give them the permission to customize the report?

So can Anybody please help me for this..??

Thanks,

kp

• December 28, 2011

I need to get the ids of master Ideas when I am merging the duplicate ideas in SalesForce. I got the parentIdeaId but I didn't get the master id of the merged Idea. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Kp

• December 27, 2011

Hi All,

My customer portal profile  is "Customer Portal", and licence is "Overage Customer Portal Manager Custom" .This profile  does not have permission to edit Questions. How can I grant permissions to this profile(or cloned profile) edit Questions.

Thanks

Vishal.

• April 25, 2013

Environment : PHP SOAP API using Partner WSDL

[sf:INVALID_FIELD] INVALID_FIELD: No such column '' on entity 'Goal__c'.

Here's a snippet of the source, I'm almost 100% sure that the code provided by SalesForce is resetting the fields array to NULL. I've stepped through this about 100x and have proved that it generates semantically correct xml until it passes the document through the update method. Something then happens on the salesforce side and the error above is returned.

$fields['goal__c'] = '1';
$fields['EndDate__c'] = '2012-12-05';
$fields['Type__c'] = 'Monthly';
$fields['StartDate__c'] = '2012-09-01';

$sObject = new sObject();
$sObject->type = 'Goal__c';// Salesforce Table or object that you will perform the update on
$sObject->fields = $fields;
$sObject->Id = "a00E0000005HoXUIA0";

$sObjects[] = $sObject;

$upsertResult = $client->update($sObjects);

• October 12, 2012

Hi,

We are trying to use apex:inputField to edit the field body of Standard Object "Question" in a visualforcepage.

Our problem is that the editor which renders with apex:inputField is visible when we look at the visualforce page inside SFDC.

But, it doesn't render when we call this page inside Salesforce site.

We need apex:inputField since we want to give user the ability to upload image while editing the post.

We have given permissions to all fields. 

Can you please help us with this?

• July 31, 2012

Hey Everyone,

We are trying to deactivate customer portal email notification settings but we are unable to do it. We don't find anything in the documents. May be we are missing something. Can anybosy please help us to knwo how to deactivate customer poratl email notification to the new user.

Thanks,

Kanupriya

• July 19, 2012

Hi All,

I am trying to embed multimedia videos in knwoledge base articles. Acc to summner'12 it is possible using source tag in rich text area. But we are not getting any source tag in RichTextArea and also in knowledge base settings we are not getting "Allow users to add external multi-media content to the standard HTML editor". 

Can anybody please suggest us how to do this or anyother changes that we forget?

Thanks,

KP

• July 10, 2012

I've written a trigger on Account object. When I upload records using Dataloader, or update them using Batch apex(200 batch size), this trigger executes on all records if there is no error. But, it misses the complete batch if there is an error while updating/inserting at-least one record.

Can someone give some direction on this?

Please note that accounts having no errors in the batch get updated/inserted, but trigger code is rolled-back on whole batch

Please find below the two versions of the trigger(before and after), both dont work:

VERSION -1

if(Utility.isFutureUpdate){
          List<Account> accList = new List<Account>();
           // Iterate through all records
              Account tempAcc = new Account(id = newAccount.id);
              tempAcc.Account_Score_History__c = 'TESTING RECORDS 3';
              accList.add(tempAcc);
          }
          Utility.isFutureUpdate = false;
          if(accList.size()>0){
               //update accList;
               Database.DMLOptions dml = new Database.DMLOptions();
               dml.optAllOrNone = true;
               database.update(accList,dml);
          }
      }
   }

}

VERSION -2

newAccount.Account_Score_History__c = 'TESTING RECORDS 5';
        }
}

Thanks,

Vishal

• June 22, 2012

Hi All,

i wrote vf page for events.like this

public class eventsearch

{

public boolean cat{set;get;}

list<event> elist=new list<event>();

event e=new event();

public event getdates()

{

return e;

}

public void findevents()

{
cat=true;

if(e.startdate__c!==null)

{

date d=e.startdate__c;

for(event e:[select startdate__c from event where startdate__C>=:d])

{

elist.add(e);}
}

}

public list<event> getvalues()

{

return elist;

}

}

page like this:

<apex:page sidebar="false" controller="eventsearch"> 

<apex:form >

<apex:inputfield value="{!dates.startdate__c}"/> 

<apex:commandButton action="{!findevents}" value="find"/> 

<apex:outputPanel rendered="{!cat}"> 

<apex:pageBlock > 

<apex:pageblocktable value="{!values}" var="ee"> 

<apex:column headerValue="from" value="{!ee.startdate__c}"/> 

</apex:pageblocktable> 

</apex:pageBlock> 

</apex:outputPanel> 

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

In the above code input field is displayed in vf page.but not visible in salesforce sites. But i did all CRUD and Field level security permissions for guest user. any one can u please help me.

Thanks in advance.

anu.....

• September 07, 2011

How many times a trigger will be executed when try to insert 1000 records to a standard object like Accounts. How to test this? Thank you very much in advance.

Hi,

I wat to ask about vf page in customer portal.. I have created the visualforce page and set it into custom tab, in the visualforce page I have apex:inputField. The problem is the apex:inputField not showing in the customer portal but in standard instance, it's showing.. Is this the limitation of customer portal for not showing apex:inputField tag in visualforce page or is there something needs to be configured..

Any suggestions would be great...