• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have records listed in "Recent Contacts", both with green phone icons beside their phone numbers. One will fire the Open CTI onClickToDial event, the other will not. The green phone icon seems indicative that they both have clickToCall enabled, and they both have identical phone numbers. Why is triggering the onClickToDial event, and the other is not ?

However...the difference between the contacts is that one is also a user, and the other is not. If I go into the one who is a user, and look at his settings, the phone is dimmed there, and hovering tells me that Click to Call is disabled....but how to turn it on ?

Hi,

I have records listed in "Recent Contacts", each with green phone icons beside their phone numbers. One will fire the Open CTI onClickToDial event, the other will not. The green phone icon seems indicative that they both have clickToCall enabled, and they both have identical phone numbers. Why is triggering the onClickToDial event, and the other is not ?

The difference between the contacts is that one is also a user, and the other is not. If I go into the one who is a user, and look at his settings, the phone is dimmed there, and hovering tells me that Click to Call is disabled....but how to turn it back on ?

Hi,

I have 2 Open CTI API event handlers running within my .aspx page: enableClickToDial, and onClickToDial.

The first one is triggered by a button in my .aspx and it fires as it should and I get an alert "Click to dial was enabled.":

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://c.na15.visual.force.com/support/api/25.0/interaction.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var callback = function (response) {
alert(response.result);
if (response.result) {
alert('Click to dial was enabled.');
} else {
alert('Click to dial was not enabled.');
}
};
function enableClickToDial() {

sforce.interaction.cti.enableClickToDial(callback);
}
</script>

the second one should be firing when a user clicks on a phone number (the little phone icon) within Salesforce, but I get no event firing for that:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://c.na15.visual.force.com/support/api/25.0/interaction.js"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript">
       var listener = function (response) {
           if (response.result) {
               alert('User clicked on a phone number.' + response.result);
           } else {
               alert('Crap !');
           }
       };
       //Invokes API method
       sforce.interaction.cti.onClickToDial(listener);
    </script>

So the fact that the first one fires seems to tell me that I think I know what I'm doing, but if anyone can tell me why the second one won't fire, I'd love to hear it. They are both in the same location within the .aspx page (HEAD section).

Thanks,

Barry

Hi,

I'm working on my Open CTI Softphone, and my goal is to provide as much of the functionality that you'd seen in the desktop install version as possible. At the moment I'm trying to figure out a way to pull recent callers from Salesforce, so I can integrate them into my softphone (scollable section), with active Click to Call against them. The idea being someone can call a recent caller back very easily.

Does anyone know how to pull recent caller information from Salesfoce ?...I'm not seeing it in the Open CTI Developers Guide.

Thanks,

Barry

Proactively, Click to Dial (clicking on the little phone icon beside someone name) has stopped working. I didn't change any settings, but now there is no post-back to the server....just dead clicks.

Any suggestions ?

Barry

Hi,

For some reason, it seems extremely challenging to find information on how to create Open CTI softphones, with similar features to the desktop adapter version.

Ultimtalely I'm looking for the source (HTML/JavaScript) for a full-featured Open CTI Softphone, but I'll settle for just the dial-pad if anyones got an example ?

Thanks,

Barry

This might be a radical idea/suggestion...but...in the Call Center settings (using Open CTI), can you specify a URL that points to an .aspx page instead of an HTML page, to generate the softphone's HTML/Javascript content ?

As in: 

CTI Adapter URL http://my-web-server/MyCompanysSalesforce/Dafault.aspx

...that would be a cool way to serve up the HTML/JavaScript required by the Open CTI API to generate the softphone and connect with Salesforce, while at the same time allowing for backend C# code to handle other custom tasks required on the customers end....like sim-ring of other phones etc.

Is this plausuble ?

Thanks,

Barry

Hi,

After a few days of Salesforce research we have to decided to go the Open CTI route. I donloaded the demo that simulates a few call scenarios, but is missing the dial pad, and other functionality that a typical customer would expect in a CTI implementation for their telephony system.

I'd really like to know if there's a sample that is "telephony ready" for integration into a CTI telephony system (meaning the basic hooks required to pull it off), and one that demonstrates the functions most would expect to see in the final product...like the dial-pad...

This would save me days (possibly weeks) of trying to string it all together from scratch.

Thanks,

Barry

Regarding integrating a Web Service: http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Integrating_Force.com_with_Microsoft_.NET

I'm writing an app that needs to communicate with a Salesforce call center to monitor calls being made from the users dialpad, which I in turn will sim-ring with the users desktop phone. So in essance, I need to listen for dial-pad calls of any user I have access to, and know when calls are being initiated, and the number they are calling.

At first I was looking at the CTI Toolkit adapter as the only means to communicate with a Salesforce call centre, but if I can do it through a Service or Web Reference API, then that would be ideal. All Salesforce users who use a call center (dial pad) have to have the adapter installed anyway from my understanding, so for my development efforts I would also have to have the adapter installed on my development boxand try to interface with it...blah blah blah.

If I can just use a service/web reference directly within my C# windows app, then that woule be ideal.

Can the Force.com SOAP API, via a service/web reference monitor and track the Salesforce call center, and it's dialpad made available to all users of it ?

