• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Radio Button is getting selected as default to "No"...
I want that radio button to be unselected for first time..

How to do that ?
Is there a certification for DEV502 or only training?

If Yes, what is the pre-requisite for DEV502? and how do we register for that ?
Hi All,

We are receiving "Data Not Available" error while trying to access a VF page with a standard controller and extension.

It is working fine in one sandbox and not in other.
Even in other sandbox, it is working fine for some users and not for some users.

Do we have data availability issues? How to resolve this error ?
Hi All,

I'm creating a custom link on Task object which has content source as URL..and I'm including it in Task Page Layout..User should be taken to a VF page related to the custom object which is in WhatId

and I'm giving the following URL

https://cs3.salesforce.com/apex/CEEReconciliationPage_new?id={!Task.What_Id__c}

Where CEEReconciliationPage_new is my VF Page name... which should take the whatId from Task, which is my custom Object Id..

It is giving me "Id is not valid for custom_Object__c standard controller...

Can some one help me what is going wrong here ?
How to pass the link to VF page in Description field while creating Task record?
Because "Description" field accepts only text format

Somehow I'm not getting replies in my existing post

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000Ao3fIAC

I need to create a popup whenever user logs in and he has some records....i have created one VF page and kept it in home page component...and enabled...i'm not getting popup now....here is what i have done 

<apex:page wizard="true" >
 <script src="/soap/ajax/22.0/connection.js"></script>
<script src="/soap/ajax/22.0/apex.js"></script>
<script>
var queryresult = sforce.connection.query("Select Id from Position__c where Id != null");
var records = queryresult.getArray("records");
if(records != null && records.size()>0) {
window.onload= reconcile;
}
else {
window.onload = noReconcile;
}
function reconcile() {
alert('You have got POSITION RECORDS');
url='/apex/user' ;
newwindow=window.open(url,'name','height=300,width=250');
}
function noReconcile() {
alert('You have NO POSITION RECORDS');
url='/apex/user' ;
}
</script>
</apex:page>

can someone tell me what is going wrong here?...do i need to call from some controller ? ...

Can someone give some idea how to approach for this quickly?....pleaseeee

Hi All,

First of all, I have written a scheduler class which runs everyday and based on logic each user will get a seperate email.
I have used Messaging.singlemail. Based on my business requirement, everyday I will be calling Messaging.sendEmail 3 times in my scheduler class (I know that there is a limit of 10 per transacation.i.e., u can call Messaging.sendEmail to a max of 10 times per transaction)

The problem here is with Daily limit of sending to 1000 different external email address per day (No limit for salesforce internal user addresses).
We have got a requirement where I might need to copy a user's manager email (which might not be salesforce internal user). So I might hit the limit of 1000 external email addresses per day for manager's scenario 

This is what i got from salesforce documentation:

Using the API or Apex, you can send single emails to a maximum of 1,000 external email addresses per day based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Single emails sent using the Salesforce application don't count toward this limit. There’s no limit on sending individual emails to contacts, leads, person accounts, and users in your organization directly from account, contact, lead, opportunity, case, campaign, or custom object pages.When sending single emails, keep in mind:You can send 100 emails per SingleEmailMessage.
If you use SingleEmailMessage to email your organization’s internal users, specifying the user’s ID in setTargetObjectId means the email doesn’t count toward the daily limit. However, specifying internal users’ email addresseses in setToAddresses means the email does count toward the limit.

I'm excited about the line "Single emails sent using the Salesforce application don't count toward this limit." . What does that mean ?
Sending thru workflow email alerts ? But  there are some workflow emai alerts too right...

What does below line is telling about?
When sending single emails, keep in mind:You can send 100 emails per SingleEmailMessage.

Hi All,

This is urgent requirement!!

Can anyone help me to show a popup as soon as user logs into salesforce, if he has some records from customobject to work on?

So What I mean is , popup should dynamically refer the logged in user's records in custom object and if it meets some criteria then it should some message.

