• 14 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Can anyone look at this and tell me why this is NOT prompting the validation rule to fire?
The rule says, IF first field = x and the second field = NULL, then fire rule.

AND(ISPICKVAL(Sales_Status__c, "Startup (pre-startup meeting)"),
Startup_Meeting_Date__c = NULL)

I have a requirement to share a note with multiple accounts. My first issue I was trying to solve is being able to store the notes data in variables then create new records based off that data. I have a trigger on ContentDocumentLink that passes info off to a class. 

Problem is, if I save the note before it auto saves, everything works. If I let the record auto save, I dont get the body of the note. 

trigger trasnferNotes on ContentDocumentLink (after insert) {

string relatedID;
    String documentID;

//Get the current ID for the note
    if (Trigger.isAfter) {
        if (Trigger.isInsert) {
            for(ContentDocumentLink cdl : Trigger.New) {
                relatedID = cdl.LinkedEntityId;
                documentID = cdl.ContentDocumentId;
                transferNotesClass db = new transferNotesClass(relatedID, documentID);
            }
        }
    }

}

global class transferNotesClass {

global String noteID;
    global String contentDocumentID;
    global String cvID;

global transferNotesClass(String relatedID, String documentID) {

try {

noteID = relatedID;
            contentDocumentID = documentID;

System.debug('Class Note ID: ' + noteID);

//Getting the ID from ContentVersion
            List<ContentVersion> cv = New List<ContentVersion>([select id from ContentVersion 
                                                                where ContentDocumentId = :contentDocumentID]);
            for(ContentVersion cv1 : cv) {
                cvID = cv1.Id; 
            }

//Getting the Content Note by passing the above ID to ContentNote
            List<ContentNote> contNote = New List<ContentNote>([select Content, ContentSize, CreatedById, CreatedDate, FileExtension, FileType, 
                                                                Id, IsDeleted, IsReadOnly, LastModifiedById, LastModifiedDate, LastViewedDate, 
                                                                LatestPublishedVersionId, OwnerId, SharingPrivacy, TextPreview, Title 
                                                                from ContentNote where LatestPublishedVersionId = :cvID]);

for(ContentNote contNote1 : contNote) {
                Blob contentBlob = contnote1.Content;
                String contentString = contentBlob.toString();
                List<String> csvFileLines= contentString.split('\n');
                system.debug(csvFileLines);
                System.debug('Note Title: ' + contNote1.Title);
                //System.debug('Note Content: ' + csvFileLines);
            }

}

catch(DmlException e) {
            System.debug('The following exception has occurred: ' + e.getMessage());
        }

}

}

I have a requirement where the user would like to share the note with other records related to the current record. I know I can just manually share it inside the note, but they need this to happen automatically because sometimes there could be 20+. 

Can we somehow modify the out of the box note solution on Lightning? I was thinking if I had a checkbox = TRUE then I could kick off a flow or apex to take that note and link it to other records. I just don't know if it is possible to modify the notes layout as it is no longer in the Object Manager. 
Has anyone ever used JavaScript to backup their Salesforce data? I'm looking to do a nightly backup and I have something working now using batch processes and DataLoader command line but I'd rather have JavaScript. 
OK, my org has a custom object and has a unique ID attached to it. I can't do a nomral transfer of records because we need to kee both.  I build a flow and a screen takes the OLD UID and the NEW UID. 

Upon getting this nfo, my flow takes all the info from the old record and copies it to the new record. I was able to get all the info over, plus the related activites and events. I'm now needing the notes and files. 

I can not for the life of me find out HOW I can move the notes over. 

Example: Moving tasks, I simply change the WHATID. I read that CONTENTNOTE is the new note object, but it does not have the WHATID to change. 

How can change the related to field on a note in lighting from the backend (using FLOW or APEX). 
I have a batch class that updated a custom object when a trigger runs. 

Sceniro: Someone adds a state to a multi select picklist. The trigger will grab all states, and throw the last state in the variable. I then grab the id of the record in another variable. I pass both of those variables over to a batch class and run a query on another custome object, and update the fields. 

Problem is, when I get to the update part, the first field (Flow_Kick_Off__c) gets the value of the variable, but the other field (Territory__c) does not..... I don't understand why one field is getting updated, but not the other. 

Here is the trigger:
trigger updateFacility on Territory__c (before insert, before update) {

//Adding a state index is -1. Removing a state index is normal.

