• 154 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello! There are a series of Trailhead links I need to access for onboarding that I'm unable to access. I get a 404 message. Here's an example:

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/trail/mr-write-the-trailhead-way

Any thoughts on this? I've been able to complete several trails and get badges, but am shut out of these links.

Thanks!
This probably seems ridiculous....but I've just spent hours trying to complete a task to assign contact roles. Nowhere can find any such thing in my developer edition. I read the instructions...and they do not match what I'm seeing. Went to Help...read those instructions, same problem. 

Complete novice here...and this is beyond frustrating.

Any suggestions?
Hi , 

Is it possible to use same user lincence for multiple users in developer edition. please confirm.

Regards,
Bindu 
I am having issues with Creating  an Apex class that returns Account objects for the Mapping.net concepts challenge.  I am a VB and Javascript programmer and I can't seem to get the syntax right.   
public class AccountUtils {

public static void accountsByState(String st){
       List<String> accts = [SELECT Id, Name FROM Account WHERE billingState = :st];
 }

}
I believe the first part is correct, but I cannot seem to get a return value.  I am confused by the constructors.  I have tried the documentation but I can't get a return value.  Please help.  I need to get this challenge complete.

Hi all,

I have a problem with this challenge : 

Write an Apex trigger that fires before records are inserted and ensures that the ShippingState field has the same value as the BillingState field.
Create an Apex class named AccountTriggerHandler that contains a public static method called CreateAccounts to accept the List of Account objects.
For each Account record, before saving, ensure that the ShippingState field has the same value as the BillingState field.
Write an Apex trigger named AccountTrigger that fires before records are inserted.
The Apex trigger must call the AccountTriggerHandler.CreateAccounts() method with the collection of new records.
Create a test class named AccountTriggerTest that inserts 200 Account records with a BillingState of CA. After the insert, test to ensure that all 200 records have a ShippingState of CA.
Before verifying this challenge, run your test class at least once using the Developer Console Run All feature.

and this is my classes :

public class AccountTriggerHandler {

public static void CreateAccounts(List<Account> acclist){

for(Account a:acclist){

if(a.ShippingState!=a.BillingState){
                a.BillingState=a.ShippingState;

}
        }
    }

}

trigger AccountTrigger on Account (before insert) 
{
    if (Trigger.isBefore && Trigger.isInsert) {
			AccountTriggerHandler.CreateAccounts(Trigger.new);
		}	
	}

@isTest
public class AccountTriggerTest {

@isTest static void TestCreate200Records(){

// Test Setup data
        // Create 200 new Accounts
        List<Account> accts = new List<Account>();
        for(Integer i=0; i < 200; i++) {
            Account acct = new Account(Name='Test Account ' + i, BillingState = 'CA');
            accts.add(acct);

Test.startTest();
            //insert acct;
        	Test.stopTest();

for (Account a:accts){

System.assertEquals('CA', a.ShippingState, 'ERROR');
            }

}

}
}
And this error :
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'AccountTrigger' Trigger does not appear to be working correctly. Inserted records did not have matching BillingState and ShippingState values.

Anyone can help me please??
Thanks!

public class ContactAndLeadSearch {
public static List<List<SObject>> searchContactsAndLeads(string FN)
{
    List<List<sObject>> searchList = [FIND 'FN' IN all fields 
RETURNING Contact(FirstName,LastName) ,Lead(FirstName,Lastname)];
//Contact[] searchContacts = (Contact[])searchList[0];
//Lead[] searchLeads = (Lead[])searchList[1];
return searchList;

}
}

Please someone correct this code ,, this one was nt fulfilling the challenge req.
Hi,
I am not able to understand the below question correctly Please help me out. - 
Create a class that has a method accepting two strings. The method searches for contacts that have a last name matching the first string and a mailing postal code (API name: MailingPostalCode) matching the second. It gets the ID and Name of those contacts and returns them.The Apex class must be called 'ContactSearch' and be in the public scope.
The Apex class must have a public static method called 'searchForContacts'.
The 'searchForContacts' method must accept two incoming strings as parameters, find any contact that has a last name matching the first, and mailing postal code matching the second string. The method should return a list of Contact records with at least the ID and Name fields.
The return type for 'searchForContacts' must be 'List<Contact>'.
Hi All,

Can anyone please help me with bellow challenge.

