• SurveyMonkey/TechValidate

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Everyone,

I would like to install and test an app exchange application. I can install it from my Developer Edition or any other Salesforce Edition (Unlimited/Enterprise). Is it possible to directly install an applicaiton to any of the following sandbox instead of going through production / developer edition? 
  • Developer
  • Developer Pro
  • Partial Copy 
  • March 04, 2016
We use the InsideSales Domino List, which logs calls with tasks upserted from their external system. Right now, our calls are inconsistently logging to Salesforce, and InsideSales said they are seeing the following error:

Upsert on Salesforce Failed as access user for the following reasons:
CODE: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION MESSAGE: The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 30170000000XjcB. Contact your administrator for help.

MESSAGE: The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 30170000000XjZC. Contact your administrator for help.

MESSAGE: The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 30170000000CiW5. Contact your administrator for help.

The version ID included in the error message shows me an "Insufficient Privileges" error (even though I'm a sys admin), and we have no problem creating or updating tasks within Salesforce. How can I identify the process or flow that is triggering this error, and how can I figure what's wrong with it?

Thanks for your help!
Hello

I have a requirement that asks me to show child opportunities and child tasks(activities) on the parent account.  I have created Parent/Child Hierarchy for the accounts.  What they want is anytime a sales person creates an opportunity or a task on a child, they see it in a related list on the parent.

I created 2 lookup fields.  One on Opportunity and one on activity custom fields.  

I then went to Process Builder and used the following:

For Opportunity -- 

Choose Object and Specify When to Start the Process
Object * Opportunity
Start Process* When record is created or edited

Define Criteria for this Action Group
*No criteria- just execute the actions

TRUE >Immediate Actions>Add actions>

Select and Define Action
Action type*Update Records

Record type > Select a record to update* Select the Opportunity record that started your process

Criteria for Updating Records* No criteria- just execute the actions

Set new field values for the records you update***
Field* Parent Account Lookup 
Type* Reference
Value* Account.ParentId

and for TASK --

Choose Object and Specify When to Start the Process
Object * Task
Start Process* When record is created or edited

Define Criteria for this Action Group
*No criteria- just execute the actions

TRUE >Immediate Actions>Add actions>

Select and Define Action
Action type*Update Records

Record type > Select a record to update* Select the Task record that started your process

Criteria for Updating Records* No criteria- just execute the actions

Set new field values for the records you update***
Field* Parent Account Lookup 
Type* Reference
Value* Account.ParentId 

What I am running into is that it works fine for the Opportunity.  They can create an opportunity on a child or the parent account with no problem.   It is when I use the Task it errors.  They cannot create a task on the parent account????  I get a Flow error.

Error element myRule_1_A1 (FlowRecordUpdate).
This error occurred when the flow tried to update records: The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Account.ParentId because it hasn't been set or assigned.. For details, see API Exceptions.

Any ideas why or how I can fix this?

Thanks!!!!

Has anyone completed this trail? I am stomped on challenge number 3, regarding created the process for fulfillment. Any pointers or guidance would be appreciated.

I seem to have no clue what's wrong in the report which I created. As per the requirement - Summarize the report by Account Name, the contact’s Full Name, and show the Hobby Name." Here I do not understand Full Name, as in the report we only get First Name, Last Name.
The error says - 
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have either the correct report type or (most likely) the correct columns.

I have summarized the report by Account Name, then by Last Name. Another column shown is Hobbies Name. The report filter is on Hobby Type (the bucket field) = Outdoor Activities and it is locked.

Does anyone know whats wrong?
I'm also having trouble with this challenge. With the logic below I get the error "The validation rule failed to enforce the business logic". But when I leave out the NOT (ISBLANK( checks for MailingPostalCode or Account.ShippingPostalCode I get a worse error "FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION". Here's what my rule looks like:

User-added image
Hi Everyone,

I would like to install and test an app exchange application. I can install it from my Developer Edition or any other Salesforce Edition (Unlimited/Enterprise). Is it possible to directly install an applicaiton to any of the following sandbox instead of going through production / developer edition? 
  • Developer
  • Developer Pro
  • Partial Copy 
  • March 04, 2016
Hello,

I created the validation rule and checked that it worked in my org.
When I check it through trailhead, I get this error:
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Zip Code does not match Account Shipping Zip Code: []

A different thread suggested deactivating the rule but when I do so I get this:
The validation rule failed to enforce the business logic

For reference, this is the validation rule.
(NOT (ISBLANK(Account.Name))) && (MailingPostalCode <> Account.ShippingPostalCode)
Looks good and works well. 

Any thought?
I seem to have no clue what's wrong in the report which I created. As per the requirement - Summarize the report by Account Name, the contact’s Full Name, and show the Hobby Name." Here I do not understand Full Name, as in the report we only get First Name, Last Name.
The error says - 
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have either the correct report type or (most likely) the correct columns.

I have summarized the report by Account Name, then by Last Name. Another column shown is Hobbies Name. The report filter is on Hobby Type (the bucket field) = Outdoor Activities and it is locked.

Does anyone know whats wrong?
I'm also having trouble with this challenge. With the logic below I get the error "The validation rule failed to enforce the business logic". But when I leave out the NOT (ISBLANK( checks for MailingPostalCode or Account.ShippingPostalCode I get a worse error "FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION". Here's what my rule looks like:

User-added image
Hello,

I created the validation rule and checked that it worked in my org.
When I check it through trailhead, I get this error:
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Zip Code does not match Account Shipping Zip Code: []

A different thread suggested deactivating the rule but when I do so I get this:
The validation rule failed to enforce the business logic

For reference, this is the validation rule.
(NOT (ISBLANK(Account.Name))) && (MailingPostalCode <> Account.ShippingPostalCode)
Looks good and works well. 

Any thought?