String[] oldStates;
    String[] newStates;
    Integer countStates;
    Integer countOldStates;
    Integer countNewStates;
    String terrID;
    String terrState;

if(Trigger.isUpdate) {
        for(Territory__c oldTerr : Trigger.old) {
            oldStates = oldTerr.states__c.split(';');
            countOldStates = oldStates.size();
            terrID = oldTerr.Id;
        }

}

else if(Trigger.isInsert) {

}

for(Territory__c newTerr : Trigger.new) {
        newStates = newTerr.states__c.split(';');
        countNewStates = newStates.size();

if(countNewStates > countOldStates) {
            terrState = newStates[countNewStates-1];
            System.debug('TRIGGER ID = ' + terrID);
            System.debug('TRIGGER STATE = ' + terrState);
            FacilityUpdates db = new FacilityUpdates(terrState, terrID);
            database.executeBatch(db, 75);
        }

else {

}

}

}

Here is the class: The only field that is not updating is (Territory__c)
global class FacilityUpdates implements Database.Batchable<sObject> {

global String terrState;
    global String terrID;

global FacilityUpdates(String myStates, String terID){
        terrState = myStates;
        terrID = terID;
        system.debug('STATE = ' + myStates);
        system.debug('ID = ' + terID);
    }

public String query;

global Database.querylocator start(Database.BatchableContext BC){

//String newString = '\'';
        system.debug('INSIDE EXECUTE STATE = ' + terrState);

query = 'Select id, Name, physical_State__c, Territory__c FROM Facility__c WHERE physical_State__c = :terrState';
        //query = 'Select id, Name, physical_State__c, Territory__c FROM Facility__c WHERE Territory__c = :terrId AND physical_State__c includes ' + states;

system.debug(query);
        return Database.getQueryLocator(query);
    }

global void execute(Database.BatchableContext BC, List<sObject> scope){
        List<Facility__c> accns = new List<Facility__c>();
        for(sObject s : scope)
        {
            Facility__c a = (Facility__c)s;
            a.Flow_Kickoff__c = terrID;
            a.Territory__c = terrID;
            accns.add(a);
        }
        update accns;

}

global void finish(Database.BatchableContext BC) {

}

}

I have Object 1 and Object 2. I have a field on Object 1 that looks at Object 2 and pulls that value from Object based on another field in Object 1. 

When someone updates the field on Object 2, I need it to update ALL records on Object 1. I'm trying to write a trigger to do this, but I keep running into TOO MANY STATEMENTS error. PLEASE HELP!

trigger UpdatedTerritoryByState on Territory_By_State__c (after update) {

String tbsState;
    String tbsTerritory;
	String updatedTerritory;
    String facID;

//Setting the Territory By State vars    
    for(Territory_By_State__c tbs : Trigger.new) {
        tbsState = tbs.State__c;
        tbsTerritory = tbs.Territory__c;
    }

List<Facility__c> facilityToUpdate = new list<Facility__c>();
    List<Facility__c> updateFacility = [SELECT Facility__c.id, Facility__c.physical_state__c FROM Facility__c WHERE Facility__c.physical_State__c = :tbsState];
    for(Facility__c fac : updateFacility) {
        Facility__c f = new Facility__c();
        f.Id = fac.Id;
        f.Territory__c = tbsTerritory;
        facilityToUpdate.add(f);
    }

update facilityToUpdate;

}

I have two object
1. Contacts__c
2. Sales_VP_By_Territory__c

On the Contacts__c object, I have two fields
1. Sales VP (Picklist / read only)
2. Territory (Picklist)

On the Sales_VP_By_Territory__c, I have two fields. This object is hidden from users
1. Sales VP
2. Territory

On the Contacts__c object, I would like the user to select the Territory. Once they select one and save the record, a Trigger will fire and store the current record Territory in a variable and then execute a SOQL query on the Sales_VP_By_Territory object and get the Sales_VP__c field value and store it in a variable. Then it will go back and populate the Contact__c records field Sales_VP__c.