Thanks,

Barry
(Salesforce Newbie)

Does anyone know of a C# based version of the CTI Demo Adapter ?

I'm totally not a C++ guy, and I'll need to customize it somewhat (addiotnal right click menu options and screens etc.).

Thanks,

Barry

I've read that it can take 3 weeks to write a custom custom adaptor, and I don't have that kind if time. I'm tasked with developing a connector between my clients telephony system and Salesforce. It seems the adaptor is the key to bridge a salesforce call centre with the clients telephony interface API at the other end.

The customers parameters are fairly straightforward:

serverURL (or an IP)
tenantID
extension
password

Any advice would be appeciated. If it's just a matter of modifying the DemoAdapter.xml file with the required and custom paramaters, then that would be ideal.

Barry O'Neill

Hello !

I've recently been tasked with integrating a clients CTI (phone system) into Salesforce, in a .Net development environment, and I'm trying to sift through the instructions, so I thought maybe someone could "nutshell" it for me, and let me know if I'm off on anything so far !

I downloaded the CTI Toolkit, and added (copied) the DemoAdaptor project over to my solution and did a build. The bin directory wthin BrowserConnector has the generated connector .exe. When I run it, I get the red Salesforce.com icon in the tray, and the right-click menu gives me options for Logging and About, but no further configuration items, so I assume I'm done. I also assume that when I did the build it captured whatever localhost information it needed, and will be good as is.

I logged into the Salesforce website (https://login.salesforce.com) using the URL and credentials I got in my welcome email, which seems to be a developers instance of what would be used in a real-world install. I figured out how to create a Call Center, and import the DemoAdapter.xml that is associated with my local project build. I then did the Manage Call Center Users thing and added myself as a user to it. My phone number is associated with my profile, so I assume that's the number magic would happen against.

If I'm off on anything required to get the basics up and running at this point, please advise...

If I'm correct so far, how do I test it ?

Thanks,

bitHead

Hi,

I have records listed in "Recent Contacts", each with green phone icons beside their phone numbers. One will fire the Open CTI onClickToDial event, the other will not. The green phone icon seems indicative that they both have clickToCall enabled, and they both have identical phone numbers. Why is triggering the onClickToDial event, and the other is not ?

The difference between the contacts is that one is also a user, and the other is not. If I go into the one who is a user, and look at his settings, the phone is dimmed there, and hovering tells me that Click to Call is disabled....but how to turn it back on ?

This might be a radical idea/suggestion...but...in the Call Center settings (using Open CTI), can you specify a URL that points to an .aspx page instead of an HTML page, to generate the softphone's HTML/Javascript content ?

As in: 

CTI Adapter URL http://my-web-server/MyCompanysSalesforce/Dafault.aspx

...that would be a cool way to serve up the HTML/JavaScript required by the Open CTI API to generate the softphone and connect with Salesforce, while at the same time allowing for backend C# code to handle other custom tasks required on the customers end....like sim-ring of other phones etc.

Is this plausuble ?

Thanks,

Barry

Does anyone know of a C# based version of the CTI Demo Adapter ?

I'm totally not a C++ guy, and I'll need to customize it somewhat (addiotnal right click menu options and screens etc.).

Thanks,

Barry

UPDATED: 

Although I haven't solved the pop problem, after some digging I realize that the javascript used in the salesforce CTI processing is fully commented and available, so I should be able to debug and solve my screen pop issue. 

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum, feel free to move my question to the appropriate location.

I am finishing my final testing on a Cisco UCM CTI Connector softphone adapter.  I have taken the .NET/C# "wrapper" code from the CTI Toolkit 4.0 and completely rewritten the CTIToolkit from C++ to C# and replaced all of the COM and old C++ code and requirements for the MS office toolkit dll with custom C# code to produce a 100% .NET/C# connector.  I'm trying to release a final product but I can't seem to get the search results to "screen pop" on salesforce.  

I have installed the Demo 4.0 adapter, configured my salesforce account appropriately and I can get it to screen pop a matching incoming phone call.  When I replace the demo adapter with my custom adapter, I get the search match result on the softphone but it never pops the screen to the appropriate account/contact/etc.  I'm using a Contact with a dummy phone number for testing, demo adapter works, mine doesn't.  Firefox vs IE (both configured to allow window pops) doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've dumped a detailed log from the demo adapter and been comparing to my log, and I can't quite figure out what XML data the demo adapter is sending that I am not.  When I look at the serialized XML data streams, for line in "RINGING" mode, the CTIRelatedObjectSets and subelements are pretty much exactly the same.  

My question (hopefully to an internal programmer with knowledge), is what are the "exact" conditions, fields and data that I must send in the XML response from my adapter to trigger a screen pop on the search results?  

Should I send the UIRefresh multiple times (say for each physical ring on the tapi interface)?  I read somewhere that the pop doesn't work reliably if you answer the phone too quick, but even if wait for a few seconds of incoming rings, it never get the search pop.  

Any thoughts or ideas on what to try next?  If knew exactly what trigger the pop on the salesforce javascript side, that would be immensely helpful.

Thanks.

-Jeff Bakke