Create an Apex trigger for Account that matches Shipping Address Postal Code with Billing Address Postal Code based on a custom field.
For this challenge, you need to create a trigger that, before insert or update, checks for a checkbox, and if the checkbox field is true, sets the Shipping Postal Code (whose API name is ShippingPostalCode) to be the same as the Billing Postal Code (BillingPostalCode).The Apex trigger must be called 'AccountAddressTrigger'.
The Account object will need a new custom checkbox that should have the Field Label 'Match Billing Address' and Field Name of 'Match_Billing_Address'. The resulting API Name should be 'Match_Billing_Address__c'.
With 'AccountAddressTrigger' active, if an Account has a Billing Postal Code and 'Match_Billing_Address__c' is true, the record should have the Shipping Postal Code set to match on insert or update.

For above challenge i tried with following code but looks like it doesnt mach the requirement.

trigger AccountAddressTrigger on Account (before insert, before update) {
    for(Account a : Trigger.new){
        If (a.Match_Billing_Address__c = true) {
            /*ShippingPostalCode = BillingPostalCode;*/
        }   
    } 

}

Please help me
Hello developer heroes!

I'm working through the Apex modules on Trailhead and can't seem to get past this one: https://developer.salesforce.com/en/trailhead/force_com_programmatic_beginner/apex_triggers/apex_triggers_bulk.

Hopefully this doesn't read like a 'please complete the course for me' kinda post, but I have written a trigger that I believe meets the criteria but it isn't passing the check, so I wanted to seek the guidance of the experts.

The challenge is to do this:

Create an Apex trigger for Opportunity that adds a task to any opportunity set to 'Closed Won'.

To complete this challenge, you need to add a trigger for Opportunity. The trigger will add a task to any opportunity inserted or updated with the stage of 'Closed Won'. The task's subject must be 'Follow Up Test Task'.The Apex trigger must be called 'ClosedOpportunityTrigger'

- With 'ClosedOpportunityTrigger' active, if an opportunity is inserted or updated with a stage of 'Closed Won', it will have a task created with the subject 'Follow Up Test Task'.
- To associate the task with the opportunity, fill the 'WhatId' field with the opportunity ID.
- This challenge specifically tests 200 records in one operation.

And here is the trigger I have come up with, which compiles OK and stands up to a manual (though admittedly unbulkified) test:
trigger ClosedOpportunityTrigger on Opportunity (after insert, after update) {

List<Task> taskList = new List<Task>();

for (Opportunity opp : [SELECT Id, StageName FROM Opportunity WHERE StageName = 'Closed Won' AND Id IN :Trigger.new]){

taskList.add(new Task(Subject = 'Follow Up Test Task',
                                  WhatId = opp.Id));

}

if(taskList.size()>0){

insert taskList;

}

}
I have tried replacing the SOQL with a straightforward 'for (Opportunity opp : Trigger.new)' and having the taskList.add inside an IF that checks for Closed Won - no luck. I also thought about checking to see if the stage was being changed to Closed Won, rather than the trigger firing on every edit, but I don't think this is what the module is asking for.

Where do you think I'm going wrong?

Huge thanks in advance!

Hi,

If you have to take an interview of any salesforce position, what all question could you ask ?

Salesforce Developer - Skills -Apex , Force.com API , AppExchange, S-Control .

Please feel free to ask any questions ?

Thanks

Message Edited by ronir on 02-04-2009 11:51 AM
Message Edited by ronir on 02-04-2009 11:55 AM
  • February 04, 2009