Here is my code, but the issue is, it keeps telling me 
"GetSalesVP: data changed by trigger for field Sales VP: bad value for restricted picklist field: (Sales_VP_By_Territory__c:{Sales_VP__c=Brandon Nelson, Id=a0z3a000007e8LSAAY})"

If you notice in my SOQL query, I'm not pulling ID so why is it trying to insert it?

trigger GetSalesVP on Contact__c (before insert, before update) {

String territory;
    String getSalesVP;

for(Contact__c c : Trigger.new) {
        territory = c.Territory__c;

List<Sales_VP_By_Territory__c> getSalesVP = [SELECT Sales_VP__c FROM Sales_VP_By_Territory__c WHERE territory__c = :territory]; 

c.Sales_VP__c = String.valueOf(getSalesVP);

}  
}

We are trying to integrate one of our systems with Salesforce and need some advice on where to go with this. We would like to have Salesforce gather the info from our third party system on demand. 
Example: Someone clicks on an account. This would trigger an event to request and get the data from our external system. 
We are aware of API governing limits and we will not hit these, but I just dont know where to start. 

Any advice?
I have been tasked with learning how to use the REST API to pull data from other systems over to our Salesforce objects. I figured a good way to practice is to link data from a Google Sheet to one of our Salesforce objects. Can someone give me some info on how to do this? Like a step by step from setting up the API to writing the code? I'm not a developer but understand enough to do it, I just don't know where to start.
APEX Noob here :)

So I found out that I can not use a field of TEXT format when using an EMAIL ALERT. What I did was created a field called "Email" and gave it an EMAIL format. I would like to update this field with the email address based on the name in another field.

Layout:
Case Object: I have a field named: Wealth Planner (This is a lookup field linked on the EMPLOYEES custom object)
Case Object: I have a field named: Email (I would like this field to populate the EMAIL address for Wealth Planner (above) on the EMPLOYEES object)

I just dont know enough APEX to do this yet. Any help????

I hope this make sense.....
I have a SOQL query wrote out, but I can't (Don't know how) to access it in VisualForce. Can someone please help me with the Apex page? I can return the main columns but I don't know how to return the sub query in the columns? 

APEX CLASS CODE
public with sharing class DisplayAttachments{ public List<Account> Records {get; set;} public DisplayAttachments(){ String userId = userinfo.getUserName(); Records = [select Id,Name,(Select Id,Name from Attachments) From Account Where CreatedBy.Name = iserId]; } }
VISUALFORCE PAGE
<apex:page controller="DisplayAttachments"> <apex:pageBlock title="My Attachments"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Records}" var="Record"> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Client ID</apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!Record.ID}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Client Name</apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!Record.Name}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Attachment ID</apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!Record.ID}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Attachment Name</apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!Record.Name}"/> </apex:column> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:page>

At work I use Households and manage them, but when I'm trying to learn how to setup my own Household object, I run into the issue I dont how..... I would like 1 object (Household) to be one that list all group members, notes, task, ect... Any ideas how to make this work?
Hello! I have looked online for this and found 2 answers but neither truly make sense to me as to what the triggers are actually doing. I was wondering if someone could help me accomplish and understand an apex trigger. The requirement is that a case cannot be closed if it has an associated task that is still open. Thank you!!!!
i have requirement to create a case if case was not being created manually for that month for particular accounts. i have stored all account in custom object (where i am going to store the account which i want to apply above proceed. i am not sure what query i should write

global class BatchCaseRecord implements Database.Batchable<sObject> {
    global final string query;
    DateTime dt = DateTime.now();
    String monthName = dt.format('MMMMM');
    Integer year = Date.today().year();
    global Database.QueryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext bc) {
// what will be query to get the record which need to processed 
        string query = 'SELECT Account__c FROM CaseRecord_Account__c Limit 2000';

}
    global void execute(Database.BatchableContext bc, List<CaseRecord_Account__c> CNbatch) {
        List<Case> caserecords = new List<Case>();
        String rtype = [select id from recordtype where sobjecttype = 'Case' and name = 'CaseRecord'].id;
        for (CaseRecord_Account__c CN : CNbatch) {
            for (integer i = 0; i < AccountList.size; i++) {
                //        
                //what will be if codition to check if case is not created this month 
                case c1 = new case();

c1.Month__c = monthName.left(3);
                c1.Year__c = String.valueOf(year);
                c1.Reason__c = 'Phone';
                c1.RecordTypeId = rtype;
                c1.Client_Account__c = CN.Account__c;
                caserecords.add(c1);
                if (!caserecords.isEmpty()) {
                    database.insert(caserecords, false);
                }
            }
        }
    }
//}
/// send the email to account user for those case is created

global void finish(Database.BatchableContext bc) {
        AsyncApexJob a = [Select Id, Status,ExtendedStatus,NumberOfErrors, JobItemsProcessed,TotalJobItems, CreatedBy.Email from AsyncApexJob where Id = :BC.getJobId()];
        Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
        String[] toAddresses = new String[]{
                a.CreatedBy.Email
        };
        mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
        mail.setSubject('Match Merge Batch ' + a.Status);
        mail.setPlainTextBody('records processed ' + a.TotalJobItems + 'with ' + a.NumberOfErrors + ' failures.');
        Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[]{
                mail
        });
    }
}

I have a batch class that updated a custom object when a trigger runs. 