I referred other posts with VF page as popup in home page components. But what I got is all the VF pages needs some action to trigger (Like custom button) ...but here action is "User logs in" ..How to do that ?
Radio Button is getting selected as default to "No"...
I want that radio button to be unselected for first time..

How to do that ?
Hi All,

We are receiving "Data Not Available" error while trying to access a VF page with a standard controller and extension.

It is working fine in one sandbox and not in other.
Even in other sandbox, it is working fine for some users and not for some users.

Do we have data availability issues? How to resolve this error ?
Hi All,

I'm creating a custom link on Task object which has content source as URL..and I'm including it in Task Page Layout..User should be taken to a VF page related to the custom object which is in WhatId

and I'm giving the following URL

https://cs3.salesforce.com/apex/CEEReconciliationPage_new?id={!Task.What_Id__c}

Where CEEReconciliationPage_new is my VF Page name... which should take the whatId from Task, which is my custom Object Id..

It is giving me "Id is not valid for custom_Object__c standard controller...

Can some one help me what is going wrong here ?

Somehow I'm not getting replies in my existing post

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000Ao3fIAC

I need to create a popup whenever user logs in and he has some records....i have created one VF page and kept it in home page component...and enabled...i'm not getting popup now....here is what i have done 

<apex:page wizard="true" >
 <script src="/soap/ajax/22.0/connection.js"></script>
<script src="/soap/ajax/22.0/apex.js"></script>
<script>
var queryresult = sforce.connection.query("Select Id from Position__c where Id != null");
var records = queryresult.getArray("records");
if(records != null && records.size()>0) {
window.onload= reconcile;
}
else {
window.onload = noReconcile;
}
function reconcile() {
alert('You have got POSITION RECORDS');
url='/apex/user' ;
}
function noReconcile() {
alert('You have NO POSITION RECORDS');
url='/apex/user' ;
}
</script>
</apex:page>

can someone tell me what is going wrong here?...do i need to call from some controller ? ...

Can someone give some idea how to approach for this quickly?....pleaseeee

Hi All,

First of all, I have written a scheduler class which runs everyday and based on logic each user will get a seperate email.
I have used Messaging.singlemail. Based on my business requirement, everyday I will be calling Messaging.sendEmail 3 times in my scheduler class (I know that there is a limit of 10 per transacation.i.e., u can call Messaging.sendEmail to a max of 10 times per transaction)

The problem here is with Daily limit of sending to 1000 different external email address per day (No limit for salesforce internal user addresses).
We have got a requirement where I might need to copy a user's manager email (which might not be salesforce internal user). So I might hit the limit of 1000 external email addresses per day for manager's scenario 

This is what i got from salesforce documentation:

Using the API or Apex, you can send single emails to a maximum of 1,000 external email addresses per day based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Single emails sent using the Salesforce application don't count toward this limit. There’s no limit on sending individual emails to contacts, leads, person accounts, and users in your organization directly from account, contact, lead, opportunity, case, campaign, or custom object pages.When sending single emails, keep in mind:You can send 100 emails per SingleEmailMessage.
If you use SingleEmailMessage to email your organization’s internal users, specifying the user’s ID in setTargetObjectId means the email doesn’t count toward the daily limit. However, specifying internal users’ email addresseses in setToAddresses means the email does count toward the limit.

I'm excited about the line "Single emails sent using the Salesforce application don't count toward this limit." . What does that mean ?
Sending thru workflow email alerts ? But  there are some workflow emai alerts too right...

What does below line is telling about?
When sending single emails, keep in mind:You can send 100 emails per SingleEmailMessage.

Hi All,

This is urgent requirement!!

Can anyone help me to show a popup as soon as user logs into salesforce, if he has some records from customobject to work on?

So What I mean is , popup should dynamically refer the logged in user's records in custom object and if it meets some criteria then it should some message.

I referred other posts with VF page as popup in home page components. But what I got is all the VF pages needs some action to trigger (Like custom button) ...but here action is "User logs in" ..How to do that ?