• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi everyone,

I have created a REST API in salesforce.

I also have created a community site. I have given 'API enabled' permission to the user profiles for site users. They are able to access the REST API fine.

Now, I also want to allow to have a guest access to my site. However, I don't see any option to give 'API enabled' permission to site guest user.
When I tried to create a permission set, and assign to guest user profile - it gave me error - "The user license doesn't allow the permission: API Enabled".

Could anyone please help me on how to get this done.

Thank you.

Hi All,

I have created a community and assigned members to it. Assigned members can access the community after login. This is fine.

Now, I want to have a guest access to my community, that means without login user can access my community, Is this possible?

Thanks
Hello,

As I understand, the default page size for standard set controller is 20.By default when my list gets loaded, i want to make it as 10.
Hence,In my controller for VF page, I am setting the page size as 10. My page loads fine showing 10 records on first page. However, when I run the test class, it gives me the error as - Modified rows exist in the record collection. If I remove the line of setting 10 as default page size then it works fine.
Does anyone have any idea on this?

Thanks,
Hi All,

Does anyone have any idea if it is possible to add the out-of-the-box quick access menu on our custom visualforce pages?

Thanks,
Hi,

On the standard list page, there is always a drop-down display to view - recently created, recently modified, recently viewed records.

I want to use the same for the listing on my custom visualforce page. Does anyone have idea how can we add that standard drop-down to the custom page.

Thanks,

Hi,

I have one select list, Based on the value I select from this list and click a commandbutton besides it, I need to query one of my custom object which returns me an anchor tag <a href-"www.google.com"> and I have to navigate to this anchor tag returned.

However, Using PageReference(anchorTag), I am not able to do so.

Any ideas please.
Hi All,

I am trying to implement one scenario as mentioed following.

There are certain fields on one object which should be read-only when a user is creating a record. Also, when he edits the records he owns, these fields should be read-only.

All other users should be able to modify those fields on that object while viewing and editing the records created by the other users.

I tried record type, permission set however it does not seem to be working the way I am expecting.Any idea how to proceed on this. 

Thanks,
  • September 30, 2015
On trailhead, I am not able to see the check challenge status button. Any idea? Please take a look at the following screen-print.

Check challenge status button not appearing
Hi All,

Does anyone have any idea if it is possible to add the out-of-the-box quick access menu on our custom visualforce pages?

Thanks,
Hi

I am adding a NOTE to a CONTACT, and the API shows success.
But I do not see the new NOTE appearing under CONTACT.
What can this be?

SalesForce API has returned the following for Entity ID 01U000001Xb4GEIAZ: 'id' => '002U000000DNR8zIAH', 'success' => true
  • September 16, 2015
Hello

I would like to take an extract of the list of fields and its definition types for standard objects like accounts, leads etc....any recommendation on how to get this please?
  • September 02, 2015
On trailhead, I am not able to see the check challenge status button. Any idea? Please take a look at the following screen-print.

Check challenge status button not appearing
Where should we practise these new Lightning Experience trailhead modules, since it is not available in summer 15 org.

Thanks

what is initial submission in approval process?

Without clicking on submit for approval can i send it to approval process? Can u please share steps?  

what are the action used in approval process? te a query on account object to fetch contact details?

The challenge can not be done, tried both safari and chrome and answers can not selected.
  • August 27, 2015
hi
can anyone know how to follow  the 'Opportunities Dashboard' in Chatter. (*Feed Tracking enabled)
regards,
kb

Trailhead is bugging out on accepting my completed challenge (I think). 

The task is: "In '3 - Sales & Marketing Adoption' dashboard, change the dashboard component for 'New LEAD Trend by Source' to a pie chart and set the wedges to Lead Source"

As you can see by the attached picture - I have completed the steps.

The picture may be hard to see- but wedges are set to lead source. I keep getting an error message that it is not. Bug fix?

Governor limit question:
--------Maximum timeout for all callouts (HTTP requests or Web services calls) in a transaction 120 seconds------

Is my understanding correct ? If I've 3 callouts made, sum of all callout times should not exceed 120 seconds.