Sceniro: Someone adds a state to a multi select picklist. The trigger will grab all states, and throw the last state in the variable. I then grab the id of the record in another variable. I pass both of those variables over to a batch class and run a query on another custome object, and update the fields. 

Problem is, when I get to the update part, the first field (Flow_Kick_Off__c) gets the value of the variable, but the other field (Territory__c) does not..... I don't understand why one field is getting updated, but not the other. 

Here is the trigger:
trigger updateFacility on Territory__c (before insert, before update) {

//Adding a state index is -1. Removing a state index is normal.

String[] oldStates;
    String[] newStates;
    Integer countStates;
    Integer countOldStates;
    Integer countNewStates;
    String terrID;
    String terrState;

if(Trigger.isUpdate) {
        for(Territory__c oldTerr : Trigger.old) {
            oldStates = oldTerr.states__c.split(';');
            countOldStates = oldStates.size();
            terrID = oldTerr.Id;
        }

}

else if(Trigger.isInsert) {

}

for(Territory__c newTerr : Trigger.new) {
        newStates = newTerr.states__c.split(';');
        countNewStates = newStates.size();

if(countNewStates > countOldStates) {
            terrState = newStates[countNewStates-1];
            System.debug('TRIGGER ID = ' + terrID);
            System.debug('TRIGGER STATE = ' + terrState);
            FacilityUpdates db = new FacilityUpdates(terrState, terrID);
            database.executeBatch(db, 75);
        }

else {

}

}

}

Here is the class: The only field that is not updating is (Territory__c)
global class FacilityUpdates implements Database.Batchable<sObject> {

global String terrState;
    global String terrID;

global FacilityUpdates(String myStates, String terID){
        terrState = myStates;
        terrID = terID;
        system.debug('STATE = ' + myStates);
        system.debug('ID = ' + terID);
    }

public String query;

global Database.querylocator start(Database.BatchableContext BC){

//String newString = '\'';
        system.debug('INSIDE EXECUTE STATE = ' + terrState);

query = 'Select id, Name, physical_State__c, Territory__c FROM Facility__c WHERE physical_State__c = :terrState';
        //query = 'Select id, Name, physical_State__c, Territory__c FROM Facility__c WHERE Territory__c = :terrId AND physical_State__c includes ' + states;

system.debug(query);
    }

global void execute(Database.BatchableContext BC, List<sObject> scope){
        List<Facility__c> accns = new List<Facility__c>();
        for(sObject s : scope)
        {
            Facility__c a = (Facility__c)s;
            a.Flow_Kickoff__c = terrID;
            a.Territory__c = terrID;
            accns.add(a);
        }
        update accns;

}

global void finish(Database.BatchableContext BC) {

}

}

I have Object 1 and Object 2. I have a field on Object 1 that looks at Object 2 and pulls that value from Object based on another field in Object 1. 

When someone updates the field on Object 2, I need it to update ALL records on Object 1. I'm trying to write a trigger to do this, but I keep running into TOO MANY STATEMENTS error. PLEASE HELP!

trigger UpdatedTerritoryByState on Territory_By_State__c (after update) {

String tbsState;
    String tbsTerritory;
	String updatedTerritory;
    String facID;

//Setting the Territory By State vars    
    for(Territory_By_State__c tbs : Trigger.new) {
        tbsState = tbs.State__c;
        tbsTerritory = tbs.Territory__c;
    }

List<Facility__c> facilityToUpdate = new list<Facility__c>();
    List<Facility__c> updateFacility = [SELECT Facility__c.id, Facility__c.physical_state__c FROM Facility__c WHERE Facility__c.physical_State__c = :tbsState];
    for(Facility__c fac : updateFacility) {
        Facility__c f = new Facility__c();
        f.Id = fac.Id;
        f.Territory__c = tbsTerritory;
        facilityToUpdate.add(f);
    }

update facilityToUpdate;

