• 10 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have DupeBlocker installed in our Salesforce instance. It works fine and as expected for all of the standard Account & Contact record creations that we do.

I have a new flow that I am making which contains a 'Record Create' node in the flow layout that creates a new Account record. This works fine for unique records that don't trigger DupeBlocker, however if I create a record that causes DupeBlocker to trigger, an exception is thrown saying "An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow". I've successfully added a 'FAULT' branch to my flow, which will bring up a screen of my own where I can show an error message, but what I really need to do is for the system to show the same DupeBlocker popup that users get with the standard Account record creation.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing or have any kind of suggestions on how to attack the problem?

Thanks in advance.

-Matt Beitler
Chatham Financial

I'm having an issue with using the 'Dropdown list' field type on a Screen in the Flow Designer.

The first attached image shows a simple example of the kind of Screen & 'Dropdown list' field I am dealing with. The Flow Designer interface doesn't appear to provide a means of indicating whether or not the 'Dropdown list' field is required. I've noticed that under the 'Textbox' field type, there is a "Required" checkbox that allows this kind of behavior to be set, but the 'Dropdown list' field type doesn't have this option available via the interface of the Flow Designer.

My problem is that the 'Dropdown list' actually shows up as a required field (see the second attached image). Even more confusing is that when I use the Flow Designer Explorer tab to look at the Properties of my Example_Dropdown_List that I’ve created, the description says "Required: false" (see the third attached image).

Anyone have any insights?

Thanks.

-Matt Beitler

Example Dropdown List bug 001 

Example Dropdown List bug 002

Example Dropdown List bug 003

We have DupeBlocker installed in our Salesforce instance. It works fine and as expected for all of the standard Account & Contact record creations that we do.

I have a new flow that I am making which contains a 'Record Create' node in the flow layout that creates a new Account record. This works fine for unique records that don't trigger DupeBlocker, however if I create a record that causes DupeBlocker to trigger, an exception is thrown saying "An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow". I've successfully added a 'FAULT' branch to my flow, which will bring up a screen of my own where I can show an error message, but what I really need to do is for the system to show the same DupeBlocker popup that users get with the standard Account record creation.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing or have any kind of suggestions on how to attack the problem?

Thanks in advance.

-Matt Beitler
Chatham Financial

I'm having an issue with using the 'Dropdown list' field type on a Screen in the Flow Designer.

The first attached image shows a simple example of the kind of Screen & 'Dropdown list' field I am dealing with. The Flow Designer interface doesn't appear to provide a means of indicating whether or not the 'Dropdown list' field is required. I've noticed that under the 'Textbox' field type, there is a "Required" checkbox that allows this kind of behavior to be set, but the 'Dropdown list' field type doesn't have this option available via the interface of the Flow Designer.

My problem is that the 'Dropdown list' actually shows up as a required field (see the second attached image). Even more confusing is that when I use the Flow Designer Explorer tab to look at the Properties of my Example_Dropdown_List that I’ve created, the description says "Required: false" (see the third attached image).

Anyone have any insights?

Thanks.

-Matt Beitler

Example Dropdown List bug 001 

Example Dropdown List bug 002

Example Dropdown List bug 003

For some reason my variables from my Flow are passing back as null to my VF Controller extension.  Trying to set the finish page using these. Was able to understand how in another post (Rajaram).

Controller extension is below.  The vafacilityid is an Input/Output variable in Flow FacilityLookup and should return the Account ID newly created. In the flow I added a screen that validates that the variable does have a value at the end of the flow so something is wrong with the controller?

Controller Extension

public class flowFinishContExt_Acct {

private final Account acct;

public flowFinishContExt_Acct(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
this.acct = (Account)stdController.getRecord();
}

public Flow.Interview.FacilityLookup atFlow {get; set;}

public String getaccountID() {
if (atFlow==null) return '';
else return atFlow.vafacilityid;
}

public PageReference getFinishPage(){
PageReference p = new PageReference(''/apex/FacilityMainTabbed' + getaccountId());
p.setRedirect(true);
return p;
}

}

On the design canvas, I have 4 dropdown choice elements that do not show as required (e.g., no Red bar next to them, nor have I check any Required box in their definition).

But when the flow is run, all dropdown choice fields become required, with both a read bar to the left of the field and a clearly enforced required validation complaint if one tries to pretend they are options.

Any idea how I can avoid having all dropdown choice field being required?  I'm clearly missing something basic :smileyfrustrated: