• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a Lookup Relationship field (Opportunity) in Cases to link the two together. There is lots of technical information that we need in order to troubleshoot the problem so I  would like to display that technical info from the opportunity in the cases. Whats the best way to do this?

Also question on Lookup Relationships, is it actually building a physical link with ID's from the one object to the other? Or is it just putting the opportunity name in there?

• May 03, 2013

I have a Lookup Relationship field (Opportunity) in Cases to link the two together. There is lots of technical information that we need in order to troubleshoot the problem so I  would like to display that technical info from the opportunity in the cases. Whats the best way to do this?

Also question on Lookup Relationships, is it actually building a physical link with ID's from the one object to the other? Or is it just putting the opportunity name in there?

• May 03, 2013

Is it possible to put the following logic into salesforce when the opportunity record is saved. If address 3 is blank, add the data from address 2. If address 2 is blank, add the data from address 1. Is this possible? We deal with 3 type of address fields, Client address, ship to address and physical product location address. Sometimes they are all the sames and sometimes they can all be different.

I just want to prevent the user from having to enter in all the address information multiple times if they are all the same. So if all addresses are the same the user doesnt have to fill in that data. This cant just be done using formula fields cause if they are in fact different addresses i need the user to enter each address accordingly.

• May 02, 2013

Hey there, im customizing our SalesForce database and can foresee some possible problems in logic and  future reporting. Im wondering hows the best way to handle this situation.  Basically I need to know if its possible to report on one field 3, ifs its empty to report on field 2 if that’s empty report on field 1. Its for addresses, (client address, shipping address, physical location address)

I don’t want the user to have to enter in the address 3 times if they are all the same, which is often. But just as often all 3 can be different (which they will have to enter them in), or client and shipping will be the same and physical address is different. I want our cases to be by physical address of the sign, but its not always going to be there if same as and of the other two… etc..

I also can see problem right away with shipping address on the ivoice template ive already built using Conga Merge trial. If its the same as client address its not always going to be on my invoice. Whats the best way to handle this logic? Make the users enter in the address 3 times wont be fun.

I hope this is clear enough. Its a simple but yet tricky problem.

• April 30, 2013

First off im very new to salesforce

Basically I want to build model number field based on 3 other fields (two of which are picklist). But it seems i can only use one case statement in the forumla field

Currently this works

---------------------------------

CASE( Color_Display__c,
"Tri Color", "LSS-TC",
"Full Color", "LSS-FC",
"Single Color", "LSS-SC","")

(oh also i dont know why i need the last comma and double quotes at the end of this case. If i leave it "Single Color", "LSS-SC") it gives me error when i check my syntax. It says, "Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function 'CASE()'. Expected 6, received 7" If anyone can explain that to me that would be great. But anyways the above works, i just would like to know why i need the last  ,""

So on with the question:

CASE( Color_Display__c,
"Tri Color", "LSS-TC",
"Full Color", "LSS-FC",

CASE(Software__c,
"Video Star", Model__c = Model__c & "VS-",
"Image Star", Model__c = Model__c &  "IS-","")

Model__c = Model__c & Pitch

Also i know it gives an error referencing its own self. This is how i build string in VB or any other programming language. How am i to do this in the formula field?

So at the end i just want the model field to read for example

LSS-TCVS-20

if the options Tri Color, Video Star and what ever numeric value is entered into pitch.

Thanks for any and all help in advance.

• April 23, 2013

• May 03, 2013

Is it possible to put the following logic into salesforce when the opportunity record is saved. If address 3 is blank, add the data from address 2. If address 2 is blank, add the data from address 1. Is this possible? We deal with 3 type of address fields, Client address, ship to address and physical product location address. Sometimes they are all the sames and sometimes they can all be different.

I just want to prevent the user from having to enter in all the address information multiple times if they are all the same. So if all addresses are the same the user doesnt have to fill in that data. This cant just be done using formula fields cause if they are in fact different addresses i need the user to enter each address accordingly.

• May 02, 2013

Hey there, im customizing our SalesForce database and can foresee some possible problems in logic and  future reporting. Im wondering hows the best way to handle this situation.  Basically I need to know if its possible to report on one field 3, ifs its empty to report on field 2 if that’s empty report on field 1. Its for addresses, (client address, shipping address, physical location address)

I don’t want the user to have to enter in the address 3 times if they are all the same, which is often. But just as often all 3 can be different (which they will have to enter them in), or client and shipping will be the same and physical address is different. I want our cases to be by physical address of the sign, but its not always going to be there if same as and of the other two… etc..

I also can see problem right away with shipping address on the ivoice template ive already built using Conga Merge trial. If its the same as client address its not always going to be on my invoice. Whats the best way to handle this logic? Make the users enter in the address 3 times wont be fun.

I hope this is clear enough. Its a simple but yet tricky problem.

• April 30, 2013

First off im very new to salesforce

Basically I want to build model number field based on 3 other fields (two of which are picklist). But it seems i can only use one case statement in the forumla field

Currently this works

---------------------------------

CASE( Color_Display__c,
"Tri Color", "LSS-TC",
"Full Color", "LSS-FC",

(oh also i dont know why i need the last comma and double quotes at the end of this case. If i leave it "Single Color", "LSS-SC") it gives me error when i check my syntax. It says, "Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function 'CASE()'. Expected 6, received 7" If anyone can explain that to me that would be great. But anyways the above works, i just would like to know why i need the last  ,""

So on with the question:

CASE( Color_Display__c,
"Tri Color", "LSS-TC",
"Full Color", "LSS-FC",

CASE(Software__c,
"Video Star", Model__c = Model__c & "VS-",
"Image Star", Model__c = Model__c &  "IS-","")

Model__c = Model__c & Pitch

Also i know it gives an error referencing its own self. This is how i build string in VB or any other programming language. How am i to do this in the formula field?

So at the end i just want the model field to read for example

LSS-TCVS-20

if the options Tri Color, Video Star and what ever numeric value is entered into pitch.

Thanks for any and all help in advance.

• April 23, 2013