}

I have two object
1. Contacts__c
2. Sales_VP_By_Territory__c

On the Contacts__c object, I have two fields
1. Sales VP (Picklist / read only)
2. Territory (Picklist)

On the Sales_VP_By_Territory__c, I have two fields. This object is hidden from users
1. Sales VP
2. Territory

On the Contacts__c object, I would like the user to select the Territory. Once they select one and save the record, a Trigger will fire and store the current record Territory in a variable and then execute a SOQL query on the Sales_VP_By_Territory object and get the Sales_VP__c field value and store it in a variable. Then it will go back and populate the Contact__c records field Sales_VP__c.

Here is my code, but the issue is, it keeps telling me 
"GetSalesVP: data changed by trigger for field Sales VP: bad value for restricted picklist field: (Sales_VP_By_Territory__c:{Sales_VP__c=Brandon Nelson, Id=a0z3a000007e8LSAAY})"

If you notice in my SOQL query, I'm not pulling ID so why is it trying to insert it?

trigger GetSalesVP on Contact__c (before insert, before update) {

String territory;
    String getSalesVP;

for(Contact__c c : Trigger.new) {
        territory = c.Territory__c;

List<Sales_VP_By_Territory__c> getSalesVP = [SELECT Sales_VP__c FROM Sales_VP_By_Territory__c WHERE territory__c = :territory]; 

c.Sales_VP__c = String.valueOf(getSalesVP);

}  
}

I'm wondering if this is just a glitch in Salesforce and if anyone has any workaround. I currently have a Trigger on ContentDocumentLink that sends an email to the owner of a custom object record when a File or Note is created and attached to that record. The trigger also attaches file information and the body of the Note if it's a ContentNote being inserted. The trigger handles the logic in differentiating Notes from other file types. The problem is when the user hits the button to create a new Note in classic or in the Console, an empty, untitled, new note record is inserted instantly firing my trigger before the user has time to add content to the body. In Lightning it at least allows the user to fill out the header of the note before saving, but saves before the note body is filled out. Cancelling out of creating the note still leaves the blank note saved and attached to the record. Any help in understanding why the note saves before the user hits the save button would be appreciated.
APEX Noob here :)

So I found out that I can not use a field of TEXT format when using an EMAIL ALERT. What I did was created a field called "Email" and gave it an EMAIL format. I would like to update this field with the email address based on the name in another field.

Layout:
Case Object: I have a field named: Wealth Planner (This is a lookup field linked on the EMPLOYEES custom object)
Case Object: I have a field named: Email (I would like this field to populate the EMAIL address for Wealth Planner (above) on the EMPLOYEES object)

I just dont know enough APEX to do this yet. Any help????

I hope this make sense.....
I have a SOQL query wrote out, but I can't (Don't know how) to access it in VisualForce. Can someone please help me with the Apex page? I can return the main columns but I don't know how to return the sub query in the columns? 

APEX CLASS CODE
public with sharing class DisplayAttachments{ public List<Account> Records {get; set;} public DisplayAttachments(){ String userId = userinfo.getUserName(); Records = [select Id,Name,(Select Id,Name from Attachments) From Account Where CreatedBy.Name = iserId]; } }
VISUALFORCE PAGE
<apex:page controller="DisplayAttachments"> <apex:pageBlock title="My Attachments"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Records}" var="Record"> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Client ID</apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!Record.ID}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Client Name</apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!Record.Name}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Attachment ID</apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!Record.ID}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header">Attachment Name</apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!Record.Name}"/> </apex:column> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:page>

I'm wondering if this is just a glitch in Salesforce and if anyone has any workaround. I currently have a Trigger on ContentDocumentLink that sends an email to the owner of a custom object record when a File or Note is created and attached to that record. The trigger also attaches file information and the body of the Note if it's a ContentNote being inserted. The trigger handles the logic in differentiating Notes from other file types. The problem is when the user hits the button to create a new Note in classic or in the Console, an empty, untitled, new note record is inserted instantly firing my trigger before the user has time to add content to the body. In Lightning it at least allows the user to fill out the header of the note before saving, but saves before the note body is filled out. Cancelling out of creating the note still leaves the blank note saved and attached to the record. Any help in understanding why the note saves before the user hits the save button would be appreciated.